10,789 results
All reviews jambalaya la dorada cajun restaurant star friends specialty restaurants steak dominican republic main buffet swim up bar dressel divers star rock cafe other resorts bottled water seafood apple vacations got sick ate at the japanese
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We took a break from the resort after the horrible experience with the vacation club presentation a few years ago. Went to Aruba and it was no comparison. Felt like coming home with Mario in the buffet dining room and Sophia. So good to see both of them. They are such an asset to this resort. Also to note was Subsidy at the seafood restaurant La Marimba. She was excellent at her service but was treated poorly by co workers and I believe because she may be Haitian. Regardless she was excellent. Danny at the pool bar area, Elizabeth at the pool bar area, Julenny at night show lobby, Kenya and Gregorio at bar outside La Marimba.

Room. Still need updated. Showing it’s age. Great air conditioning. Maid service was wonderful. No umbrellas but she quickly got us two. Wish I would have remembered her name.

Dining. Make sure you check your dinner reservation receipt. Language barrier can mess that up. Love the variety in the buffet and pool area. Ice cream is great by pool

Grounds. Amazing as usual. Great work.

Pool and beach. More catalpas great beach service by the pool area. The further you set up from the pool the less likely you will get drink service at the beach

Shops to the right up the beach. Be ready to get a lot of attention. Offer about 1/2 of what they ask. Do not pay what they are asking. They will act disappointed but it is a fair price to pay. Don’t feel bad.

Not a 5 Star but for us it was like coming home. Comfortable with a lot of nationalities and a variety of family units.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
QualityManagerDR, Quality ManagerDR at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and I appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your experience at Iberostar on Tripadvisor.

We are more than thankful for your wonderful words and we will strive to make things as best as possible so that you leave our facility with the best of the impressions. We are committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests, I am extremely happy to read your positive review of your on going vacation.

We wish to express our apologies for every downside on your stay, once again, big thanks for your wonderful review and we will rest at your entire disposal shoul you need further assistance.

Quality Manager Online,
IBEROSTAR Dominican Republic.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Absolutely loved this venue. Nice condo like private suites, not in "hotel" like structure.Beautiful surroundings. Great activities, very clean,nice water choices, great food. Would love to go back!!!

Date of stay: October 2017
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR as your holidays destination.

It`s a pleasure knowing that you have enjoyed your stay at site thanks to the great service received and all the facilities.

Will be a pleasure to welcome you back here in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

This is the second yera I went to the Iberostar Bavaro Suites . This Hotel is really at the top as well as cleaning , food ,animation and staff competence . What else ! The gardens are very nice despite of last year hurricanes .

Room tip: All rooms are located in around a magnific tropical garden , so very quiet
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR as your holidays destination one more time.

It`s a pleasure knowing that we are able to met your expectations while you are here with us thanks to all our facilities, amazing service and the beauty of our establishment.

We are expecting a third visit, do not hesitate to contact us in case that you need assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Today I had a wonderful massage on the Beach at
The Iberostar Bravaro Suites. Nadine was my technician. She did a fantastic job. My treatment was a relaxing massage. (Not to be confused with a deep tissue massage). Excellent pressure and she took the time to work on areas which needed attention from hours of computer work. The massage station is close enough to the beach that you can hear the ocean. There was a nearby volleyball game, but it was not distracting. There was not any additional foot traffic past the station. I would say this treatment was a great value. I will be visiting her again before I return home.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at IBEROSTAR and sharing this wonderful experience with the Tripadvisor community.

It is a pleasure to know that Nadine consented you with a wonderful massage, we like to highlight the professionalism and skill of our collaborator.

Of course your words will motivate others to give themselves a well deserved massage when they visit us.

Thank you for your words. We hope you continue enjoying your stay and that every massage they give you is to your liking.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

We had our wedding at the beginning of December 2016 (i did not have this option so i chose 2017 but we actually travelled in 2016) at Iberostar Bavaro in Punta Cana. We were a group of 40 people ranging in age. There were 2 children in our group. We stayed for 1 week.

Check in: This part was a little confusing. I had made some specific requests when booking through our travel agent. I was told that they might not be able to accommodate these requests but when we arrived to check in I was never told wether or not they were able to accommodate. The number system for the rooms was not explained to us as so at first I thought we were being put into a room right next to my in-laws (not exactly what I was hoping for on our wedding week). I'm still not sure how that happened- I think they were assiging rooms based on last names. This did get fixed eventually. Otherwise check in was good. It took a while as there were many of us but that is normal. I did find out that some of our guests had no hot water or no power in the room when they arrived but they just called front desk and someone was sent to fix this. One of our guests got what I think might have been our "welcome treats" as the bride and groom, instead of us. This happened for a few days until they told front desk what was happening and then we started to receive them.

Weather: The weather was great. It rained some nights in the middle of the night or early morning, but everything was clear and sunny by at latest 9am. We had rain once during the day and still there were plenty of places to go to enjoy our time.

