3,753 results
All reviews lirio building caribe club punta cana family room different theme dominican restaurant swim up bar buffet restaurant pasta station dominican republic animation team guest services a great vacation a la carte restaurants main pool ping pong main buffet
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

We've arrived home today after a weeks stay. 2 adults, 2 kids.
On arrival we checked in smoothly, we had a family room. All worries about below par rooms evaporated when we saw it. It was lovely and clean, beautiful view of the pool and beach and thank you for complimentary rum and cigars. Just a note. More beer than pop in the mini bar would be good.
The grounds and pools-.outstanding, truly beautiful. We loved the mangrove walks and all the wildlife around the resort. Peacocks and parrots are all over. Love it.
Kids club - unfortunately didn't work for us, only because there were no other children there, we didn't want them to be alone with no one to play with. It looked lovely though and the lady was great for the hour she had her.
Beach - disappointed. Now it's no fault of the hotel, however there is a major seaweed issue currently. There are really hardworking men working constantly to clean it. However it's not idealic having black bags everywhere and a JCB driving up and down the beach especially with small kids. I hope it's a seasonal thing as it's a really beautiful stretch of coastline and the sea gorgeous. Fun to swim in with it being choppy. Please note - our own fault. We got ripped off by a beach seller. He sold us a family boat trip. It was a party boat. We refused to get on and lost 160 dollars. A small price I suppose for not taking my 5 year on a boat with rowdy people (We would have gone if we didn't have kids. They were fully aware we did but just wanted our money). Use the hotel reps is my advice. Again our fault not the hotels.
Food - we went to the Mexican, Brazilian and the International (this one we paid for). All excellent and enjoyed having a proper sit down meal.
We didn't really enjoy the buffet. I think that is us. We've said we won't go all inclusive again mainly down to we like a sit down proper evening meal and like the ambiance of sitting down and relaxing. I get confused with the choice. There is something for everyone though. In hindsight we should have paid for a meal every night.
Loved the 24 hour beach bar. The food cool at lunch there for a snack. Pizza, chicken and salad good. I had paella one day. The squid was perfect.
The resort has a great vibe. If you want to relax, party or spend time with family and friends, this resort caters to all.
A bit more music selection by the pool would be good.
The lobby is lovely to sit and have a nice cocktail. Safe to say I'm on a detox, the drinks did flow.
So all in all, we've had a great time. Thank you for having us. We've made lots of memories.

1  Thank Tadhg10
Community-Princess, General Manager at Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear Tadhg10.
Thank you for you for sharing the comments of your stay at Tropical Princess.
We are extremely happy that you choose our hotel as your tourist destination and we highly appreciate all the recognition you give to our service in general. It is fantastic to read that we could meet all your expectations and you and your family enjoyed your stay here with us.
On the other hand, we do apologize for any possible inconvenience you might have experienced while you were staying within us. We appreciate your comments as an useful tool to improve our quality.
We hope to be your host again on your next trip to Dominican Republic.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We came here as a group of 10 friends and family what can I say beaches beautiful sunshine delightful sea is a bit choppy but personally our group preferred dodging and jumping the waves the food all great the staff in the buffet restaurant were very accommodating and friendly reserved a table for us every meal time which was great as such a large group big shout out to ester she was a pleasure but my biggest thanks goes out to the animation team yuli jeri suli (apologies for spellings) and the others I name these 3 as they made my children's holidays (And ours I may add) my daughter had the best time and even cried when we were leaving and said it was her best one yet my son he gave jeri a run for his money with his own unique dance moves haha the animation team go above and beyond to make your trip perfect and how they manage the long hours time dancing smiling and generally friendliness amazed me .... massive shout out to all of you.... you all shine at what you do thank you

Trip type: Travelled with family
Community-Princess, General Manager at Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Robin M.
Thank you for dedicate part of your time sharing a review of your trip at Tropical Princess.
We are extremely joyful that you choose our resort as your tourist destination as well as for all the accolades regarding our hotel and all the advantages it offers. It is wonderful that we could meet all your expectations and you and your family had an excellent time. Thank you for mentioning the dedication and friendliness of our staff and our service in general.
We invite you to join our community visiting our Facebook fan page Hotel Tropical Princess to become part of our great family and interact with our staff. We will send your gratitude and greetings to our staff members you mentioned as they will be happy knowing from you.
We hope to have the privilege to be your host again when you find yourself returning to Dominican Republic.
My sincerest gratitude,

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Excellent customer service ! Reception, buffet, a la carte, beach... all smiles !
Loved this familly oriented resort !
Diverse pools, beautiful and large white sand beach with numerous palapas...
Clean grounds with luscious vegetation, various species of birds and turtles all along the path...
Restaurants and buffet was very nice accompagned by fast accurate service...
Rooms and main buildings were clean and freshly painted with beautiful colors...
Spa is amazing...Exquisite decor...
Clean bathrooms everywhere on site...
Thank you for this beautiful vacation !
Thank you Winni (reception) ! Thank you 'Money Money Cash Cash' (sport center) !
MCB ;)

