All reviewswalking distancebedroom suitebeach accessapartment styleliving spacedominican cultureminute walk to the beachpool towelsa great place to stayrooms were very cleanevery morningprivate poolall inclusive resortfamily vacationfreddysupermarketexcursions
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Our family stayed in the Swim Up Penthouse for 6 nights. It was very nice having the large space and our own private pool. After booking, the hotel emailed us and asked if we needed transportation from airport and arranged it all for us which was really nice. They had a hairdryer for me upon request. If there are things you need they will accommodate, you just have to ask. There was a grill on the terrace if you like to cook. No washer and dryer in apartment, but the maids will do your laundry for you upon request. Beach is a 2 min walk. You can use the restaurant’s beach chairs as long as you are buying drinks or food, otherwise you will need blankets/towels to sit on.

If you have never been outside of the US, your first reaction to the local area is likely going to make you feel like it is not safe. I can assure you it is safe, of course you have to always use good common sense whenever you are traveling outside your country. There is someone in the security booth outside the doors at all times which was a plus. People do approach you trying to sell you stuff and you just have to tell them “no gracias” at least twice and they will leave you alone.

Breakfast was free every morning from 8:30-10:30am. It is served on the beach at a local restaurant. The food and fresh squeezed juice was amazing, as well as the beach views.

Jill from Wisdom Travel came to our apartment and helped us arrange 3 excursions. She was absolutely amazing to work with and followed up with us all week to make sure everything was good. That was a huge plus to have someone onsite to help you plan day trips. They pick you up right at hotel or at the local market.

Lots of nice dining options in the area. Never had a bad meal! Check out these places: TOC, Capri Beach house, Wacamole, Bella Napoli, Citrus, Delia’s, and more all within walking distance. Dominicans are never in a hurry, you will have to ask for your bill or you might be sitting there for quite awhile waiting.

BAM market is right around the corner if you want to cook and need groceries, water, beer, etc. It is a clean market. Prices might be a little higher, but I didn’t mind since it was close and very clean.

When it comes to towels you will need to ask for extra. They tend to not provide enough.

It is a fairly quiet little place. The neighbors had some parties and it got a little loud, but when the air conditioner is on and you close the bedroom door it drowns out the noise easily.

It was an awesome trip! Glad we stayed at Chateau Del Mar so we could experience the Dominican culture and try different local restaurants.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank NurseEmmy
Chateau D, General Manager at Chateau Del Mar Ocean Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you Emmy for taking your time to share with us your thoughts,
we are happy that we were able to help make your vacation more enjoyable, we hope you can visit us again.
Chateau del Mar is your home.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

First of all, I am a travel agent so I am always looking for the best properties to reside during my vacations. I found the Chateau and I fell in love. We had the 2 bedroom Penthouse suite and it was Great. We were able to cook, and enjoy the views of the Villa. It was perfect. I liked it because it was small and quaint and in the middle of everything. Freddy and the crew were ABSOLUTELY OUT OF THIS WORLD. When we arrived he remembered from talking to us on the phone, and since we were travel agents, he gave us a better deal than what we found. The place is very secured and it isnt a resort so if that's what you are looking for, the Chateau is not for you. We loved it so, we are going back in May and December. Trust me. You will be happy

Stayed: February 2018
3  Thank daqueenstravel
Reviewed 9 March 2018

The hotel is only two minutes from the beach. Situated in a quiet and safe area. Our apartment was spacious, comfortable and perfectly cleaned. The staff are amazing starting from the maintenance to the manager. All are very helpful and lovely. This tiny hotel is a gem in Punta cana because we was feel really like home. Definitely we will return with our families. Highly recommend!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Exactly 33 feet from the beach. walking distance to nearby shops & restaurants, both local and touristy. Freddy and his team were awesome - i'll definitely stay here again and I will be back very soon. Breakfast on the beach, perfect. I will definitely be back and I highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2018

EXCELLENT! My family and I had a fabulous time at Punta Cana, where we stayed at Chateau del Mar. The 2BR apartment was perfect. Spacious, very well furnished, all was working at its best. The property was very clean, as well as the other facilities, such as swimming pool, jacuzzi, showers, etc. Fair to say that the Front Desk team and staff we very kind. Also.... THE BEACH! just a few steps away! We will definitely be back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family