Hotel: The hotel itself is gorgeous. So many places to lounge that are amazing. I did not find that all the great places were taken all of the time. People were always able to find beach chairs regardless of the many people leaving towels on chairs and taking off. We were always able to find a great spot by the pool bar for a small group of us.
The layout of the resort can be a little confusing at first. I printed out maps for everyone. The map definitely helped me out when I was trying to find certain places. The grounds were beautifully kept.

Pool: The pool bar was great. Many different groups of people. Good service, but just like many other resorts not enough staff at the bar during peak pool times. The pool itself was clean and had many shallow areas. The entertainment by the pool was great, and many people loved the water aerobics.

Beach: The beach was gorgeous. Great swimming, great sand, lots of space. There were people trying to sell you trips and things like this but if you say no they stop. Along the beach there was some great little shops. The people here were a little more pushy, but just go in knowing that you will have to say no to them unless your looking to spend a lot.

Restaurants: Many choices for restaurants. I did not have a problem with any of the food. I don't eat red meat, pork or seafood and there was plenty for me. The restaurants themselves were very nice and service was great. We just called in the morning to make reservations for that day and did not normally have an issue. A few days we decided to just show up to a restaurant to eat and it only happened once where we went somewhere else because of the wait time. The staff can speak some english but knowing spanish would help you.

Kids: Our 2 nephews ages 6 and 3 had a blast. The kids pool was a hit with them as well as the kids shows in the evening. They also enjoyed the activities put on by the resort.

Nightlife: The shows were ok, but I was not as interested in this. Others in our group said they were very good. There were 2 lobbies that our group would split up and go to for the shows depending on what was playing. The lobby bars always seemed the most lively and service was fast here. A small group of us always ended up at the disco. Sometimes it was a hit, sometimes it was calmer. We had a group so we made the best of it regardless.

Casino: I did not spend much time here but my husband and many of his friends did. They seemed to like it. I found it a bit cold and quiet.

Rooms: I really liked the room. I was spacious and cool. The balcony was nice to sit on. The only complaint are the ants, but honestly it was not that bad. Room service was great.

Wedding: This process was seamless. The wedding coordinator was awesome and very much on top of everything. We set up a meeting date the day we arrived. The meeting was great. We went through everything and sampled our deserts. I elected not do a run through of the ceremony as I wanted to spend more time with friends and family but it was an option, which i imagine would be great for some brides.
We got ready at the spa - had our hair and makeup done. This was quick and efficient. The service was great and i felt very calm because of this.
The ceremony was great everything was beautifully set up. The officiant was great. (we elected a symbolic ceremony but no one could tell). After the ceremony we did group pictures and guests started to go to the cocktail hour area. I found this a bit of a walk but it was not horrible as most people had been sitting for a while anyway.
Photograph: We chose Nicholas who works with the resort - he was AMAZING. Such a fun personality, which made taking those awkward couple photos so much easier. He took some truly amazing photos. Because it was almost christmas the lobby has many christmas lights and this made for a beautiful backdrop for many photos. We were able to pick our photos and take them home with us before we left.
We selected the garden for the cocktail hour. We arrived later as we were doing photos but the area was nice. It did get very dark which made it hard for photos and there were lots of bugs. The music trio were great, I definitely recommend them. The food was also good from what I was able to see.
We rented out a restaurant for the wedding - this was beautifully set up and service was great. My only complaint here was that the background music was not turned off during speeches and had somehow gotten switched to something other than the music that was provided. A few people had asked for the music to be turned off but it didn't. Otherwise everything was great.
We got the ballroom with the light up dance floor for the dancing part of the evening. This was well worth it. The ballroom was huge and so having the dance floor kind of kept everyone in one area and encouraged more dancing. The deserts were kind of off into one corner and seemed to be forgotten about - i think having them beside the bar might have been better. The bar was great, fast service. The DJs were great. They did move away from my provided music every once in a while but it is part of their job to keep the flow going. There were some fun things like the balloons (big hit with the kids) and some singing along with a mic being passed around. The best added touch was the fire show?? not sure what to call it, during the bride and groom dance. It was lovely. The wedding coordinator showed up at some point in the night to make sure everything was going well- That was very nice of her and I was thankful for that visit.

Overall the trip was AMAZING. I would recommend it to others looking to get married here or even just take a trip here.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear guest,

On behalf of the entire IBEROSTAR team, we would like to thank you for choosing us to celebrate your wedding on the property and, above all, for sharing your wonderful experience with the entire Tripadvisor community.

We are very pleased to know that the main reason you visited us was a success thanks to the performance of our team. We definitely do everything in our power to make these occasions unforgettable for guests.

From what we can read, in general you have been satisfied with everything offered during your stay as it was our gastronomy, facilities, nightlife on the property and other aspects mentioned.

Also, we apologize for the inconvenience with the check-in process, sometimes the information between the agencies and the hotel is a bit confusing, but as you could see, while our guests stay with us, we do everything that is our reach so that they feel comfortable while they are staying with us.

Once again, thank you very much for your words and for recommending our establishment.

We hope to have the happiness of your visit very soon. Do not hesitate to contact us if you need help with your next reservation.

Best Regards,