“Good hotel for solo business trips” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Amer Palace

Hotel Amer Palace
Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Bhopal
Indore, India
“Good hotel for solo business trips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

1. It is well located in central bhopal.
2. Proximity to all state govt. offices is handy.
3. Rooms are from average to very good.
4. Food is good and room service of ok most of the times.
5. Its more of a standard business class hotel and stay can be more enjoyable for solo travellers.
6. Some rooms have transparent glass windows at visual levels.. that's problematic.
7. Shift changes at reception desk may lead to incomplete transfer of information which may cause little inconvenience to travellers at check-out.

Room Tip: Avoid staircase/ lounge facing rooms.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank id4trip
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 2 days during my official visit in Bhopal, the best thing about this hotel is that it is centrally located and all the major places are very close to the hotel. This hotel is not very expensive in comparison to the other star properties in Bhopal, reasonably priced and good Indian and Mughlai Food.

Room Tip: You may choose this hotel for your stay..
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank vinayprakash01
new delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

When I told people at work that I shall be visiting Bhopal on a trip, they were all surprised. The general reaction was " whats there to see there?". Honestly even I was not sure,my whole idea was to base my self in Bhopal and then visit Sanchi and Bhimbetka, the two world heritage sites.
We( me and my dear wife) took a night train to Bhopal, so that we could reach early morning there and save a day. We had booked Hotel Amer Palace in Bhopal, which is in new bhopal, at MP NAGAR, so one needs to deboard at Habibganj and not at Bhopal station. Its a 5 minute drive for the station.
Honestly I was taken aback by the quality of the roads at Bhopal. We were received warmly at the Hotel and the FDA was very efficient and we we were in our room within 5 minutes.
The room was well appointed, with a king size, comfortable bed, lovely wooden flooring and most importantly clean toilet. The entire experience of staying there was lovley. Great and I shall stress on that part, great food, efficient room service, courteous front desk people and hassle free billing. It was a very good experience and shall like to stay here whenever I am at Bhopal. Please visit Sanchi and Bhimbetka, they are gems.

Room Tip: Go for royal deluxe/ standard rooms
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank parjotok
Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

I stayed here on official visit to Bhopal, and this was my second stay. Overall the reception service is the not very good (except the fake smiles) but rest all, food and rooms are very good. The booking for 2 separate rooms had been done 2 days in advance, but the rooms were not ready when we arrived in the morning. After some minutes of exasperated waiting, we were offered a suite room to freshen up and change as we needed to leave for our official work. We got rooms when we came in the evening. 2/5
Breakfast is complementary and well-spread buffet, and quality is quite good. 4/5
Rooms are well-kept and have enough space, but no sunlight. 3.5/5
Dinner and overall service was also quite good. Quality if food is good. 4/5

Do think of staying here if you are staying for more than 2 days, it kind of makes you settle in after some time. But if you want things in time, some other place would be good.

Room Tip: Getting a room? When you are booking tell them you need a room ready when you come and not just inti...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Alaknanda_2011
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a period of 8 days.
I found that the service people were friendly and very responsive.
The room I was given however, had no windows, very dirty carpeting and a dark dingy bathroom. There was also a lot of renovation that was happening during my stay which made for a noisy stay.
Additionally, while I found the service staff to be helpful, they were also a little irritating when they gave me a 6:30am unrequested wake-up call on a Sunday morning, and showed up at my door an hour and a half later at 7:30am to check whether I needed laundry services. I found this to be very invasive and unnecessary.
The room service was quick and efficient. While the food was tasty, it was also very greasy. The complimentary breakfast is good, and usually includes continental items and some kind of substantial south indian dishes.
The mini-gym on the 2nd floor is okay, and the equipment is functional. It can be an asset to one's stay at the hotel, as long as you do not mind being stared at by the gym attendant through the duration of your workout.
Not all channels worked on television. There were a total of 2 functional english channels, one of which was GOD TV.
The water in showers were not always hot, and it felt like hard water.
Also, there is a disco in the hotel and some nights the music was really loud late into the night.
The hotel is just okay. I guess it depends on the traveler's preferences and situation. I would not recommend it for an extended stay. Maybe 2-3 nights at the most.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business