Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
TripAdvisor
US$ 141
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
10,687 results
All reviewssurf and turfboom boomstar friendskobe beeflobsterdinner reservationscigar barbutler serviceour honeymoonpool barother resortsspecialty restaurantslunch buffetbubble bathpina coladaall inclusive resortrose petals
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The accommodations are just wonderful! We spent most of the time at the beach and we always found a seat with shade. Spent some time at the pool and participated in a Zumba class and it was fun. The restaurant buffet was delicious and always open! We had a nice dinner at the Italian restaurant and it wasn't too good. I loved that they have books that you can check out I was able to borrow a couple and read them both! Awesome place!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank orechios
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR as your holidays destination.

We are very pleased to read your review about your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to learn that you have been impressed with the quality of our facilities and service offered.

Your words are helping others to know better what can they find here in our hotel.

Come back soon and do not hesitate to contact us in case that you need assistance with your next booking.

Cordially,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

this was our second time at Iberostar Grand and we enjoyed it tremendously again (despite some poor weather). Quality of the food, drinks, room and service is top notch. Many thanks to our butlers Ayendi and Rafael.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Frank C

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR as your holidays destination one more time.

What a pleasure knowing that you had a great stay at site on a second occasion. With your words we can confirm that we are going on the right direction. You can be sure that we will be sharing your words with those you mentioned and congratulate them for the amazing service.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were treated to lunch and a purview of the rooms and services for our next travel to the DR. I am so glad they did!

First: You have to be 18 or older to be on their grounds.
2nd: There is 4 staff people per guest
3rd: This resort matches what you would perceive as an all-inclusive (premium drinks, premium food, pleasant staff, ect)

The rooms are on par with the Four Seasons and the JW Marriot Brands with a personal butler and an all-inclusive mini-bar that is customizable upon your tastes and preferences.

The buffet for breakfast and lunch was VERY good and Amazing when compared to the Bavaro and Dominicana levels!

They offer private transport to and from airport instead of the bus style, All-Inclusive golf and their beach area was incredibly quiet and peaceful. Their pool had a swim-up bar.

I would give this an excellent rating!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jonmW8759AX

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking part of your valuable time to post the review about your recent vacations with us.

We are more than happy to know that hotel facilities and staff attention met up your expectations and this is not new for us because every day we get lot of positive review talking about the same.

It is a pleasure that during this recent stay your expectations have been fulfilled. As you have been able to check continuously we are improving so that the stay of all those who visit us is unforgettable, that is why we thank you for letting us know you are pleased with our gastronomy, comfortable facilities and the service received.

The entire team is looking forward to welcome you back here in the future. Do not hesitate to contact us in case that you need assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A perfect week with my beautiful wife. The Iberostar Grand was an excellent decision. The accommodations, resort, and service were genuinely first-rate.

The pool, beach, and garden are immaculately maintained. The ala carte restaurants provided a nice variety of foods and the quality was outstanding.

The front desk personnel were also exceptionally professional and responsive. They went out of there way to ensure all guests are made to feel special.

Our butlers, Alberto and Will, were always available for any of our requests. They ensured we received 5-star service throughout the week. Our Alberto ensured we had dinner reservations when we desired and the wait staff was professional and attentive. For our anniversary he provided our room---without asking---ice bucket with champagne and a bath with rose petals and bubbles.

The entire staff was there to support all the guests with a smile and a can-do attitude. The pool bar was the center of afternoon activity. The bar tenders and support staff work hard to accommodate every patron.

The lobby concierges were true ambassadors for Iberostar. Always smiling and friendly and there to ensure our stay met our expectations...it did. Gennesis was especially helpful throughout the week. She treated us like family and kept us well informed on each day's special events.

The only downside to this hotel was the relatively liberal smoking policy around the pool, at the outdoor breakfast area, and the lobby bar. Most hotels restrict smoking to specific areas...I certainly recommend Iberostar Grand Bavaro change its policy and become more restrictive since public smoking worsens the experience for those of us (most people) who are non-smokers and enjoy a smoke-free vacation.

I could go on forever. This hotel certainly deserves a 5-star rating; it is on my list to return to again.

