All reviewshot waterwadi rumsimple hotelgreat base for exploringfalafelpublic buspacked lunchmin walkrooms are basicdrinking teasingle roomjett busa wonderful stayrooftop terracetaxi rideafter a long daybreakfast and dinner
Reviewed 9 July 2016

The hostel is well located (5 mins drive (10-15 mins walk) to the actual Petra gate). Very close to money exchange, several supermarkets and restaurants. This made our stay very convenient! We didn't actually park there, Parked the rental car right in front theres space due to low tourist season (summer) but theres also a parking lot provided 2 mins away. Simple breakfast is served for an extra cost.

My definite highlight was the staff! Najeeb and Nasar were very funny, friendly and knowledgable. They helped us with our luggage, our rental car when someone scratched it, and gave us tips throughout our stay (best place to view the sunset, dealt with booking last minute tours and how to get to the nearest gas station).

We booked dorm beds but were given a double bedroom instead. I was initially excited but the room was small (no room to comfortably open our large luggages so we kind of had to jump around). There was hot water and the water pressure was good. Would have liked if there were hooks for towels and clothes though.

Room Tip: Always check the room first before checking in
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank DtheTraveller
Reviewed 18 June 2016

I paid the same amount if not more for this room as my hotel in Amman, yes I know there is less competition here but the difference was shocking. Very basic with dirty bathroom, dodgy electrical fittings and a rather unpleasant smell throughout the hotel. The staff were friendly and accommodating but that was the only good thing.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Imogen C
Reviewed 15 June 2016

The room was very basic, but for the price, it is reasonable for having a double room, and not share with 7 others. Shower/washroom is relatively clean, most importantly was hot water. My only complaint is that wifi is not that great (barely any signal in the room), and there was only one plug near the door and no breakfast was included (for the price, it's not too bad, more of a convenience and social factor to meet others in the hostel)
The service was good, however, as they gave us an extension cord and bar so that we could rest it on a little table. It was very difficult to charge things as the plugs were all wobbly and I blew a fuse trying to dry my hair and charge my phone. They tried to fix it for us right away, but it definitely felt like a "no frills" stay.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank TorontoTravelBugz
Reviewed 27 May 2016

Clean hostel with friendly, knowledgable staff. Our room was basic with fresh sheets, and a working shower and toilet. Exactly what we wanted and paid for. Quality breakfast provided. Just a word of warning - whilst the hostel is technically within walking distance of the Petra site, it is actually quite far. And there is a lot of walking when you get there so I would strongly suggest getting a taxi from the hostel. But would absolutely recommend this hostel and could happily stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

great thanks to Nasser who coordinated all aspects of our recent trip to Jordan. He arranged transport from the border to Petra and prebooked tickets to Petra by night, Petra kitchen, a tour guide for Petra, a Turkish bath, transport Jeep tour and overnight at a Bedouin camp and a final day snorkeling in Aqaba. would have been difficult and far more expensive to try to do on our own.
Go to Jordan!! it's safe, you'll experience outstanding hospitality and make unforgettable memories.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple