“Now Larimar Vacation”

Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Bavaro
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Hello,
I would like to say that I stayed in Now Larimar from 5/8-5/14 . We had good weather everyday , which is very good.
The Resort is very nice and clean and it's right next to its sister hotel Secrets.
The rooms are very nice and there's a 24 hour room service. We stayed in room#7201..which is part of the new buildings, considered Garden View..didn't really like it because it's separated from the main buildings and its about a 5minute walk to the lobby and everything else. If u wait for the trolly, u sometimes have to wait awhile. The rooms are like a modern studio, they are a bit small.
So, if u have a room in the 6000,s or 7000's ...that's the building and rooms that ya are going to get.
The Food is ok.. I like it because it has flavor compared to other resorts that I've gone.
The entertainment was good some nights. And they have a sports lounge with billiards n a bowling alley ($10 for lane). A casino for the gamblers and a club in a terrace( pretty good music).
The entertainment team is Amazing!!
They entertain people in the pool& beach area with activities and then they also do the night shows. Very talented entertainment crew.
The beach is very nice..clean , clear water. There's seaweed, but shouldn't be a problem. There's enough beach chairs to sit on. And the pool is pretty big and the water is at a good temp.
Well just want to say, I had a good time at Now larimar. Would rate the resort about a 4star at most. I didn't have a bad experience, but would explore other resorts b4 coming back. I love punta Cana!!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Ecorn77

Reviewed 16 May 2012

My wife and I just enjoyed our much belated honeymoon at the Now Larimar. We spent 10 unbelievable days in paradise. Once we arrived, we asked about the preffered club, for $45/day, we were able to upgrade. Knowing that I would get more than my moneys worth in premium booze alone, this was a "no brainer". While checking in, Carlos approached us with a cell phone that allowed us to connect with him at anytime, for any reason. While we probably only used the phone a handful of times, it was such a nice touch. I was able to make a quick call from the beach anticipating that we would like some champaigne in our room, and was always told "no problem" and asked "what else"? Carlos did such an amazing job taking care of us and making us feel like family from minute one. We spent much of our time at the preferred pool (my wife laying out and me at the tiki bar) and on the beach. The service Junior, Victor and Solame (not Salami) provided was 5 star all the way! They were so on top of everything but also a ton of fun to be around. When we weren't on the beach or at the pool, we were constantly eating and enjoying great drinks at the lobby bar. Carlos at the lobby bar was fantastic! Always smiling, laughing and making people happy, he even rejected a few tips from me.. he said he just wanted us to enjoy ourselves.. and not to worry about him. Lenny was also great, as well as, a young lady who's name escapes me at the moment. Samuel at the preferred lounge was extremely helpful and accomodating. Front desk staff was awesome! The food at breakfast was probably my favorite, but Windows and the Japanese restaurant deserve an honerable mention. I'm sure that I'm missing so many names, but everyone on staff was fantastic. We were also lucky enough to meet some great guests of the hotel that really had a huge impact on the great time we had. Our new friends from Canada, Cleveland, Massachusetts and Brooklyn were a riot to hang out with. I highly recommend the Now Larimar. If you go in with the correct expectations, there's no way you will be disappointed. Remember, you are not booking a $1,500.00/day trip to the Ritz. I assure you, you will get far more than you pay for. Oh.. I just remembered, Davis and Efrain were also a huge help to us. We are already planning our return and can't wait.

5  Thank PatrickP60827
Reviewed 15 May 2012

You know you always see pictures and then hear stories about these all inclusive hotels, but I was pleasantly surprised. From the moment you walk into the hotel, the staff is anxious to help you. The front desk and the bell hop were attentive and answered all of our questions. We booked a garden view room, but they talked to us about an upgrade to the Preferred Club, which offers internet (normally $60 per stay), private swimming pools, swim up bar, a private club room in which espresso and alcohol is served with treats all day long. The room was in a better location, right outside was the main pool, and just steps to the beach. We had a ground floor room with a jacuzzi on the terrace. It was perfect. There is plenty of space to roam around, and the grounds are beautiful. There are various restaurants including a French, Steakhouse, Italian (closed during my visit), an Asian, and a buffet, plus another lunch grill on the beach. Pools have drink service as well which was nice, and 24 hour room service which takes forever, but at least it is something. The room itself was spacious, and had double sinks in the bathroom, large and private. Beds are not the most comfortable. Sitting area in the room with a sofa and coffee table. Very clean, and maids are great too. Take advantage of the free scuba lessons, free catamaran lessons (and free use of them as well) as well as free wind surfing lessons all on the beach. The beach is lovely with high palm trees, and lots of palapas. No need to worry about saving them, plenty of seats on the beach. The preferred club has a roped off section on the beach as well, which is nice. The preferred club pool is small, but quiet, and in addition to the quiet pool (located behind the main pool) it is closer to the beach and has hammocks over the pool. Great place to nap. The hot tubs are filled with cold water, so nothing to brag about there. Food was decent, but tiring after 5 days. Water in the ocean is calm and warm, and beautiful. There is seaweed that washed up on the beach that they didn't clear away during my stay. We didn't leave the property, but the hotel offers free shuttles to the mall which is about 2 miles away. The schedule is on the daily newspaper that comes to the room each night. The do have a kids club, but we didn't have kids with us. We intend to bring the kids back though in the future. A gym is on site but very small. All in all, I wasn't disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose the Punta Cana building if possible, it is close to the beach and pools. If you upgrade to Pr...
8  Thank cancungirl1999
Reviewed 14 May 2012

To Hilario as promised - staff at your complex should be commended for their hard work!! We had an incredible time and stayed in the newer section of the complex which is closer to the front entrance. To get to the main part of the resort was a 3-5 minute walk or you can be escorted in a large golf cart…the drivers were polite and had a good sense of humour especially when dealing with the 9 of us. Beautiful grounds, 24 hour room service, own swim-up bar, pool with lazy river. This section had its own buffet for breakfast and dinner. The wait staff our #1 Juan and Jose Alesandro treated us with best service anyone could ask for (thanks to the rest of the staff for making us feel welcome). Food and drinks were fantastic at Now Larimar. Rooms clean and a good size (for 2 adults with a king size bed), Darihana (cleaning staff) was always polite and did a fantastic job. Staff at the a la carte restaurants, entertainment (Mr. Blackie pleasure to meet you) and bar tenders especially Carlos in the Sports Bar were very enjoyable and very amusing – to ALL STAFF that your names are not mentioned in the TripAdvisor posts – you are applauded for your hard work as well! Overall experience - fabulous!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Partyof2Niagara
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My husband and I just spent one week at the Now Larimar in Punta Cana 5/4-5/11/12 and it was like being in paradise. The staff were amazing!-available whenever you needed something. Thanks fo Efrain, who checked on us daily to see if we needed anything- Merecedes, Johan and Wilson were great bartendars. David(Wilki) and Kelvin made sure that our daily breakfast was perfect. Samuel and Andrere in the main lobby area daily answering any questions. The rooms were comfortable and were very clean, anything that you wanted you just had to call. There were plenty of restaurants available for everyones different tastes. The beach was beautiful, with plenty of lounge chairs, towels, and Tikki huts. There were activities everyday at the pool, zumba, aerobics, dancing, volleyball, and plenty of water activities at the beach. The nightly sh
ows were very entertaining. We would definately go back. Cathy and Kurt Clark

1  Thank runcath
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bavaro
0.2 km away
6.3 km away
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
#47 of 112 in Punta Cana

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK