14,136 results
All reviewspreferred clubcarnival buffetbluewater grillentertainment teampreferred poolbig daddyantonio banderaspreferred statusmoments barpreferred areaspice restaurantpreferred roompunta canatropical viewbruno marsscooby doofire show
Reviewed 20 September 2014

Just returned for a mother-daughter vacation from Punta Cana. We stayed at Now Larimar and it was AMAZING. We did not want to come back! The resort is beautiful and the staff is so friendly and works so hard to make every guest feel like home. Staff even greets you with "Welcome Home" and I have to say that sure enough we did feel like home. Everything was picture perfect. From perfectly manicured lawns and plants, to the room, to the pools, to the great food, and great entertainment. We cannot wait to go back. We loved the Capers restaurant and the staff there was really great: Clary, Cristian, Lizandro Herry, Jose, Junior. We loved the entire entertainment team who organized great games on the beach and pool area and great shows at night: Big Daddy, JC, Joshua, DJ Pantera, Bladimir, Scooby-Doo, Dindo. Our friendly server at the beach, Moises, was there tirelessly bringing us cold drinks all day long. In 6 days we didn't have enough time to learn everyone's name but I wish we could because someone is there to help for anything you need.

Room Tip: We stayed at Garden View and we greatly enjoyed the quiet. There is a short walk from Garden View to the main lobby but it is on a nice private road lined with palm trees and two lakes populated with various birds. We like to exercise and the short walk to the main lobby and beach was enjoyable. The Garden View is also co-located with the resort's Italian restaurant, Capers. We ate breakfast there everyday and dinner a few nights. The food is excellent.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Irina J
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2014

Dear Irina J
Receive cordial greetings on behalf of the entire personnel of Now Larimar Punta Cana, in our hotel we are honoured to have customers like you thank you very much for sharing your experience from your recent stay!
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and on your name we will congratulate our personnel for helping to make your stay memorable.
We look forward to seeing you again
Cordially

Reviewed 20 September 2014

I would like to thank Teromeil for the excellent customer service we received at the Capers restaurant. We were with a large group of people and he made are time at the restaurant pleasurable and memorable. Thanks Teromeil AKA Superman!!!!.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2014

Dear Kim F
From the all team that working on Now Larimar, Thank you so much for your positive feedback!!
I am truly delighted to read that our service team and experience all together exceeded your expectations.
We will look forward to welcoming you back again
Kind regards

Reviewed 19 September 2014

I want to first say that I did a lot, and I mean A LOT of research on where to go for our honeymoon. Now Larimar had just about everything we were looking for. When we arrived, we were greeted immediately by the hotel staff with cool towels and a refreshing drink. Check in was a breeze, but since our room wasn't ready we were escorted on a tour around the resort (it's a huge resort, more on that later). We ended the tour at the beachside restaurant and got a bite to eat. This was so great for us because we were both starving from the long day of travel. I will list a few things that are important to include here from our stay:

The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. Everyone tries to make the guests feel welcome and comfortable. They all speak enough English (some better than others), but it's very easy to communicate with them. The nightly entertainment was very good! We were there for the official kickoff of the football season, and they had lounge chairs and a big screen, along with a bar set up on the beach for all the football fans ~ it was very cool. Also, every night you get a program for the following day on all the activities happening around the resort. They have Spanish classes, dance lessons, and sports games going on daily, just to name a few. There is an Explorer's Club for young kids that looked very busy and all the kids seemed like they were having fun. There was a wedding going on at the resort almost every day we were there, but since it's so big, you could almost not even notice.

The resort is set up by non-preferred and preferred guests. The preferred guest rooms are closer to the beach and the non-preferred are away from the beach. They have golf carts to take you around if you don't want to walk from the non-preferred rooms back to the main part of the hotel where the restaurants, entertainment, and lobby are all located. We stayed in a preferred ocean view room so we were very close to the beach. It was a bit of a walk back to the lobby for us. **If you have trouble getting around by foot, this might not be an easy place for you to stay.

The drinks were good. They have a different drink of the day everyday. There was a wide selection of drinks to choose from. There are many different pools around the resort and there are swim-up bars in some of them. The food was good, we mainly stuck to the carnival buffet and castaways (a preferred restaurant). The pasta and bread were my favorite! There was always a salad bar at every meal.

Since it was our honeymoon, and we did the preferred upgrade, they added in complimentary massages, dinner on the beach, breakfast in bed, and a few other add-ins. I would recommend upgrading to the preferred club upon booking if you can afford it. It really does make the trip that much better, plus you get access to all pools (both preferred and non-preferred), preferred lounges with drinks and snacks all throughout the day, and you get special seating in the buffet dining room. Our room was nice, we had an ocean view with a jacuzzi on our balcony. All resort guest rooms have a balcony.

