Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience Explore Hampi - Day Tours
from US$ 53.34
More Info
All reviews heritage tour village life bullock cart india guide knowledge
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 February 2016

One needs a minimum of 2 days to see the basic items.
First day--see the temple complex--such as the Virupaksha and Vithala temples. Second day, see the Royal Palace Complex.
A guide is essential to get the most out of your time. One of the best is Parashu Rama.His phone no. In India is+919449119485. Th othr guide who heped us with the referral is Mr. Pinjar Hussen, who may be reached by emailing guidehussen@gmail.com. And his phone is +919448719147
We had a car and stayed at the Royal Orchid Hotel in Hospet only half an hour from the ruins.
If you have even the slightest interest in the glorious empire that was Vijayanagara in the 1500s, do not miss it
Practicalities: go in December or January. Good walking shoes are a must. Take also, sunglasses, a hat, and lots of water. A good camera is a must. Binoculars optional.
In the evening , visit the Tungabhadra dam site to see a spectacular sunset over the Pampa reservoir, around 6:30 PM.check with the guide on the details.
Have fun

4  Thank Yatriguru
Reviewed 1 February 2016

We , the gang of three friends visited Hampi for short two nights trip. As we had limited time, we decided to take a guided tour to make the most from our trip. I went through the trip advisor s rating on all the various tours and picked up this. After my interaction with Arjun and his professional and prompt response on all my concerns and queries, we zeroed down to go with these guys. First day of our trip was exploring the ruins of Hampi with tonnes of information on history of this once glorious empire. It was a wonderful exhaustive day and we enjoyed it every second of it in spite of hot sun all along. The second day was exploring villages on the bikes, caves, paintings and coracle ride along with amazing picnic lunch on the rocks.

A few words about our lovely guide Basava - he is a true Hampi boy with his heart set in its surroundings. Basava knows the entire area like back of his hand and based on your capacity would get you to experience this place with good dose of adventure. We went though paddy fields and rocky hills exploring Hampi terrain. I loved the way he utilizes the local villagers for various activities. For an example , our coracle ride was by a local fisherman that had nice raw experience as compare to any commercially organized ride. We stopped for tea and jalebi shop run by a family in middle of a nice village . Our picnic lunch was home cooked local food by another villager, what more can one ask for. I think this is a win win situation where the villagers get to make a bit of money and we urban get to have an experience of a life time. He promised us yet a different experience on our next visit.

4  Thank mitBlr
Reviewed 31 January 2016

I have travelled so many places in India & abroad and I feel that there is no other place like India. One weekend I was looking for a short, sweet & pocket friendly place to visit near Hyderabad and after a long Google search I have decided to visit Hampi and Badami Caves. Hampi has managed to be one among the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. If you are yearning for a location where you can just chill, yet view a mixture of culture and fun, you should visit Hampi.

This trip was the most memorable and amazing trip of my life. I have get a luna(Two wheeler) on rent. I have never ride luna before in my life to Rome around the city which I have to push so many times on the hilly road of Hampi. We have started our Hampi tour from Virupaksha temple, the oldest temple in Hampi. Vijay vittala temple, Krishna temple, Badavi linga, Ugra Narsimha there are countless temples and monuments in Hampi and each one is telling a story of its own. A fun trip on coracle (a huge floating basket) at Tungabhadra River, A beautiful sunrise & an amazing sunset I have never seen before.

A heritage to be proud of, an outstanding 6th & 7th century heritage site and our glorious past HAMPI. This trip have change my life forever. Make me a traveler from tourist now I go to places for experience, not just to see stuff. To have fun and become a better traveler.

Date of experience: June 2015
1  Thank Mayuri123_nit
Reviewed 29 January 2016

My friend and I went on the Classical Heritage and Village Life Package, and I cannot begin to describe how amazing it was. Even before the tour, Lindin and Arjun were great about responding to emails and also helped us to book our bus tickets from Bangalore to Hampi (Lidin even met us at the bus station to make sure that we found the right bus). On the first day of the tour, our guide took us around to all of the main sites in Hampi and explained their historical and religious significance. The both of us were pretty exhausted from the overnight bus, but we loved the stunning views of the surrounding scenery and gorgeous temples, as well as the coconut water and lunch we received. The first tour guide was basically good, although he paled in comparison to our tour with Basava on the second day. Basava’s passion and kindness were clear throughout the tour, and you could easily see his love for Hampi and the surrounding villages and people. In just one amazing day, we drank chai with local villagers, rode in a boat with a local fisherman, got henna, rode through rice paddies in a yak cart, explored caves, rock climbed, and rode motorcycles, all while enjoying Basava’s storytelling and sense of humor. I would recommend this tour to anyone who wants to see beautiful historical sites but who is also willing to have a little adventure.

Reviewed 8 January 2016

Disclaimer: We booked Explore Hampi for 3 days. I'm giving 5 stars because it was truly an excellent trip my family will remember for a long time to come, but we did have some minor issues on our first day. Basava was busy that day, and sent a different guide - who was very nice, but had obviously not been briefed that the purpose of our trip was for my grandmother, and also clearly was not a regular part of Explore Hampi. Explore Hampi is young, but they will need to find more guides as good as Basava for consistent quality. The 5 stars, from my experience, are contingent on having Basava as a guide.

For the last 5 years I have been coming to Hampi at least once a year. Last year was my first time with Explore Hampi - which was excellent. Things haven't changed much, it is still excellent. I was even more impressed this time, because I was bringing along my grandmother who can't walk very far, and whose interests are different from the average tourist's. Basava was quick to understand the types of places she wanted to go, and took us to many nooks and crannies of Hampi I had never seen in any of my previous 4 visits. I will definitely be seeking Basava's help in discovering Hampi whenever I return from now on.

Date of experience: December 2015