Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

I found this delightful Homestay last minute as the one I had booked was not acceptable.
Jacquie , John and their son Bovas are the kindest, warmest, friendliest hosts I have had in all my trips to India. They will help with information and arrangements and always offer a warm welcome. I love these people. The rooms are spacious and airy with terrace area. Breakfasts and dinners are available.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Fairychaser
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Visited here with my parents in law, partner and a friend and we had a wonderful time, jacquline and her husband are the best hosts - they even escorted me to hospital one night when I was unwell - above and beyond is an understatement. Nothing was too much trouble we adored our time here and will definitely be back to visit next time we are in India. Thank you so much for having us x

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with my wife and 1 year old baby daughter in the deluxe room. As some other reviews show, this homestay may be ideal for young, adventurous couples, esp. for those interested in music, but for the rest of us it may not be ideal. Here's why:

1. The family was very kind and helpful, but the mother and son were away at work or school most of the day. The father was present most of the day, but was far from being proficient in English or Hindi, which made communication very cumbersome.

2. The deluxe room was very basic, dark and dirty. No desk or cupboard, so our stuff was lying on the floor.

3. Only one towel was provided for the three of us. On the second day we asked for new towels, and the family was happy to help. But shouldn't this have been provided without us asking?

4. The bathroom sink was really dirty. No soap. No shampoo. Nothing.

5. The breakfast was rather simple (egg curry on day 1 and white toast bread, omelet, pineapple on day 2).

6. The dinner at 400 rps a night was also quite simple, but nice to have home-cooked meals.

7. The garden was small and sand-covered. Not a place you can sit in.

8. The beach is about 5 to 15 mins away, depending on how fast you walk in beach sand all the way to the beach. Not stroller friendly.

9. No daily cleaning provided.

10. No place for lunch nearby.

Now who would be a suitable candidate to stay here?

Backpackers or musicians on a budget who want to experience village life with all the ups and downs that come with it. If you don't mind cold showers, insects and lizards in the bathroom and rooms. This place is good for these reasons :

1. There was a music jam with one of the guests and the son. Fantastic. If you play an instrument this place could be fun in the evenings.

2. The family is helpful in arranging backwater trips and transport. Also ayurveda massages if needed.

3. Marari beach is beautiful at day time. Dead after 19. However, there are others homestays that are closer to the beach, if that's your thing.

Bottom line: Don't, just don't go there with small children! The family was really kind and did their best to accommodate but it isn't easy with a baby.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 706amardeeps
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

This homestay is not on the beach but right on the Main Street, the garden is inexistant. The room is dark, the bedsheets were smelling humidity it was thick and so old, I,ve covered my pillow with a bath towel and covered myself with the blanket to avoid the touch of the bedsheets, very uncomfortable, worst place I've stayed in Kerala.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2017

This place is cool. Simple accommodation with an outside bathroom. You are five minutes walk from Marari Beach. The family who run the place are so nice, really considerate and helpful. They also give you as much or as little space as you want. Great home-cooked food is provided (stick with this as you can't find many other places to eat in the area and it's delicious). Value for money is truly excellent. There are only two rooms available so you'll want to get that booked.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple