All reviewsgolf clubperfect place to relaxbelgian grand prixrestaurantspadecorationbuilding
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We were among friends on a Saturday evening and we immensely enjoyed the 5 course suggestion.
It was an excellent dinner as well as refined. The service was very efficient and able to respond to all our demands.
Definitely a suggestion if you are in the area for a good business lunch or an enjoyable evening.
If you get a chance, try also the 18 hole golf course which is a treat.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

You arrive on a Monday night, 7.30 pm. The reception is abandonned. You ring the gong twice. Nobody turns up. I go to the toilet and by the time I'm back, I notice someone in a back room. After a minute or two I'm finally being checked in.
I go to the restaurant at 8.15 pm. There are two other parties having dinner. I'm the third one. I was told there is only 1 fixed menu as it is Monday night. Luckily I like fish - nothing else on the menu. The foie gras is luke warm with a cold side salad and dressing. Odd. The fish is slightly undercooked - the linguine portion is so small I can hardly see it. Luckily there is a full bread basket. The desert (a fridge-cold chocolate tart) is below par.
Then I go to the bar. Very friendly and they allow me to have the wine by the glass from the restaurant. Promising! But when I ask for a second glass at 10.10 pm, I'm told in no uncertain terms that it will be my last glass as it is not profitable to keep the bar open. Again, when I walked in at 9.30 there were 2 other tables, at 10.10 I was the only one in the bar - but waiting for 2 late arriving colleagues. They will have to drink water from the minibar (nothing else in there!). If it was a monastery, I could understand...but a golf club, restaurant and wellness centre ?
I'm not sure I felt very well tonight.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
JDanthinne_Naxhelet, Hotel Manager at Naxhelet Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback !

I am totally surprised with your comments and I really do apologize if you did not feel welcomed ! It is indeed our first priority to make your stay memorable upon check in !

Our Bar is every day open until 11 PM. I am therefore checking this immediately this the responsible waiter. Please also note that we have a Honesty Bar open 24/24 where you can find a selection of beverages including local beer and wines. You should obviously have been informed.

As far as the quality/quantity of our menu is concerned I really regret that it did not satisfy you. Our Chef receives your notes as well.

We really hope to welcome you again to Naxhelet.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Lovely hotel, beautiful decor and very peaceful. We were here to attend the Belgian Grand Prix and this hotel is about a hours drive from the circuit, thoroughly recommended as a peaceful base. We stayed in a premium room. Lovely large sized Scandinavian style rooms, the shower was wonderful and the bed was big and very comfortable. It would be nice to have breakfast included in the room rate however that is the only negative (not actually even negative) comment about this hotel. The staff were very friendly and attentive. Would recommend this hotel and probably be back again for next years Grand Prix.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
JDanthinne_Naxhelet, Hotel Manager at Naxhelet Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comment !

We are very glad that you enjoyed your peaceful stay with us as well as your large confortable Premium rooms. As you said we are located just 55 minutes from the F1 track, less than an hour to relax in our wellness or on our natural terraces.

Please do not hesitate to contact us next time in order to discover our special rates (including breakfast!) even on busiest weekends.

We are looking forward to welcoming you next year !

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

We came here for 1 night to use the hotel facilities and the wellness center. The entrance is amazing very clean And tidy. Great design and decoration, the rooms are spacious and beds very comfy. We used the pool, sauna, ... and had treatments. We booked everything in advance even the dinner at the restaurant. It gets very busy at night. They do a 3 courses menu. Delicious all the way.

Few things: the staff at the reception was not super friendly but ok. It was our first visit and he didn't or hardly explained anything about the hotel or where to find the bar, spa, rooms ...

For dinner we booked for 8pm and finished after 23:00 ... casual nice evening but long ... just so you know in advance.
The bar is great and the outside terrace. The Italian waiter was the best very friendly !! The pool area is great with long chair and you can use robes and slippers from your room or they have lockers. Not much is explained about the facilities when you first arrive but it s easy to understand or make sure you ask! Treatments were very good.

Our stay was amazing ... I will defo go back in the summer to experience the surroundings and outside lunch/dinner.

The hotel is gorgeous. It's quiet and peaceful. A perfect place to relax

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Melchior O
JDanthinne_Naxhelet, Hotel Manager at Naxhelet Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your remarks.

Your satisfaction for your room and our services is highly appreciated.

As far as the length of your dinner as well as the attitude of the reception staff are concerned, I will personally inform the entire teams to make sure it is considered and improved in the very near future. Please be assured that we are working every day to create a 100% memorable stay.

We really hope to welcome you again in Naxhelet!

Reviewed 31 December 2016

Hotel accommodation extremely comfortable for a longish stay (5 days). Modern, quiet, but out of town. Good bar food. Charging point, but not to standard 240V supply;I could not recharge my "Ampera". The Golf Club could improve on that. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business