See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 August 2013

i dont understand the bad review,we paid total of 31 + tax for room that had been remodeled with lcd tv.the room size is average but for what you are paying it is good deal for money.i have attached pictures of the room i was in.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank gurmail2300900
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Room was more then listed on sign out from. Have to deal thru a dirty drive-up window that is walk-up not drive-up. If you are a sardine, you'll love the room, not enough room to change your mind in. NO towels, NO cup to get a drink of water with. One small ( I mean TINY, waste basket, 2 soda cans fulled it ). garbage on balcony on way to room. Airconditioner that could not keep room cool as there was also heat coming out of room heating system. sweated all night long, sheet soaked in morning. we got out of Dodge 4 hourd before we intended to just to cool off in our vehicle. DON"T stay here if all possible!!!!!

Room tip: It's said you get what you pay for, we learned the hard way
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jckellysr
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My wife went in to check on prices. I stayed out with our 2 cats waiting. (Yes, we keep them out in the car, they do better there than inside). She asked my wife about pets & upon hearing yes she told my wife we couldn't have a room and park there with our cats; to which my wife replied,"you think you have that option"? "The witch" then replied "yea, I do." My wife said, okay. After that we wouldn't have stayed if you paid us. Very few people act this way we have ever come in contact with, that are so arrogant they think they have control over what is in your car as well. Sheer arrogance!!!!!!

SO, Beware of the "Country Host Inn" in Texarkana, Arkansas. You are entering the twilight zone!! And the witch is at the entrance to the gate!!!!! Can anyone say Norman Bates???

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ClayM779
Reviewed 15 November 2011

It seemed ok when we first walked in, but we must have just been REALLY tired. The room was tiny and reeked of urine, the walls were dingy, the bathroom floor was slimy/slippery, the towels were barbie-sized and threadbare, the shower door wouldn't shut so the water leaked everywhere, etc. Pay a few dollars extra to stay somewhere else. If not, don't say I didn't warn you.

Date of stay: November 2011
Reviewed 31 January 2011

We arriveTd at 1 am after a 13 hour drive. Thankfully the sheets looked clean, but that was the only good thing about this stay. The linoleum was peeled off around the bathroom toilet stool. The soap dish in the shower was broken off. If I had been more than 5'6", I couldn't have washed my hair. The walls were dingy. There were no hangers. After my shower, I walked across the floor with damp bare feet and my feet got dirty, so the carpeting is not clean. I set my alarm for 9:45 so that we could get out of here by checkout. The housekeeper pounded on our door at 9:00 asking if we were leaving at 11:00. There is more, but this gives an idea of this nasty place. Don't even consider staying here if you want a good night's sleep.

Date of stay: January 2011