Room Tip: Higher floor was nice for evenings on the balcony with a glass of wine.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Njersey61

Dear guest,

On behalf the entire team of IBEROSTAR, we will like to thank you for choosing us as your vacations destination and sharing and sharing your experience

It's wonderful to know that your holidays were great thanks to the high standards of services and facilities we have. It is for sure that your comment will help a lot those who have doubts about what we are offering and as well how they can enjoy more their stay in our beautiful property.

Thanks for mentioning all those aspects you have completely enjoy, you can be sure that we will be sharing your words with the staff, especially with those yoy mentioned.

Our main goal in IBEROSTAR is to make every single guest happy of their decision to visit here and with your words we can confirm that.

The entire team is looking forward to welcome you here in the future. Do not hesitate to contact us in case that you need assistance with your next booking.

Warmest Regards,

Quality Online Manager

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

HMMM where do I start? In case you don't want to read this very detailed review, I will give a summary - This place is great. From the people (all of them I encountered) to the food (lobster, steak, fresh fruits and veggies), to the building, grounds, pool, and beach.

Now for some details.
After we entered the gated property, we pulled up to a luxurious entrance and was met by the very happy and helpful Abdul. He welcomed us with a great big smile and took all our bags (there was 4 of us with about 7 bags) and guided us to the lobby. Abdul also was our golf cart driver when we needed to get picked up from the neighboring Iberostar. Thanks Abdul.
At check-in, we were welcomed again and quickly given our wrist bands and the best Pina Colada I think I have ever had. Since we were early, our room was not ready but no problem, we went to the lobby bar and ordered some more refreshing island drinks (mojitos, banana mamas, a special shot (that we still don't know what it was called)).
Our room was soon ready (7118). While being taken to our room, we were told that we were going to have the first woman butler at the Grand, Verenese (I hope I spelled this correctly). Once in our room, we soon met Verenese. What a gem she is. The Grand is truly lucky to have her. She showed us all the details of the beautiful room and asked what we would like in our mini bar each day and any other special requests that we may have. They really deliver on this. Upon me reviewing the fridge, I asked if they had any ice tea (I live on it - LOL) and she said I will make note of that. Every day, someone would bring me a glass of ice tea and put it in my fridge. What a wonderful treat when I came in from the pool each day. The attention to detail was amazing. Verenese didn't work 24 - 7 but no worries, there were two other gentlemen that were there - Leo (my Facebook buddy) and Alejandro. These guys were awesome as well. Everyday, one of the butlers would greet me as I entered into the buffet for breakfast. They would always ask how things were going and if there was anything that they could do for me/us. They would also stop by while I was soaking up some sun and partaking in some island cocktails by the pool and again see if there was anything they could do. - I think we had the best butlers at the hotel! All three went above and beyond what we expected.
Everyone we encountered were so pleasant and helpful and always happy. Sorry I could not get everyone's names because you all need recognition.
Here are some that really stood out for us:
Bartendars/Pool Waiters - Yadel (Thanks for the wine you provided while we enjoyed our grilled dinner by the pool and thanks for agreeing to help out at the wedding. Those waters were very appreciated), Ery (Sambucca and Lemon Drop specialist - LOL), Bruillio (I'm sure I just butchered the spelling of his name but he also gave us our drinks at the swim up bar), Bruno, Hamlet (thank you for getting me all my Amaretto and diet coke's)
The Grill Master - Sasson Soso (I believe that is what he called himself). If you asked for one lobster tail, nope you have to have two or three or more - even up to eight at one setting.
All of the animation team but especially Santana (although that is not what was on his name tag - LOL), Richardo (Bingo!! - oh, sorry you only called one number), Yocairi (my new Facebook friend. Darts was fun), Lissett (our special leprechaun), Miguel and David
All the wedding staff but especially my dance partner Kelvin. Thanks for being my partner since my husband was sick and couldn't attend the reception.

This truly was a "Grand" vacation and we hope to come back soon. Keep doing what you do and you will stay number 1.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Betty S

Dear guest,

On behalf the entire team of IBEROSTAR we will like to thank you for choosing us as your holidays destination and sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

Nothing is more rewarding than knowing that since the moment you arrived you had a great stay at site thanks to the wonderful service received from our collaborators.

Words are not enough to express the thankfulness we feel when reading your review, your lines are so motivating and will encourage every one of us to keep doing a superb job in order to make other to experience what they really deserve and expect.

You can be sure that we will share your words with those you mentioned and congratule them for the great job.