19,538 results
All reviews colonial club coffee boy rodeo grill supreme buffet le gourmet animation team punta cana swim up bar japanese restaurant chateaubriand swim up room seafood steak michael jackson show wet bar main buffet piano bar
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Our stay at the Majestic Colonial was amazing overall. The resort was beautiful and well maintained. The staff was very kind throughout the entire stay.

The animation staff was always upbeat and worked exceedingly hard. They never stopped entertaining everyone and worked morning until late at night. There were games, shows each night, Zumba on the beach, etc.

The Kid Camp staff was so welcoming to both of our children. Our boys asked to go daily to Kid Camp because they loved being there.

The restaurant and bar staff were so engaging and hard working. The bar staff at La Hispaniola were awesome!

Lastly, Zeus, the photographer was great!

There were very few negatives on this trip. The main issue that we encountered were some large high school age groups that were very disruptive and woke us up multiple times at night. Towards the end of our stay, the staff did speak with the groups and it improved.

One thing to note is that it can be challenging for someone in a wheelchair to go from one side of the resort to the other. A bridge with a ramp to cross the pools would really help. Since the gorgeous pool spans the entire resort, it is a long way to wheel around to get from one side to the other.

This resort is fantastic! We would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Mel1081
Quality-Majestic, Customer Care at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear Mel1081,

We are so grateful that you took the time to write about your recent experience at our resort.

We are delighted to see that you had a great time with your family and that our Animation Team really impressed you.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another memorable vacation we trust you will cherish forever.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We stayed for our third time at the Majestic Colonial two weeks ago. We were enthusiastically greeted by our butler Georgi who we requested again this year. His great big bear hug set the tone for our week ahead.
We always stay on the club side. The rooms have received a nice little makeover. We liked the closet doors with the back light and the furniture has been updated. The new sink area is attractive but functionally difficult as the faucets are a tad short and water inevitably ends up all over the counter behind the sink. I missed the drawers for personal storage as well but a command hook here and there did the trick for my hanging toiIetry bag and blowdryer. I brought damp rid this year but not enough as our room became damp by mid week. We know this is a result of the tropical environment therefore next time we'll bring more. The resort itself as always was impeccably clean thanks to the attention of the grounds crew that work tirelessly throughout the day. We enjoyed swimming in the family side pool this year, staying more towards the front end of the resort where it was quieter. We'd migrate up to the pool bar area to watch the afternoon entertainment which was always fun. We actually liked it better than the narrow club pool. It also allowed us to see more of the resort than we have in the past. Best of both worlds in our opinion.
All the Funjestic staff were great this year. Angelica, Juan Carlos aka J.C. Johnny Bravo and the rest of the crew are like energizer bunnies. I must commend Angelica on her professionalism when dealing with an extremely rude and arrogant man who berated her with profanity and insults for doing her job on the club side beach one morning. Apparently he didn't appreciate playing Bingo as much everyone else. Hopefully she felt the support from the rest of us who rallied around her that day and the rest of the week. She is a fantastic asset to the resort! As in the past the food this year is what we come to expect in an AI resort. Not gormet but we didn't starve. We always enjoy the Supreme buffet for breakfast and sometimes dinner. Johnny and Trinidad always helped us start our day with a smile. We even followed Johnny to the French restaurant one morning for breakfast because we liked him so much. Awauris aka Michael is a face we look for every year at the Rodeo Grill and this year we were so happy to see him. He's a hard worker who knows what he's doing and pays attention to detail. We missed the salad bar in the Dominican restaurant. Please bring it back!
In all, we still love this resort and plan to return again next year. It's not perfect but neither are we. It's a match made in heaven.
So, be well all our Dominican friends! We'll see you next year!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robin T

Dear Robin T,

Thank you so much for your wonderful words and for taking the time to tell the TripAdvisor community about your stay.

Our staff members are truly our greatest asset and you have mentioned so many by name, it is obvious you took the time to get to know everyone, which is usually the basis for a memorable time at any resort.