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Community-Princess, General Manager at Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Mccoldwell.
Thank you for you for sharing the comments of your stay atTropical Princess.
We are extremely happy that you choose our hotel as your tourist destination and we highly appreciate all the recognition you give to our service in general. We love your review, short but concise highlighting what made you feel pleased and happy. It is fantastic to read that we could meet all your expectations.
We invite you to join our community visiting our Facebook Hotel Tropical Princess to become part of our family and interact with our staff. We will forward your gratitude and greetings to all our staff members you mentioned as they will be happy knowing from you.
We hope to have another opportunity to be your host again on your next trip to Dominican Republic.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I visited this hotel from the 6th of may to the 20th of may 2018 and I had the best 2 weeks of my life. The hotel is very well looked after and is also very clean. The hospitality is amazing especially from the animation team that work around the main pool and the beach. A massive thank you to: yuli,Jerri and victor they made my holiday the best it could have been. Yuli come and sat with us everyday morning afternoon and sometimes in the evening. He would make me feel welcome in every activity that there was and made sure I was happy all the time. On the Thursday of our second week it was yuli’s time to go back and see his family for a couple of days, it made me and my family very upset that he had to go before our holiday came to an end. For the whole of Thursday he made sure I was happy and at the night show he gave me a gift to remember him when I went home(a t-shirt with the hotel logo on it). The only thing I would complain about is being all inclusive for two weeks the food is repetitive but I cannot fault the food as it was so delicious, apart from that, it was the most beautiful,welcoming holiday I’ve ever been on. Thank you to everyone who made it special for me.

2  Thank 613beth13

Dear 613beth13.
Thank you for posting a review of your holidays at Tropical Princess.
We are glad and thankful that you choose our resort as your tourist destination as well as for all the compliments regarding our hotel facilities. It is fantastic to read that you had the best 2 weeks of your life and you enjoyed everything as it will be always our main goal. Thank you one more time for your honest feedback.
We invite you to join our community visiting our Facebook fan page Hotel Tropical Princess to become part of our great family.
We hope to have the privilege to be your host again on your next trip to the Caribbean.
My sincerest gratitude,

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

We flew from Manchester (thoroughly recommended) and found it to be so much smoother than Gatwick, to Punta Cana. The whole experience was very chilled from start to finish. I was surprised at how much quicker everything moved than in Gatwick?

A very quick run through Punta Cana Airport, onto the coach and to our hotel, which goes under two names? Again a very quick and smooth check in and straight to our room. This was a little way from reception as all rooms at this hotel are but with the little bus doing the rounds it was a couple if minutes. Some polite fellows then brought our luggage to our rooms and we were in. Not much if a view from our room but clean and tidy and.... Who wants to spend time in their room anyway? We were literally on the beach, it would have been hard to get any closer without getting wet. If you didn't fancy the beach then the pools were even closer.

I've read some complaints on here about the food? Get over yourselves, there was lots of different foods on offer everyday, much of it freshly cooked and all was very well presented and tastes great. The staff in the buffet restaurant were great and nothing was too much trouble for them, we didn't care much for those who thought it necessary to click their fingers for service!! Really? But the staff didn't seem to let this bother them and done their best for each and everyone in there and soon memories what people drank regularly Thanks guys.

For us it was a perfectly positioned hotel and we enjoyed long walks in either direction on the beach. We do like to get away from the resort and look around the local area but we're informed this probably wasn't the best idea. No worries though this didn't detract from the holiday at all.

One suggestion, being a football fan (soccer to you yanks) can I suggest sorting an area for the big English matches. Seems a lot of people were looking for a bar area to watch the Liverpool match when we were there but I did find it on my TV in the room.

All in all thoroughly recommend this hotel. Situated in lovely grounds with lots of nature (minus the mozzies) which made for nice walks in the grounds.

You'll enjoy it I promise

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank IanandRachael

Dear IanandRachel.
Thank you for sharing the comments of your recent holiday experience at Tropical Princess.
We appreciate that you choose our resort as your holiday destination; we cannot thank enough for all the compliments regarding our hotel facilities. It is good to know that you enjoyed our properties and its service as we always try to please all our visitors.
On the other hand, we do apologize for any possible inconvenience you might have experienced while you were staying within us. We highly appreciate your suggestions as it is the best way to improve the quality of our service. Thank you one more time for helping us to be better through your comments.
We invite to join our community visiting our Facebook Hotel Tropical Princess to become part of our Princess family and interacting with our staff.
We hope to be your host again on your next trip to Dominican Republic.