3,767 results
All reviews movenpick ice cream roof garden junior suite buffet restaurant perfect location rooftop bar main restaurant steam room beautiful hotel mini bar dead sea common areas closest hotel after a long day main entrance long walk breakfast and dinner
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the Movenpick. I stayed there for 2 nights in a junior suite, with a view of the pool. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby. The mini bar collection was very limited (2 sodas, 2 bottles of juice, 2 portions of milk, and a bag of chips) and was complimentary. I highly appreciated the Nespresso machine, after a long day of walking in Petra. The bathroom is small for a 5 star junior suite room, and the bathtub is quite high. However, there was enough space for 2 people to put their toiletries near the sink. I especially liked the complimentary toiletries and the towels smelled nice.
I ordered dinner to the room once: a collection of mezze and a season salad. I recommend the plate of mezze as it is a little bit of everything (1 portion of tabbouleh, fattoush, hummus, moutabbal, meat pie, cheese pie, and spinach pie).
Their breakfast buffet is varied. There is a station for eggs, their waffles are good, and the bread is delicious. I tried the plain croissant, but I didn't find it as fresh as I hoped it would be.
The location of the hotel is superb! After a long hike in Petra, it's quite relieving to see your hotel only few steps away from the entrance.
The staff (receptionist, at the restaurant, room service) was all friendly and welcoming. When I visit Petra again, I'll definitely stay at the Movenpick.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
rania b, Manager at Movenpick Resort Petra, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear ImanLily,

I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope we remain your favorite resort in the area and we will be happy to welcome you back.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself is fine. But we ate in the bar and waited ages for meza. You don't get much of a response and it all feels a bit like you are a nuisance for ordering. Rooms at the back have balconies with a view of a wall. We were too tired to be bothered by that but if you might be get a room on the front.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sparehead3

Dear sparehead3,

I really appreciate that you took the time writing your review and sharing your experience. While I see that you liked the resort in general, your comment about service delivery really concerns me and you can be assured that we will review our service sequence to provide efficient service to our guests.

I really hope you will reconsider visiting us again for a better stay next time.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Title says it all! Opposite the entrance to the Petra site.
Staff were welcoming and friendly upon our arrival with two young children.
Service was ok , breakfast average, rooms a bit tired, AC did not work in our room.
The hotel looked a lot better than some of the others we saw in. Wadi Musa. Not the cheapest as your paying for the location.

Stayed: April 2018
3  Thank Russ A

Dear Russ,

Guest feedback is very valuable in maintaining our service standards and I would like to thank you for sharing your review with us. Rest assured that our Engineering team will continuously work on room repair and maintenance in order to deliver the quality our guests is expecting from us. Your comment about breakfast is also well-noted and our F&B Director, together with our Executive Chef, will definitely look into this area.

We hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back again at Movenpick Resort Petra.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and were glad we did just because of the location itself, the main attraction in Petra is a few steps away.

Positives:

-room was clean
-no smoking floor was smoke free
-we were able to check in at 1pm
-breakfast spread was nice
-ice cream at the movenpick cafe was very good
-I will mention location again

Cons:
-dated rooms, need an upgrade sooner than later
-major drainage issue in the showers
-staff needs training, very inconsistent service, person who checked us in was great, however, concierge refused to help especially when we asked him to help us make a reservation at a local restaurant
-I requested for an adapter (my fault for not bringing my own) twice, once in person but eventually gave up when I didn’t hear back from front desk or guest services

I would stay here again just for the location but highly recommend the management to invest in upgrading the place and staff training. This hotel has a lot of potential!

We had a great time in Jordan overall.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank omeriq
rania b, Manager at Movenpick Resort Petra, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear omeriq,

I really appreciate that you took the time sharing your review here in the TripAdvisor community and I am definite that it will be insightful for other travels. I am also glad to read that you enjoyed your overall time in our resort.

While you had an overall great time, I very much appreciate as well that you shared your constructive feedback and pointed out the areas that we can further improve. Your comments are well-noted and you can be assured that concerned department heads and the whole team are on top of the corrective measures as we move forward.

I really hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back again. The team and I will really appreciate another opportunity to serve you better.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2018

You don't go to Petra for the hotel. This hotel is comfortable, rooms slightly dated, nice design features in the atrium, ok restaurant, normal hit and mostly miss Jordanian service. So what's to like? The location, right opposite the entrance to the Petra site. We clocked up over12 strenuous miles in the hot sun on both days. When you leave the monument area, you don't want to keep walking to your hotel.
By the way, if you ask for a recommendation on a local restaurant, the staff send you to The Red Cave. I think this is their private joke or possibly punishment for not using the hotel restaurants. You have been warned.

Room Tip: Rooms facing onto the central atrium will be noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ranger12017

Dear ranger12017,

It is good to know that you liked our location and hopefully found it very convenient during your visit to the Treasury. I also appreciate that you shared your constructive feedback about some areas we can further improve and you can be assured that the concerned department heads will be looking into these areas. Our team will also be briefed about product knowledge to make guest engagement and interaction better.

We hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again at Movenpick Resort Petra.