“Enjoyable stay”

Jehan Numa Palace Hotel
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Bhopal
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Beautiful property with old world charm, clean / rather big room and good choice of food in the 3 restaurants and 1 coffee shop. Helpful staff. Swimming pool was huge and wonderful to look at but unfortunately did not have enough time to use it.
Just one thing that caught our attention - there were ashtrays and matchboxes in the room which meant that it was alright to smoke (forgot to ask the reception staff about this). But the room did not smell of anyone having smoked there recently.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Firefly56
Management response:Responded 24 March 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. We assure you to provide best services in future also and will wait eagerly to welcome you again.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Rooms are a bit dated but fairly good stay.
Food is great.
Service is good and I recommend it 4/5.
If you can afford opt for the suits or premium rooms.
Good conference area. And fair AV facilities

Room Tip: Opt for garden facing room or suit.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 24 March 2012

Reviewed 29 February 2012

After 4 months of traveling, 3 in India, I came here to pamper myself, but my experience has been so disappointing.
I had to talk to no less than a dozen people to get my internet working, they kept telling me that "we've not heard any other complaints" but all they needed to do was turn the router off and back on--no reason that it took an hour plus to fix.
Inexplicably they had no rupees to exchange currency for me, despite having an exchange board posted. They said maybe after checkout, then it was another excuse, and another... finally the manager blamed me for having old bills!?! Nobody ever saw one, they just said they couldn't do it... Then the excuse was, "we only exchange for a guest..." so I guess being at the hotel to book for the following night was not good enough.

Anyway, the staff outside of the reception area was generally friendly, we enjoyed our afternoon of coffees. But, when it came to dinner I had to wait fifteen minutes for water before I finally got my own bottle...

I don't know what to say, it was a customer service nightmare. I've gotten used to having to bargain, and fight my way through the cheaper guesthouses in India, but I wasn't expecting it here.

If I'd not been horrified by the staff I think I might have actually enjoyed my surroundings, but I just don't enjoy spending a hundred dollars a day to be disrespected and disappointed. I wish I'd gone with my gut and canceled my reservation. I couldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Wimsta
Management response:Responded 10 March 2012

Dear Guest
As you wanted to exchange dollars a day prior to your check in date, hence it was refused. As per the FOREIGN CURRENCY- R.L.M - license rules for hotels, we can only exchange foreign currency for our resident guests against the services rendered by us for settlement of room & food bills. Internet password was also not given to you due to security reasons as you were not staying with us.
I had personally explained this to you and apologized for the misunderstanding and inconvenience. Regards.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

I would not recommend this hotel, the hotel is beautifully presented however the service of almost half the staff is outrageous. The reception staff looked down there noses at us and were thoroughly unhelpful making us feel like we were causing them trouble. Basic questions were confronted with sighs and blank stares, not a language issue as all the staff at the desk speaks English. When I queried why the in room wifi was not working I was confronted with a not my problem attitude, I do not feel I should need to cause a fuss to be provided with an advertised service.

We decided to dine in the BBQ restaurant and waited 30 minutes to be offered a drink, the staff seemed too busy to help tourists and were focusing all their energy on serving frequent visitors. The food was ok however my king prawns could not be viewed under a microscope, certainly frozen not fresh.

The only saving grace of this hotel is the transport manager who organised our travel arrangements was very pleasant and helpful, sadly it is a shame the rest of the hotel is full of snobbish staff.

• Stayed: February 2012
5  Thank Aroundtheworld198
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I went there with my wife and parents. It is located on a beautiful property, covered in amazing flowering trees and flowers. The pool is fabulous, one of the best I have been to in India. The rooms are nice, huge pillows, a million channels, and a nice bathtub with bubblebath.
The BBQ restaurant was great, especially the Bhopal specialty, charcoal smoked lamb. The breakfast had tons of tasty options, but make sure you request for filter coffee if you don't want nescafe.
The location is good as well, located in the quiet area of Bhopal, near the upper lake and the museums. One thing I highly recommend is the Bharat Bhavan cultural center. Only 1km from the hotel, this has an amazing collection of art. Tribal art, great photos, and a really cool mask exhibit. Plus, they have great performances of all forms (dance, singing, theater, etc) nightly/weekly. One of the highlight of my trip to Bhopal.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family