beautiful site seeing
beautiful site seeing
Dharmasala - a place to relax, rejuvenate and give back to the community. We stayed here for 4 weeks in June at the Akash Hotel for 400 rupees per night. Across the road we had classes in meditation and pranayama breathing. Took an Indian cooking course with the fabulous ' Taste of India' restaurant. The highlight was the ayurvedic treatment I had with Dr Anish Bhatia of Kumars Ayurveda and Panchkarma Centre. He reversed my Diabetes type 2 (which my western Dr is thrilled about) Dr Bhatia offers preventative and curative treatments for a wide variety of conditions depending on your body constitution analysis. He supports this with dietary advise and a holistic approach. It was an amazing experience. While involved in the treatment, we gave back to the community by volunteering with English conversation classes with the Monks and Tibetan refugees and worked at the Indian Charity School - Gamru. Best coffee - First Cup. Friendliest staff - Carpe Diem. With amazing scenery and happy, beautiful people, this destination in India is a must see.
Me and my husband took a 2N/3D trip to Mcleodganj and had a great trip. A weekend is sufficient to cover the place (most of it)and relax. Here are a few tips:
1. Walk the town: You can cover the entire McLeodganj on foot in half a day with suffiecient time to see the places. Start from one end- the Tsuglagkhang Complex, and head to the Church via the prayer bells in the market center.
2. Enjoy the eateries: Get out of your hotel/guesthouse and enjoy the varied food joints. Check out Llahmo's cafe for breakfast, Jimmy's Italian for lunch and Capre Diem for dinner. You can even catch a movie in a small room under the Capre Diem if you like.
3. Trek to Triund: If you can't walk all the way up, take a cab till half ways and trek the remaining 7 km. At times its amazing to look back and front and not see a single soul except yourselves.
4. Do nothing or simply chat with strangers: Take a few moments off when you don't have a plan. Soak in the place. The eateries or trek to triund is where you feel meet fellow travellers. Exchange stories.
5. Norbulingka complex: Cab-it to the complex. Spend some quiet time in the sanctuary while listening to prayer chants. Join in if you want. Browse through Buddhist arts and check out the doll museum. Wrap it up with some hot honey ginger tea at the quaint cafe in the complex!
The Tibetian Head Quarter of Dalai Lama is a serene and very exciting place.Best time is November to february.The HPTDC ,Hotel Bhagsu in Mcleodgung is the best place to lodge in.The Dal Lake nearby is an exceleent sight seeing place during the day.One can easily trek to it.Hot steamed chicken Momo available is delicious.There are a lot of good bakerys.One can also visit the Kangra Valley nearby.The nearest airport is at Gaggal from where one can go to Jammu or Delhi.
Dharamsala is a popular tourist destination in Himachal Pradesh.
It is a popular tourist place as it has something for everyone. Nature has bestowed its kindness in all its grandeure. It has snow capped mountains, flowing river places full of natural beauty.
His Holiness Dalai Lama is staying in Dharamsala along with thousands of his supporters.
Places of interest include the Norbulingka an institute of the Tibeties which works towards rehabilitation of Tibeti refugees as also presrving Tibeti art & culture. This is place whihc is run & managed by the Tibeties. Young Tibeti boys & girls are taught to conserve Tibeti art , ctaft & culture. Tourists can vist this institutre to see the Tibetis working on the art & craft. Tourist can also buy some of the artefacts if they so desire.
The market has many small dhabas & restaurants whihc serve tasty north indian delicacies like chhole bhature, golgappa, aalu chaat etc.
all in all a beautiful place worth visiting at least once.