“Possibly The Best Designed And Thought Through Hotel Room We've Stayed In”
Review of Inselklause

Inselklause
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Schonwald
Reviewed 3 June 2017

From the sparklng wine waiting for us in the room, via the balcony directly overlooking the babbling brook, to the extremely modern shower, everything about the room was just about spot-on. The receptionist-come-waitress was extremely helpful and spoke good English (to help us out with our poor German). Bed was comfortable, breakfast decent - don't be phased by the shower controller which is a little daunting at first glance - just press 1 for the overhead drench-shower, 2 and 3 do the hand-held one.
Room-size was a little on the small-side, but the balcony more thann made up for that.

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

It is our second time in Schonwald and we enjoyed having dinner at inselklause restaurant again. I had my favorite dish Trout fillet with pastilles made specially for me also the carpaccio was delicious and the chocolate mousse .
Price range is higher than average but it's worth it.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

The terrace is really in an idyllic setting. Service was friendly and outstanding. Went there for lunch and LOVED the trout and everything. They actually have their own trout pond on the property (though the trout is brought to there from a local trout farm). The trout tasted obviously fresh and very well prepared.

Incidentally, the building itself has been beautifully restored/built.

Overall a great place for lunch (or maybe dinner). Not inexpensive, but definitely not expensive and well worth it, especially if its a beautiful day and you can dine outdoors.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Stopped here while on a driving tour through the Black Forest back in May 2014. After some driving, I stopped in for a little something to eat. While I arrived in late afternoon options were limited as the dinning room wasn't really serving, however when I saw they had Black Forest Cake that was all I wanted. How can you pass up eating Black Forest Cake while in the Black Forest. :-) It definitely hit the spot.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

My husband and I stayed here for one night - this place was OUTSTANDING. The staff was wonderful, the whole place is super clean with lovely decor. We enjoyed every minute of our stay - including the freshly prepared fish!