The mountain lodge is a great place to chill out and relax. The staff are all very friendly and helpful.The food is good and varied. As mentioned earlier, the walls are quite thin and it is definitely not a place for light sleepers. There really should be a mention when booking that because the lodge is within the national park, there is an extra daily charge for each adult and vehicle . There is a very very rude KWS guard who wouldn't let us in for a long time because we dared to get lost in a foreign country and come in late. So if you must go out, get a local line and a number so you can call the lodge to let you in just in case you're late. Otherwise a pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at 2,194 metres on the slopes of Mount Kenya, Serena Mountain Lodge is surrounded by a dense rainforest that comes alive at dusk with a myriad of sounds that make the African bush so special and exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Jovago.com so you can book your Serena Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serena Mountain Hotel Mount Kenya National Park
- Serena Mountain Lodge Kenya/Mount Kenya National Park