The resort is very well kept up. There are always people working on the gardens or cleaning things. The beach is very nice, though the ocean is very salty. There was a lot of seaweed that they cleaned up everyday. The beach was kept very clean. Now resort has nice lounge chairs on the beach and a lot of them! The pool and beach had plenty of lounge chairs so people who got up late could have one too.

***Overall our stay here was very nice. I would definitely stay at another Now Resort in the future.
We stayed 10 nights here and we have been home for a week and still miss our routine we had there and the nice staff!

Room Tip: Get the preferred upgrade! You will be much happier with the location. And you can reap in all the benefits of the preferred club member :)
6  Thank Natalia B
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2014

Dear Natalia D:
Thank you for took your time for sharing your valuable feedback about your recent stay in Now Larimar Punta Cana. It was a pleasure greeting you for your honeymoon and we hope it will be another visit!! We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay among us plentifully, and you had not good, but excellent experience.
Comments like yours give us strength to continue on our way, thank you for your warm words of support and encouragement, your message will be communicated to all staff to share the joy I felt when reading it.
We want to meet you again soon.
Regards

Reviewed 19 September 2014

Okay so I have been the Dominican Republic numerous times, six to be exact. I’d have to say I was a little disappointed in this resort. I had my wedding here so I have been calling in the months prior to try to get my entire guest in a blocked location so we could all stay together. The hotel was never able to accommodate that, which I don’t understand why considering I have been calling since January; I was also told that they don’t give out group rates. I had over 30 guest show up to the resort for my wedding. After the fifth time of calling I finally gave up on getting a group rate and getting a block of room for all of us to stay together. I would also not recommend getting a butler we had a butler but only seen him one day, when I saw him he told us that he was sorry for not paying us attention but he was busy. My first room was okay but if you have a bad back be warned the beds are very hard and uncomfortable to sleep on, I think on average I was getting less than five hours of sleep a night because I kept waking up. The night I got married I switched rooms I paid for the ocean view. I was really upset with this room because I paid the extra money and it was more of a pool view, I was on the second floor and didn’t have any type of ocean view. I had a view of a palm tree . The toilet was broke it was always room and my sink was also broke. After the second or third night I finally got a phone call asking how the room was and I voiced my complaint.
The wedding was beautiful and Francina was a joy to work with, the only problem that we had was, we found a bug in the wedding cake, that was pretty disgusting so never the less we didn’t eat that.
Also be careful of the food you eat I think half out the people who came with us got sick its two weeks later and I myself am just now recovering. Like I said I didn’t have the best of times at this resort I think next time I come I will stay and the grand palladium resort at least the offer free wifi

Room Tip: walls are thin, i was able to hear the people next to us having sex every morning and night
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Dear angelo w

Thank you for took your time for sharing your valuable feedback about your recent stay with us. I deeply regret that we have not met your expectations, compared to other hotels, and you could not enjoy your holiday as we would have wished, more taking into consideration it was such special occasion as a wedding.

I have reviewed thoroughly every point that you kindly report in a constructive manner and I deeply regret for the lack of our attention about the unfortunate facts that you encountered during your reservation process.
I would like to apologize if you felt hard time about changing your room, I understand that the first impression is very important and I regret if we were not able to correct these issues in a timely manner.
I would like to tell you that your sincere opinion is very important for us and I hope that you and your friends kindly accept my apologies, also those ones that were not feeling well, sometimes it take long time for the body to adapt to this weather, food, type of life, heat... Hoping you all feel fine now.
Best regards

Reviewed 19 September 2014

My husband and I had an awesome time at the Now Larimar Punta Cana! Check-in was a breeze and the staff very friendly. Hats off to Ricardo, who checked us in and showed us to our room and then advised us our room was upgraded and moved us to another room! The room was lovely, overhead fan, good a/c and such a comfortable bed. Lovely beach area, and enjoyed the beachside grill. I heard the entertainment at the Now Larimar was the best at any resort and it's so true. I was truly wowed by the entertainment team! Staff made the stay memorable! Note: Ricardo is an asset to the Now Larimar! Great Customer Service....THANKS SO MUCH RICARDO!

Room Tip: The rooms between the pool/beach area and dining is a good area. The majority of the dining is all near the Central courtyard.
2  Thank ladyflier

Dear ladyflier
Thank you very much for sharing all your experiences in the Now Larimar hotel and thank you for choosing us for your holidays.
For us it is an honor to receive reviews from our guest more if we could read that we have managed to exceed such important expectations.
I am glad to know that my personnel could make your holiday memorable!.
We will love to greet you soon again, so we have another chance to continue surprising you with our hotel and service.
In the name of my whole team, let me wish you and your all the best.
Yours sincerely,