We all want you to feel as in paradise, receiving from our team a true royalty treatment. It is such an honor to hear from you that we have accomplished our purpose during your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing us, once again, as your preferred vacation destination! We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the beautiful Majestic Colonial, here in the sunny Dominican Republic.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

My two sisters, my mom, and myself stayed from 05/31-06/04 and we wish we stayed longer! I'm not sure if it was the time we went but it did not seem crowded AT ALL. I've been to Punta Cana before and have seen how crowded it can get but this last time was not bad. This resort was absolutely beautiful. The rooms were in perfect condition, everything was clean and working. The food was absolutely amazing especially the Dominican and Mexican restaurant, highly recommend eating there! Yefferson was our butler. He was awesome, so nice and made awesome suggestions. The beach did have a lot of sea weed but once you got in the water you could just swim over it to a clear patch. The smaller pool just for the colonial club was never crowded so we stuck to that one. There was always something to do, they have Angelica walking around to play bingo on the beach, which she made so much fun. At night there's always shows and the staff always tries to get you involved in it. Overall it was an awesome experience and I definitely would recommend this resort to everyone!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Munchkin d

Dear Munchkin d,

Thank you for your kind review and for recommending Majestic Colonial to future travelers.

Exceeding our guest’s expectations and offering truly memorable experiences is what we strive for and we are proud to learn that we have achieved our goal for you.

We are honored that you also mentioned your Angelica and Jefferson, and we will let them know that you appreciated their service.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back. Please let us know when you are booking your next visit so we can be ready to give you a warm, Majestic welcome.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

This resort was head to toe awful. My husband and I both got food poisoning. Our room had so many things wrong. The TV never worked. Not once. Our phone didn't work the entire time. Kept walking to the main office to complain. They came and looked at it and said they couldn't fix them. The hair dryer didn't work either, they finally gave me a random hand held one the second to last day of our stay. Normally I wouldn't care about the TV, but when my husband and I were both sick for two days it could've been useful as we were cooped up in our room during that time. Also, the room had apparently been under renovations(certainly couldn't tell that!) and they weren't even complete. Our sofa sat on the floor without any legs. The beds are very uncomfortable. The shower was dirty. Terrible accommodations! Obviously the food also needs improving. Overall I didn't have one meal I actually enjoyed or that "wow'd" me. The pool and grounds were pretty but that isn't worth staying at this resort. When I complained and asked for a partial refund of our stay for all the inconveniences I received no such thing. And after I repeatedly emailed telling them they needed to right this they just stopped responding. I'm still furious over how terrible this trip was. Spend your money elsewhere!!

Stayed: December 2017
11  Thank Erika O
Quality-Majestic, Customer Care at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Erika O,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We would like to extend our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Here at Majestic, we try to make every guests' stay as special and memorable as possible. We thank you for your patience during this development period and please be assured that we have brought your comments to the immediate attention of Senior Management.

I understand that we cannot undo your experience, however I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the shortfalls you experienced.

Warm regards,

Vanessa Mercedes

Reviewed 19 June 2018

very nice property food is just average for a all inclusive lot of variety if your expecting 5 star dining you wont find it here in my opinion I have been to a lot of all inclusives and food is average nice grounds good service over all a 4 star resort upgraded to the club level not really sure if it is worth it but it didn't cost me that much so I did it beach has some serious sea weed and rocks in the water half mile to the left on the beach no sea weed at all who knows why .

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear keith5415,

We have specifically noted your comments regarding your food experience. Please be assured that we take this matter very seriously and is of paramount importance to us as we strive to offer a wide option of restaurants with different variety for our guest’s satisfaction. We have brought this incident to the immediate attention of the Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager for review and improvement.

We assure you, we have immediately addressed the comments you shared with my management team as part of our continuous efforts to provide a consistent guest experience.

We would very much enjoy the opportunity of welcoming you back and making your next stay absolutely Majestic.

Warm regards,