During our recent trip to Ajmer, we spent one night at Ananta Spa & Resorts, Pushkar.
Pros - good infrastructure, well laid out cottages, nice bed, nice shower, prompt response to house-keeping issues, room service... A special mention for Celina, who efficiently handled our check-in process.
Cons - We had done our basic research and read previous reviews at TA. One of the compelling factors that made us chose Ananta (over Aodhi, Kumbhalgarh) was the apparent responsiveness of the management to the various issues raised by TA users. However, it seems that corrective measures are yet to be actioned on the ground.
1. Dodgy TV channel reception - thanks to Tata Sky, we missed the Saturday EPL fixtures.
2. The stench in a particular area near the swimming pool is still markedly noticeable.
3. Service is still an issue and it is evident that the staff are in need of extensive training.
4. Fruit basket - I did request the front desk for one but, it wasn't delivered to my room.
5. The Spa was completely booked (even while the prices are comparable to the Four Seasons Bali Jimbaran Bay !)
Having said all that, we still had a memorable stay at the Ananta Spa & resorts Pushkar.More