See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 January 2011

I stayed in the hotel with my girl friend and another friend and we were first attracted by a very good special online offer. As the hotel re-openend after five years most taxi drivers did not know it, so it's best to ask to be dropped of at the Sheraton which is on the other sight of the street.
The best thing about the hotel's are the rooms which i would give seven stars if I could. They are 45m2 including tv, 2 queen size beds, a remote for all the lights, very good cable tv, air con etc., balcony, dolby suround system (bring usb stick with music) etc. it's the most spacious hotel room i have ever stayed at and about twice as big as the ones of the neighbouring Sheraton. There is also a kitchenette in the room which is perfect if you don't feel like going out and you just want to try a cheap instant soup or frozen food from seven 11 (which are very good btw). The staff is also incredibly friendly and welcoming. They have a little Gym and spa, fast wifi in every room and you get an okay breakfast at the restaurant next door. The pool is very big and was empty most of the time we were there.

The location is not perfect though. It is a 10 minute walk to the beach if you walk through the Sheraton property.. The beach is very good and not crowded at all. I recommend to rent a scooter or car to get around. All other facilities are in short walking distance (Seven 11, Restaurants, Massage, Travel agencies etc.). You can start the island trips from the beach so you dont need to go to Ao Nang to do that.

After all we stayed one night longer and we could have stayed forever. The spacious and comfy rooms were almost a disadvantage as it was actually heard to leave them...
I would definetly recommend that hotel to everyone who does not want or need to stay directly in a busy beach town.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorenzsdl
Reviewed 27 January 2011

The rooms are amazing value at 999 Baht, clean, tidy and tasteful. The hotel is MILES from anywhere except for the up market Sheraton resort which is across the road. The breakfast was ok for what it was but it was just 2 small pieces of toast and a boiled egg. glass of OJ and an instant cofffee. We ate at the local restaurant (ganajanna or something like that)t which provided the breakfast. It was the worst meal I've had out in years, very expensive for Thailand and the quality was awful. The place seemed to be an indian speciallity restaurant but the Korma that I received was just cambell's condensed soup with extra salt, I returned it and of course they changed it for something that was much more expensive and almost as bad. DO NOT EAT AT THE RESTUARANT!
The hotel is miles from anywhere, difficult to find and in truth although the rooms were beautiful and cheap, our time and money would have been better spent elsewhere.
Please note that the wireless internet is regularly disabled by the staff so that they can listen to streamed music. The cardio equipement in the 'gym' is almost unusable and the management are aware of this but won't be improving it.

I would rather stay somewhere near the town/ao nang beach, it was very inconvenient to actually do anything and the hotel has nothing to do either. We needed the internet connection but we and everyone else was just lied to and fobbed off that it was just our computer, other people were told it was just there computer.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThailandIsOver
Reviewed 19 January 2011

I was surprised by the spaceousness and cleanliness of the hotel, big swimming pool, cozy rooms with little balcony and place to sit outside, a very comfortable bed. And an ever-helpful charming Austrian Manager... I wish I could have stayed longer! Will return! ingrid V.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2011

But I will write something, because I'd like this place to stay in business. First off, the size of the rooms are pretty incredible (I think they're all the same size?). Lots of space. Very clean. Cable tv with many English channels (something another hotel in Krabi lacked despite advertising cable tv). Pool is big enough to do decent laps, although it seems most people head out to the ocean on a clear day.

It's impressive because the hotel has only been open for 3 months, but all the amenities a guest could ask for are provided.

I actually had difficulty finding the place because it wasn't in Ao Nang where I expected it to be. Instead, it is in Kluong Mung (spelling?), which is the next beach town up from Ao Nang. For a quieter stay, the location was actually perfect. And I rented a scooter whenever I wanted to head into Ao Nang for grub and a beer. To give a driver directions, tell him it's across the street from the Sheraton.

Will definitely come back to the Check-Inn Krabi.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo