“Had high hopes, was disappointed”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Good Taste Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #104 of 178 Restaurants in Randburg
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese
Reviewed 20 March 2016

I've parked in front of Good Taste now for a long time, and thought it was about time we gave it a try. VERY disappointed. I ordered a number of things from their menu - all as takeaway. We tried a few different sushi items and they were actually more tasty than the regular menu items. If we would go back for anything, it would be to try more sushi. We also tried a chicken chow mein (only so-so), and we tried a cashew beef (also so-so). The servers were friendly and helpful, but that's the best thing I can say.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

Whilst it was bad enough that out of a party of 5, only 4 people received their orders, the real kicker was in the horrible, shouting little man who has practically no command of English, but just enough to bark and shout at servers and customers alike. What a dump.

1  Thank 453melts
Reviewed 29 December 2014

This is a well priced reastaurant that is conveniently located at this small shopping centre in Randburg. I like the convenience of placing my Chinese take away while I can get on with my shopping, and collect my order on my way out. The food is freshly prepared, and they have a decent selection of wines. They run half price Monday sushi specials which exclude sashimi and platters. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are eat as much as you like days. They charge R5 more for noodles. Its a great place for good Chinese food anyday.

Date of visit: December 2014
1  Thank SwaziQueen
Reviewed 25 November 2014

We have eaten there so often, which must say something about the place. I started going before they had a liquor license and I have never had a bad meal there. The cost is not bad, but when we go we get the Sushi platters which work out very very reasonable. In fact I don’t know of a cheaper sushi place. – The Chinese is also superb. Have been there about 25 times and definitely going back. The only down side is that there are very few people at tables, most of their business is take away. ( always people hanging around….. not the best atmosphere.) This does not affect us as we are always in a group. There is also extra parking at the back. If you like sushi and Chinese then this is a must.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is a Chinese Restaurant and Sushi Bar providing both sit-down and take-away options. We have often bought take-away meals and always found the quality of the food excellent.

We recently had one of their set menus for two as a sit-down meal. This consisted of soup, spring rolls, two mains with rice, bow ties and Chinese tea. The food quality and service was excellent and the total cost excluding drinks was only R160 for two people, that is excellent value for money.

We will definitely visit again.

Date of visit: May 2014