2,716 results
All reviews bellini restaurant breeze spa hong island happy hour the general manager sunset lounge national park our honeymoon different levels bedroom villa every evening private beach beach front tub kaek beach italian food rose petals long tail
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Having stayed at many resorts in Thailand, my wifeand I (and another couple) decided to take a long weekend a the Amari Vogue resort in Krabi and thought it was Amazing!

The rooms and the hotel grounds (pools, bars, gardens etc) were beautiful and the staff we so friendly and helpful.

I am glad we left our kids at home as the hotel is not really prepared for young children (although there were some kids there), but that isn't necessarily a bad thing!

Can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KualaLumpurAndyB
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Myself and my wife spent a week in the Amari Vogue for the middle week of our honeymoon. From the moment we were met by Manager Simon and welcomed to the hotel we were made feel so at ease and treated like the most important people in the hotel (as was everybody else staying at the Amari Vogue!). We were staying in a Honeymoon Suite and had a magnificent view from our top floor room of the limestone islands and beautiful sunset.

The hotel facilities are five star. The restaurants and bars served a good mix of Thai and Western food and are reasonably priced in comparison to a lot of Thai five star and even four star hotels. In addition Ao Nang is only twenty minutes in a taxi or the hotel complementary bus service if you fancy something different.

However, for all of the above, without doubt the finest aspect of this hotel is its beautiful beach and view. We have travelled to many luxurious hotels and fabulous locations around the world and can honestly say that the view from the beach of the Amari Vogue is unrivalled. We will be back!

Ross & Suzanne

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2011

Small lovely hotel on a gradient overlooking a beatiful long beach and Islands

This hotel is a bit out of the way but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The hotel are thoughtful enough to lay on a bus everday to Ao Nang where tasty cheap restaraunts are aplenty along the seafront.£10 in a cab back is reasonable. A couple of hire jeeps would have been nice from the hotel.

The two hotel restaurants are fine with Thai food available relatively inexpensively and a slightly more expensive beachside Italian which was also good for daytime beach snacks too like burgers or chicken wraps. Breakfast is great with the usual egg chef and buffet array.

We arrived after a week on Phi Phi Don and were upgraded to a nicer room and a thoughtful birthday cake was left for me. After the somewhat worn bungalows in Phi Phi island village it was a delight moving on to a more boutique style with great size bathroom and vaulted ceilings.

The good bits - staff are charming and we noticed some of them mock other guests a few times which in my view is totally acceptable and with my belly I deserve a good p!ss taking. One of the Thai staff told us about how he juggled a few girlfriends and although in an ideal world perhaps inappropriate but it was side splittingly funny and nice that he was relaxed enough to enjoy our company.

Free icewater top ups, ice cream and fruit on the beach are really nice touches too. As is free wifi and newspapers and little deserts delivered to rooms.

Other guests were lovely - really nice normal families and couples from lots of nations. Gemma and Craig - send us an email - Jeoff42@aol.com. Three UK lads shouldn't have really chosen this hotel and it was very cheap and a little dis-tasteful watching them sneak in and out a local prostitute (quite funny though).

I was a bit confused re tipping and did occasionally but noticed 10% was naturally added to the bills - or is that normal and tipping expected too?

Ok - so in summary - a perfect seaside relax, bit boring due to location but very comfortable with great staff, a tight run ship.

Highly Recommended

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jeoff42
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Of all the hotels we stayed on our extended Thailand trip, this was by far the best. The service made all the difference, the views were out of this world and the food spot on.

Add to that the manager always being around plus a truly delightful spa and we thought we'd never leave.

We stayed all over from Chiang Mai to Bangkok to Hua Hin to Koh Lanta and to be honest, service was generally excellent everywhere, not necessarily the technical skills or the English - it was always the friendliness and the willingness to go that extra mile. At Amari Vogue it just seemed to be even more the case.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tp_111London
Reviewed 26 February 2011

This may be the first place we've stayed that actually looked better in person than it did in the pictures. We went in January, high season for Thailand, so it was beautiful weather. The whole experience was great. The welcome was lovely. The grounds were very well taken care of and beautiful. The way they set up the buildings is great, it makes each balcony more private than any other hotel I've been too. We upgraded to the Honeymoon Suite and our view was amazing. The location of the resort was a huge plus. They have one neighbor, and although the beach is not private, it was never crowded and the views were amazing. It doesn't have the view of the most well known secluded resort that I won't mention, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

The staff was very friendly, although english was sometimes a struggle. They never stopped trying to help, even when communication was a challenge. We did encounter one issue, some tourists would get up early, but a towel on the pool lounger and then leave. Each day, every pool was "full" even with nobody in it. The staff was a little reluctant to enforce their rule about a 1 hour limit to "holding" your spot. We had to make quite a show before they would remove the items and allow us to enjoy the pool. It made for a not so relaxing day, but I know they are trying to work with all their guests. Our issue was really with the other selfish tourists.

The drinks were good, although my wife did have to make a few of her own, the day guy wasn't familiar with all the drinks on and off the menu. Don't forget to ask what's off the menu. I saw a special German Beer my last day there that wasn't on any menu's. The food at the Lotus (buffet breakfast and traditional Thai lunch/dinner) was okay. I wouldn't rate it 5 star by any means, 3 would be generous. The breakfast spread was great, but I guess as an American our pancakes, waffles, omelets, and sausages are just so different. Our whole Thai trip the breakfast food in hotels was only so-so. I still say they didn't have sausage, they had hot-dog's! We had "Traditional Thai" food that was okay. None of it seemed to be what Thai food really should be, but I understand each region in Thailand has is own flavor. Belini (seafood/italian lunch and dinner) was a delight, and is where we ate almost every meal. Each item was unique, and my Wife's picky taste buds were happy. She could taste the quality ingredients. Prices were high, but it's expected at a resort.

Overall it was great. We went to relax, and it was the perfect place to do it! Thank you Amari Vogue for a wonderful and romantic 5 days!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple