All reviews swimming pool lobby area min walk rooms are large petra by night dinner buffet after a long day turkish bath supermarket enterance
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Very friendly staff, very close to the entrance, but the hotel needs maintainance, it's old and it don't feel clean. For a night before going to do sightseeing fine, but not for a stay for days. The breakfast was just ok...

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2018

I stayed in this hotel as part of a tour package I had booked so hadnt chose it myself. I didnt really enjoy my stay here and wouldnt choose to stay again, however the friends that I went with were quite happy with it. I guess you get what you pay for.
It is very close to the Petra world heritage site, 5min walk, which is ideal. It is also next to some great restaurants and shops, so the perfect location for us.
The actual room wasnt ideal though. No WiFi in the room, only in the lobby, however it was really temperamental. The room was very dated and dusty. The plug sockets were falling off, and my plug adaptor didn't fit into the socket despite it being the correct kind. Reception staff were very helpful though and they gave me an adaptor to use for my stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2018

We spent 2 nights in 2 room ( that were actually 4 rooms ).
The main issue with this hotel is that it is not a clean one and maintenance is very poor.
The first 2 rooms were cold at night , the A/C knob was missing, bulb lights were burnt and shower was dirty.
We switched rooms to a lower floor for the next night, and the rooms condition was the same.
Water in the showers run Thinly, towels are smelly.
All around the hotel there are stains: on walls, doors,carpets, chairs.
At the Dinning room it is the same, tablecloth is dirty, cups are broken and not clean, there are stains on serving utensils and the staff would do nothing but the minimum.
The only positive thing to be said about this hotel is it's location- 500m' from the entrance to the park.
I definitely believe that this hotel is worth no more than 1 star, so if you're looking for that range and the price is good for that, than you're OK.
Don't expect for more than the minimum.

Room Tip: Don't take rooms in the upper floor, it is cold . Ask to see the room before you book if you have the ability ( on site ).
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank fuf b
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Position is fantastic so close the archeological site entrance ; rooms were large and very clean . Breakfast very basic but ok , Wi-Fi is only at the reception . No noise and we slept so well After one day walking , I would come back

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Booked at Petra Palace Hotel 8th March. Upon arrival there was a middle aged lady in the reception and from the beginning she was extremely rude. I showed her the booking number on my phone, but she grabbed it out of my hand and then threw it down on the table when she had found it. I told her I was not happy with that and she started shouting so I asked to talk to the manager. Then she shouted: “The manager is in hell!”
This is no way to treat a customer.
The hotel’s Turkish bath was supposed to be open but was closed. Breakfast was poor and though there was supposed to be air conditioning in the room, I was told it was shut off in the whole hotel. Obviously saving money though it was quite warm this day. Only one out of two lifts was working, the other one stuck on the 4th floor. There was no working socket working, so a repaireman was sent to fix it. That took almost half an hour.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo