All reviews fire pit basketball court putting green front desk comforts of home living room the entire hotel waffles in town indoor pool the general manager two nights would stay here again another guest visiting family home away from home we've stayed
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I had a nice stay here. the room was nice and clean and breakfast was good.

A couple reasons I won't give 5 stars:
- platinums usually receive complimentary upgrades, and they gave me a handicap enabled room on the 1st floor next to the elevator. Which may be the worst room in the entire hotel.
- My boss left his room for breakfast and was then locked out of his room for hours (he had his key). They couldn't get his door open and he almost missed our meeting. As far as I know they didn't give him any points for his inconvenience. I have received 5K points for much less than that!

Room tip: speak up when checking in to get the room you want.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I had to make my way to Fayetteville, AR, from OKC and this property was on HWY 412 about 5 miles away from my destination. I've always never cared where I stayed, although this time I decided to go with Residence Inn because when I called the general manager Katrina(spelling?) picked up the phone; I asked her about the property and location and she spent a few minutes talking to me and I was sold because she didn't rush me and it was refreshing to not hear a call center and the phone picked right away, not only that, it was the GM!
I walked in on Saturday hoping to see her, but I guess she had the day off. I did get greeted right away by the gentleman at the first desk. His name was Juan and told me he would be with me in a second as he's checking in another guest. A minute or two goes by while I admire the property as she said it was about 15 years old, but I could definitely tell that it has been recently renovated and been well taken care of.
Afterwards I got to check-in (went smoothly) and got to my room- the place is awesome!!! It is like a studio apartment with more than enough room for 2-3 people and I was by myself, even better! The fridge, the stove, and even the tiny little dish soap were interesting extras - it's like my eyes have been opened to Residence Inns or maybe I'm easily pleased. I was thinking, should I just hang out here or go hang out with my significant other. Haha. Anyhow, the space was awesome, the temp goes down to 55 if I remember correctly. I was tempted to turn it all the way down, but didn't want to freeze myself out and miss breakfast in the morning because I was too cold to crawl out of bed. And speaking of the bed, it was definitely better than the other hotel beds I've slept on.
Last, breakfast was great!! It was a little busier than I expected even at 830 on a Sunday morning as I figured people would be sleeping in. It's a hearty breakfast with a good amount of options and I didn't leave hungry or unsatisfied that's for sure. I checked out with Candice and she was very pleasant as we talked for a couple minutes as I told her I was considering moving to the area. Got some good intel, but she had to assist another customer so we ended it at that.
Overall ***** 5 stars because the property looked great and everyone was friendly!! Katrina, I hope you read this and I just wanted to say I enjoyed the stay at your hotel and thank you for your hospitality!!

-AS in room 118

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Leavin_on_a_prayer
ResidenceInn1740, General Manager at Residence Inn Springdale, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Leavin_on_a_prayer
On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at Residence Inn Springdale.
Please note your feedback has been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver great experiences. Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Springdale and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to NWA.
Safe Travels
Katrina R.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

The location is convenient, just off of IH 49 and 412. Minutes from Fayetteville and many restaurants and shopping areas close by. Check in was quick, only one person on duty at the time but he was friendly and got us checked in quickly. The room was somewhat dated but overall adequate for our needs. It could have been cleaner, as I saw dust hanging from the walls near the bed and the carpet was in need of replacing as it was starting to come apart near the bathroom. It appears to be an older property but still in decent shape. Has a small, indoor pool. Although in need of updating, I would stay there again as the price was affordable, the staff was nice and was centrally located for what I needed to do. It may be an oversight on my part, but when I asked about applying the stay to Marriott Rewards, the person checking me in said the stay didn't qualify for points, because I booked from an outside source and not directly through Marriott. I wasn't aware of that being the case and when I was checking out, a different agent told me, I can't help you with that, Marriott Rewards handle those types of things. He was nice enough to give me an 800 number to Marriott. Like other Marriott Residence Inn Hotels, Breakfast was provided both days of our stay, however traveling with a small child, we didn't make it either day.But it is available.

Room tip: I had room 116 on the first floor. Close to ice machine and somewhat close to the front desk.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

thomaswM7755ZI
I want to thank you for your very honest feedback of our hotel. We also are very thankful for your continued support over the years. We are very excited about the impending renovations that will begin in the fall. We hope you and your family will join us to see all the new updates that will be made to our fine hotel. . Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Springdale and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to NWA.
Safe Travels
Katrina R.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a three day weekend. The room was cute, clean, very comfortable, and the kitchen was so cozy. It was great to put our drinks and foods in a nice fridge, make a full pot of coffee, and relax in our own space. The breakfast was well stocked and had plenty for all tastes. The manager impressed my husband when she got us some ice for our ice chest on this very hot weekend. We will definitely return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2018

We've been staying at this hotel when visiting family in Springdale/Fayetteville for over 10 years. We've had lots of interesting experiences, but on this last trip we had the worst experience yet. One of the things we look for when we travel anywhere is a pool and jacuzzi, which this hotel has and has and we've always been happy with. When we checked in we noticed the sign that said the jacuzzi was out of order. We asked the front desk clerk and she said it had been down a "minute" and they were looking into it RIGHT NOW. We were like great, maybe it'll get fixed and everything will be grand! After a little discussion back and fourth, she told us it had been out for a few days and she really didn't know any more about it. This was where we made our mistake. We shrugged our shoulders and went to our room. Right away we started discussing finding another place who had a working jacuzzi and got busy trying to do just that. We've stayed at 3 other properties in the area, so we had a good starting place at least. After a little while, we were able to find another property that could meet our needs who had a working jacuzzi. We called to the front desk and let them know we'd be checking out and why. My husband has a bad shoulder and enjoys the relief the jacuzzi gives him even at home in our jetted tub. Nobody seemed to care that we were leaving at the front desk, so we loaded our stuff back up and went on our merry way. The whole experience was just disappointing, but that's not the end of it. The property is really showing it's age and is getting a little run down. I know that's to be expected and you get what you pay for. The rates here are reasonable and I'm sure updates would cause a price increase. While it's not the Christmas season, when we are in town for Christmas we always do enjoy the atmosphere the fireplace gives. Just out of curiosity, I checked the fireplace. It didn't work. Also there were covers over the arm of the easy chair in the living room. The covers also covered the lever to recline the back of the chair which was a little inconvenient. I looked under the cover and the chair was very well worn underneath. Look - the hotel is still pretty nice and although there likely won't be as many trips to the area for us (we were there this time to attend and immediate family member's funeral.), I absolutely believe we'd attempt to stay here again - but might not be surprised if we called first and SOMETHING was wrong (when I was seven months pregnant the elevator was down and we were on the 3rd floor). One more disappointment was that when we travel, we TRY to stay at Marriott properties. One of the properties we used to stay at sometimes has changed ownership and is no longer a Marriott property, and since we decided to change hotels this time - and not to a Marriott property, we missed out on our points. It could have eased the pain a little if they seemed to care, but they didn't. Marriott is still our #1, and we're hopeful they stay that way. I think this particular hotel staff though, could absolutely use some customer service training right away.

Date of stay: May 2018
Joseph M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Springdale, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Bonnie,

I want to thank you for your very honest feedback of our hotel. We also are very thankful for your continued support over the years. We have since gotten the hot tub fixed and are very excited about the impending renovations that will begin in the fall. We hope you and your family will join us to see all the new updates that will be made to our fine hotel. Thank you again for all your feedback and numerous visits. We look forward to serving your family next time your travels bring you back to Springdale.