“Great meal, good value”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Service was excellent and the meals were lovely - nice friendly atmosphere - would definitely go there again

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Having visited the Parrot may times when it was under the previous management, On this visit the staff were friendly and welcoming, the menu had been given a modern twist which made looking at the choices over complicated,
There was a selection of various food to suit all palates but there was nothing specifically which jumped out at me, I asked about the Sunday Roast but was slightly disappointed to learn there was only beef on offer, a 2nd choice maybe a suggestion.
It was a nice meal with friends &friends

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Having spent a very wet Saturday out and about we arrived at a very busy Parrot and Punchbowl at around 8.00pm (it is worth mentioning that food service stops at 8.30),while we could not be accommodated in the dining area we were shown to a most acceptable table in the bar.

Service was swift and more than acceptable, the food was great - rib eye steak and baked cod (with the skin removed to my wife's delight), the only point of note would be that the watercress served with the steak was slightly past its best.

£50.00 all in for mains a drinks was not over priced.

A great village local with great food, well worth a visit

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited specifically for Sunday roast which was fabulous: 2 slices of perfectly cooked beef sirloin, served on top of cubed roast carrots, swede and parsnip, with a Yorkshire Pudding, green beans, roast potatoes, surrounded with delicious gravy (really would have loved a third slice of beef!). Desserts were fantastic too - we could not fault the food.

We would have given 5 stars, had the service been better. The bar service was very good - it was extremely busy and the guy serving did a very good job of managing it. However, the young waiting staff were not as efficient. They were friendly and cheerful, but inattentive and forgetful. Even in busy periods, regular communication and attention are imperative, and sadly these were lacking.

Two things worth mentioning:
1. if you visit at very busy times and are sat near the bar area, the noise can be overwhelming, so if you're sensitive to noise, request a quieter table - if indeed there are any!
2. If visiting specifically for the roast, be aware that beef sirloin is the only option.

And lastly, I loved the retro toilets which took me right back to my teenage pubbing days (not sure if they are intentionally untouched but I loved them!!).

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service was excellent and everyone we spoke to was very friendly and helpful but in my opinion the chef needs to keep the menu a little less pretentious.
My wife had Chicken Wings which were very nice, I had Fishcake which came with a boiled Egg on top, all covered in Parsley sauce. I can't think why the Egg was on it as it just didn't work together with the sauce, or the Fishcake.
It was all cooked fine, but my meal and some other menu choices left me feeling that 'less would be more'.

1  Thank julieandphil2014