14,533 results
All reviews preferred club carnival buffet bluewater grill entertainment team big daddy antonio banderas preferred status preferred pools preferred area spice restaurant moments bar preferred room chef manuel punta cana tropical view bruno mars scooby doo
Reviewed 1 October 2016

So many areas for Members or Preferred Customers are off limits, this makes you feel like you are not as welcome as they are. The week-ends become very crowded with many extra local people, so not a quiet, special resort.
Do not pay extra online to upgrade your room, you will be very disappointed, we paid for the Deluxe Partial Ocean View, this is very limited due to the Palm Trees and large roof on the Beach Bar, not at all worth the extra money.
Watch out for the Time Share people, try to avoid them, unless you want the perks in exchange for your precious vacation time.
Beach was nice, entertainment was ok.
The food varies, Buffet is ok for lunch and breakfast, but not good for Dinner.
Other restaurants mostly good. The bed was comfortable, but pillows need to be replaced. The furniture is modest and showing wear. The bathroom felt not as clean as it should, the frosted glass and anything chrome was either dirty or worn hard to tell. The mirror over the desk is high up and useless as an extra space as the bathroom only has one sink so it would make a good area vanity for hair and make-up, an easy fix, if they would lower it by 2 feet.
The AC worked well, there is no robe or slippers, or clock in the room.
They provide shampoo, shower gel, and soap, but No Conditioner, so ladies don't forget your conditioner, you will be sorry if you have to buy it here. If you like wine, you will have to pay for anything decent, the included wine is terrible.
It took us 1.5 hours to leave the airport, very frustrating.
Overall, we are a couple in our 50's celebrating our Wedding Anniversary, we should have spent a bit more money to be in a 5 star, live and learn.

Room tip: Don't upgrade till you see what you are paying for
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Wondefull experience , thank you to Darling (such sweetheart ) and his team always available , also the kids club girls who take good care of our daughter ( Brianna) , specially Blue , thinker bell , butterfly , Winnie the Pooh ect... They are professional n very friendly always smiling .
The room was clean , we was staying in the preferred club witch have more advantage . The housekeeper do a great job , the room was clean and done on time thanks you for making it everyday.
The service in the restaurant was good , thank you to chef Manuel for making us a great diner on our last night.
Thanks you to the staff at the castaway restaurant ( Jose Manuel , Jonathan , Santa , minguelina ...) always at our service , thank to our favorite waiter at the carnival restaurant Elisée ( very nice and professional ).
But the most fun and unforgettable time we share was with the entertainment team we love you guys ( goofy , spaghetti, maximiliano , dj marco, Rihanna , shaggy, g blue Charlie ( very fun guy) omg I don't remember the name of the rest of the crew . I want to give them a big applause because you guy do a great job n we enjoy every show , game with
Y'all thank you again and hope next trip to now larimar we can enjoy ourselves like the first time.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

We have enjoyed much this hotel has had to offer.mostly friendly and welcoming staff reasonable facilities good food etc.
However one member of staff working on guest reception last night spoiled what had up to now been an overall satisfactory holiday.
A lady called Wanda for the second time in two weeks was rude dismissive and outright discourteous to us for a second time. The cold Fish didn't ask details of room numbers and waved us into the main seating area where upon her attitude to us felt like we had been spat on.
I hasten to add that having paid a substantial upgrade fee to "preferred club" most of the other staff are warm and welcoming. The hotel is a 4 star in my opinion and not a 5 star.
Don't book trips with your travel company a desk at back of main reception offers same trips at least 10 percent cheaper.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank lifeabroad6969
Reviewed 1 October 2016

We visited the Now Larimar resort for the second time 9/18-9/25. It was better because we knew where everything was from our 2015 visit. Everything from staff to food to room was excellent. We had a preferred tropical view room which faced outside toward the property next door. Lesser view but it allowed for more privacy. We managed to avoid the Unlimited Vacation people; maybe because we skipped the orientation( because we went last year) or maybe because we stayed out of the main lobby area. The buffet was so good we only ate at one specialty restaurant, the Bluewater Grill. Ribeye steaks were great. Too many friendly, courteous staff to name them all. But we do have to mention our maid, Juana. We left her a tip and when we returned to the room it was still there. She didn't know it was hers and didn't want to assume it wasn't left by mistake. We gave it to her the next day along with that day's tip. I commend her integrity. We are definitely planning to return to the Now again, next year. This is only the second time in 13 years we have gone to the same resort 2 years in a row; looking forward to 3 years in a row next year.

Room tip: Preferred was worth it for us.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jicki14
Reviewed 30 September 2016

I visited Now Larimar 9-18 through 9-22, this was my first trip to DR and I had a wonderful time. My only complaint was the wait to check in. My room took a little longer than I would have like to be ready BUT they did upgrade me to preferred level for my inconvenience. Other than that everything was great. From the moment I arrived all the staff were super friendly and provided top level service. Jerameel made sure my Mimosa cup was full at all time and was there to get my anything I needed the whole trip. Once I got to my room they had Happy Birthday Banner on the door and balloons on the inside. They brought me a cake and bottle of champagne on my bday. The spa is excellent as well and the staff also is great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to DR. It is very well maintained the food is great and again the staff are amazing.

Room tip: if wanting ocean view or partial get a building closest to beach area
  • Trip type: Travelled solo