We were intriqued by the Check Inn because of the large rooms and incredibly cheap rate, just $30 per night.. We wanted to visit Koh Hong and the beach the Check Inn is located near is just a 30 min boat ride to Koh Hong. So we decided to give it a try before moving on to koih ngai.
Echoing what we read in other reviews, the rooms are indeed huge and all come with a king and queen sized bed. You could easily put a family of 5 in one room, though we had booked two rooms so we would have two bathrooms as well.
The rooms were were in #304 and #314 both appear to have been remodeled very recently.They were spotless and included a microwave, larger refrigerator and sink. There was excellent selection of television channels and a theatre sound system if you need that kind of sound on your vacation. The beds were firm, clean and all the furniture was either new or refinished. One item of concern we noted was the unsanded sharp edges on the tiles leading out of the bathroom.. If you were to stub your toe when leaving the bathroom, the sharp tile edge could easily cut you.
The internet, unlike what some have written, worked fine for us. We had an iTouch and a laptop and both connected fine to a N standard router. The only thing we noted was that early evening, before people went out, things were much slower. At one point I ran a test on speedtest.net and came up with 1.2 mb download. So there is good connectivity at least during some parts of the day.
Breakfast was indeed simple. Just toast, coffee, juice and an egg, any style you want. If you need a big buffet or other full-service amenities like room-service, then head over to the sprawling Sheraton. $30 a night at the Check Inn buys a basic breakfast and you can get more eggs, add sausage etc. for 70 baht.
The pool has been written about as well. We actually went into the pool and checked it out. First, the twin baby pools are not filled with green water, but are lined in green tiles. This is probably a poor color choice since from the balconies it looks like the water is green. But on actually getting into the baby pool, the water appeared perfectly clear and clean.
The main swimming pool is indeed stained with old algae type stains. But there wasn't any algae in it when we swam in it. The water was perfectly clear and the stains on the tile felt like concrete. I think the whole pool needs to be drained and refinished. But we found the water very clean and clear. We checked our feet after walking on the curiously rough algae stain and there was nothing on our feet at all.
Finally, the only real disappointment I found with this property is the location. We timed a walk to the beach and it was 13 minutes going down the road and along the dirt road. When we came back we would go through the Sheraton and it took about 10 minutes.
We found a second Indian restaurant across the street, a 7 11 and other options, not to mention a nice restaurant on the beach. This is a seriously quiet and relaxed beach. Nothing like Ao Nong and the hubub there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Check Inn Resort Krabi is centrally located for the most convenient access to the many natural wonders of the province, including lush tropical rain forest, pristine beaches and crystal-clear water, perfect for snorkeling, scuba and ocean kayaking the many caves and grottos that dot the area. Feel the unique comfort we boast in our deluxe rooms, decorated in soft Asian style wooden deco. All resort guestrooms feature 1 king-size bed and 1 queen-size beds, with a balcony overlooking our garden and the poolside. Enjoy your tropical paradise in a free-form swimming pool with refreshments and light snacks from noon until sundown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly so you can book your Check Inn Resort Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Check Inn Resort Krabi Hotel Nong Thale
- Check Inn Resort Krabi Thailand