14,205 results
All reviews preferred club carnival buffet bluewater grill entertainment team preferred pool big daddy antonio banderas preferred status moments bar preferred area spice restaurant preferred room punta cana tropical view bruno mars scooby doo fire show
Reviewed 11 February 2008

As others have said, this resort just isn't worth it. I have never bothered to write a review before and although I read all of them on this site before any of my vacations, I assume that there are just some beyond picky people in this world. Such is not the case with respect to the EdenH and the negative postings you are reading here. It is all true... this resort is just not worth the trip. This was our third visit to Punta Cana, and there are far better resorts than this one in the DR.

We were there from Feb. 2 - Feb. 9 and arrived with open minds, knowing full well that it is a brand new resort. We expected glitches but it was downright ridiculous at times. Everything that others have said is the absolute truth... repetitive food... booking problems... battles over chairs... rules changing daily... poor service in some areas... construction noise... sinks falling out... toilets not working... shoddy workmanship everywhere... it's ALL true. Mosquitoes are really the least of the problems here. It has no business being open right now and even when it is complete, I just don't see how it can rate itself a 5* resort. There's just nothing that makes it distinguishable and makes you go "wow", and even with a casino and a coffee shop, I just don't see the wow factor at all.

The poor front line staff... they are taking the brunt of all of this so when you do have to complain (and you will, no matter how easy going you think you can be), be nice to them. None of these problems are their fault and they are frustrated with it all as well.

When people write glowing reviews about this place I can only assume they were still giddy with the fondness of having been on vacation. And none of us likes to admit that we made a mistake and paid hard-earned money to stay at a place that caused stress rather than alleviated it. But the glowing reviews are few and I can't suggest enough that you take them with a grain of salt.

All this being said, if you are already booked at this resort, or insist that all this negativity is just a pile of picky whiners and you want to book anyway, do yourself the favor and at least upgrade to the Club Service or Concierge Service (different names for different tour operators). You do get the better rooms (walls around the bathroom area and better view), and the premium liquor goes a long way in getting you through your week! Between the premium liquor and the absolutely fabulous people we were privileged enough to have met around the pool, we had a good week. But we won't ever be back at the EdenH again.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
46  Thank KWTraveller
Reviewed 11 February 2008

I went to EdenH at the end of Jan 2008, and absolutely LOVED it. Only 15 minutes from the airport was a bonus, once we arrived and got our rooms, evrything was smooth as silk for the entire week. The food was awesome, the bars enoyable, and the staff was more than pleasant. The resort itself is surely a 5 star. One of the best trips I have ever taken, I hope to return there.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
20  Thank pc7355
Reviewed 11 February 2008

Had a great time, not a five star yet, but will be soon!
We were lucky getting a great room with an ocean view!
Tipping does go a long way!! Met many people who had
many different problems. Only problem we had was with
dinner reservation system (waiting in line daily) but I've heard
that has since changed!! We were there from Jan. 28- Feb 04.
The nightly shows were just OK, have seen better. The food
was great, gained 6 pounds!! The service was great, again
a tip here and there helps! If you get a room in the 1,000 block
make sure it is an even number, and if it is in the 2,000 block
make sure it is an odd number. That way you will be facing
pool and not construction. Go with an open mind with the intent
on having a great time and you will!!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
16  Thank grams56
Reviewed 10 February 2008

We arrived here on Jan 28 for 12 days. While the beach and pools were beautiful, you were lucky if you could find a chair at either place. The chair situation became quite stressful. I witnessed many fights over chairs which made my vacation less than relaxing. In fact, management decided to stop all reserving of chairs during our 2nd last day so they had security go around removing peoples' things. Not knowing this had happened people were going out and taking a chair and then, understandably, being accused by others of having removed their articles. Management did not bother to put up a sign or warn anyone. We met some very nice but distraught people this way.

This resort was not ready to open when we arrived. I had to contact the general manager with my room issues (things not working or completed) and he seemed less than interested. He promised me that when I came down to the front desk the next day his supervisor would take care of things for me and assured me that the supervisor would be expecting me. Guess what? The supervisor was not informed about anything. I felt very bad for him because he was taking alot of flack from some VERY disgruntled guests. I felt the front line staff were put in a very bad position by the top level management who decided to open the resort prematurely and not make themselves available when things went wrong.

The animation team, the bartenders at the beach grill and GG, the pool waitress, were great. They were the best PR we witnessed for this resort.

The resort is beautiful but shows signs of poor workmanship and faulty installations. A sink literally fell to the ground and cracked in the snack bar ladies' bathroom and was left there for at least two days and then I stopped counting. Locks on doors didn't work and hence people were getting late night "visitors".

This resort, in my opinion, is very poorly managed. Anything that is successful at this resort is a result of the hard work of the frontline staff such as Kelvyn and the rest of the animation team and Jose and Danny at the beach grill bar who were working hard to keep guests happy.

The food was good but repetitive and we enjoyed the company of all the people we met there.

Those who go in the future will more than likely have a better experience as far as the completeness of the rooms is concerned. But beaware of the lack of privacy when using the toilet. The glass and marble act as an echo chamber and the glass door may not close properly.

Housekeeping did a great job but you may have to remind them to replenish things like soap, shampoo or facecloths.

They play techno music in the Tantra bar at night even though I really went there for the Dominican music. I had great dance lessons by the beach grill during the day but nowhere to practice my dance steps at night. They did play Dominican music for about 45 minutes there one night and that was the only time I saw the place hopping. That was a big disappointment for me in addition to the fact that the bartenders wouldn't serve us anything outside of the local stuff because they claimed it was not included (although it was).

In short we enjoyed ourselves but I was left wishing I had booked another resort for the same amount money (not all of us got great deals).

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
39  Thank franang
Reviewed 10 February 2008

Returned on Jan. 25th. 'Had a wonderful time....The beach is one of the best!"Can walk for miles each way. Food is excellent...Reservation system needs some work, but the buffet is Very good. Rooms looking over the pools are best, but, of course only half of the rooms are situated that way. They were doing A LOT of work when we were there....Some people were complaining about the view and/or their rooms....then they would say what a cheap deal they got on their vacation, so I don't know what they were expecting.... We got to meet Punta Cana Mike and he was very helpful to many people....The bathroom set up is a little different, the beds and linens are wonderful. I think they need a towel system because some people were taking lots of towels and leaving them all over the place which makes the chairs look semi-occupied which makes people mad!
I would go back here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple