US$ 488
US$ 214
US$ 162
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Karibo Punta Cana(Bavaro)(Great Value!)
US$ 59
US$ 116
Otel.com
  • Pool
14,002 results
All reviewspreferred clubcarnival buffetbluewater grillentertainment teampreferred poolbig daddyantonio banderaspreferred statusmoments barpreferred areaspice restaurantpreferred roompunta canatropical viewbruno marsscooby doofire show
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The service was awesome! All staff were friendly and helpful. They anticipated your needs. The hotel and grounds were very clean and well groomed. The positioning of the pools and beach were conducive to an easy flow between them. We really enjoyed this vacation.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank rhondajim
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We came expecting the quality of a Dreams resort because of it being owned by them.....we were sadly mistaken....upon arrival we were forced into a meeting the next morning to brief us on the resort and what it had to offer and how to pay an extra $6,000.00 to become a priority member...this started at the checkin and a guy by the name of Eli met, followed, and harrassed us daily...trying to force us to do everything in Dominican Republic only through him and his company...This kept us from a briefing about safety and the ability to book our excursions...we luckly found the right company within the resort before our vacation was completely wasted.....we were not told until the second day at lunch not to brush our teeth or drink the water in our faucets....my friend became ill before we left for home after a Doctor's appt found out she has travelers virus....We loved Dominican Republic and will return but not to this resort...FYI when we arrived we also found out the gym and spa were under rennovation...thank God we found the AMSTAR rep named RUPERT....or our trip would have been a nightmare..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Jsut came back and I have to admit I was a little worried about the place based on the reviews I saw here. However, overall I'd give it a C+. Not the best Caribbean reosrt I've stayed at and not the worse. Room was clean but two double beds only. Bathroom was large. Plenty of storage space. Restaurants were so so. Outside grille for lunch was great. Restaurants were hit or miss. Stay away from the Italian one. Horrible. American one was ok but the only good dinner was the rib eye. The French was ok. Do NOT get the chocolate mousse. It's not suppossed to be chewy. The oriental one was great. Entertainment was good overall but the Caribe Celebre show was laughable. They really need to get some dancers who can actually dance. Michael Jackson review was great as was the Elvis show. Hypnotist was ok. The Cirque du Soliel wanna be show was actually good. Staff were friendly but with a large influx of American tourists they really should hire more staff that can speak English. I speak Spanish so it wasn't a bit issue. Beach was INCREDIBLE. Beautiful sand and shore. A+++ for trying to control the seaweed. They did the best they could. Excursions were a tad pricey. Slip the Saon Island Catamaran. Pricey and too long. The Boogie Boards (meaning riding dune buggies through the mud) was really fun). Don't snorkel or scuba. Industry has destroyed most of the natural areas and you really can see antyhing but sand and rocks. Bars were ok and drinks were ok. Probably would not go back or recommend it unless I had to. They are affilited with Secrets next door. Oh, almost forgot, unless you're willing to endure a three hour sale spitch for their vacation club, you will never get the coupons you were promised.

Room Tip: Have to upgrade to Preferred Guest for $300/pp. Not worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank wivusich
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I booked this after looking at all the pictures online and lovely brochure. I read all of the amenities and it sounded ideal. I booked a presidential suite & we were to have access to a pool for only those in the presidential suites, access to a bar, internet, tv that were exclusive to those staying in the suites. Wow, when we pulled up to that paint peeling, run down dump I was shocked. The furniture in the small atrium was ragged, sagging, and dirty. The bar & internet room for those staying in the suites was so small & staff had their desks set up in there doing business...no privacey as stated. Before going up the elevator to our room there were no lights, very dark, & eery. Guess what? When we get off the elevator all of the lights in the hallway do not work & we can't even see to get our key in the door. Furniture in the presidential suite was straight out of "That's 70s Show".Bed was lumpy. Bathrooms with rain shower were state of the art. Balcony with hot tub was fine, but the exclusive pool was green & overrun with kids. One bar was nice. Didn't like restaurants at all. All 3 pools looked as though they had algae. Grounds were well manicured, but no way was I going to spend one night in this Alfred Hitchcock room. I called my agent and within 1 hr she had us booked at RIU PALACE and what a palace it was...absolutely stunning. Cant' say enough good about the RIU PALACE.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jill C
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Hi, my wife and I was at now larimar and we enjoyed our stay. the staff is so beautyfull specially Jimmy, he was with us throughout our stay at the hotel.
I recommend this hotel if you want a place for your honeymoon hotel is the best. and make it more special since arriving at the hotel ask for Jimmy at the reception.
we were in room 1479 and has a beautiful view. with jacuzzi on the balcony.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple