Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 February 2017

We stayed for 3 days and really did NOT enjoy at all. The place is managed by some 2 guys who have no clue on service or food /cooking. They get drunk by 6-7pm (though they don't trouble you). There is no way to call people from the room as mobile networks are not reachable and there is no landline. Everytime you need to call the aunty (owner) who will somehow coordinate it. Food - the lesser said the better and we did not eat many times but rather preferred to go to better places. There is one auto uncle who does a great job moving you around everywhere and he can take you safely to all places.
Rooms are not good and there will be some insects/mosquitoes etc . Nothing heritage but constructed to resemble that way. Its a peaceful location but thats all you get

Room tip: Anything you chose is bad!
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Sameer S, Guest Relations Manager at Palathra Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

We seriously apologize for the bad experience you had here - we have had a change of team and are relooking at the property completely. Please send us an email with detailed feedback, and we assure you we'll take this seriously, and make it up to you.

Apologies again.
- TeamLinger

Reviewed 19 August 2016

We were two couples who booked Linger Munroe property for 15 August 2016 extended weekend. But that property was sold out at end moment from linger so Vijay (another amazing guy) helped and suggested us to go for Mararikulam property.
We reached there from banglore by Kochuveli express and got down at Cherthala. Vijay has helped us to book a cab from Cherthala to the resort. Now this place .. We book Ettadi cottage. the cottage was wooden one and very beautiful .The bedroom was cosy beautiful. We had a smile has soon as we entered.
Vijay is the linger guy who was there and he took care of our needs and demands.. We wanted to have fish in one if the meal atleast andVijay made it sure he gets it. We wanted food without cocunut oil and he assured the same. the place is big. Two day we had gone to allepy where we watched the snack boat race and the backwater ride.Third day we were inthe property till 6 in the eve .We rode the cycles.It rained.We even plucked a cocunut. there is an Uncle Umaapathi.He drives an auto and he took us to allepy and the beach.He is well know there and is another amazing polite person . Lena Aunty is the owner and cooks the meals for the guest.She cooks delicious food . everything was perfect for us the stay the food and the people around who took care of us. Mararikullam is not a crowded and very known place .But yes do visit this property .worth the money and the fun .

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pooja V
Reviewed 10 January 2016

I was here for a full 4 days and I must say this is one of my most satisfying holidays. Right from the time I reached out to make bookings till my return, I am extremely satisfied with Team Linger. Let me elaborate.

1. Bookings and follow ups - Sameer is very prompt in providing you with the details and in answering your queries. In addition, I must specifically acknowledge Vijay (the ops manager) who followed up with me about my family's dietary preferences and logistics (i had missed filling out a Google doc created for this). In addition, he gave very useful details about what to expect, how to get there and what to see. He was in constant touch to see that I was comfortable till I got into Palathra.

2. Getting there - I traveled by train upto Ernakulam. Vijay had helped arrange for someone to come and pick us up. Of course, you can choose the option of negotiating separately with the taxi guys outside the station. Palathra is approximately an hour's ride from Ernakulam Junction.

3. Palathra itself - Lovely quiet property which will give you the traditional Kerala feel. We stayed in Maavu. Anthony, the caretaker and his staff are WONDERFUL folks who strive to ensure that all your needs are met. They are available whenever you need them - just a phone call away! There's a swan, a pond, a hammock, a library with some nice thrillers (I found the Red Dragon by Thomas Harris) and lip smacking delicious food - so put away those phones and choose your activity :-). There's also an Ayurvedic massage center if you need.

4. Places to see - I'm sure lots of material is available on the net on this. So just to add some specifics (a) if you want to go boating, make sure you are specific whether its the Alleppey backwaters/Vembanad lake that you want to see. They are 2 different excursions; I went for the backwaters (a 2 hour ride) and it was nice (b) The beach is around 4 kms away and if you have a kid with you, I suggest you request Anthony to help arrange an auto to take you there, wait and bring you back. There are a couple of cycles available if you need.

To conclude, I'll come again for sure sometime. And, if you want to own some property anywhere remotely, make sure you have someone like Anthony to help take care of it :-)

Date of stay: January 2016
1  Thank DSKrishnan
Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

Went to linger with families and friends around october. The place has its old charm but for people looking for a more luxury pls do avoid. No doubt the people are really nice and helpful with amazing food but when one go for a holiday basic requirements such as un-interrupted power is a requirement and a bed to sleep where the roof does not leak. Ofcourse this was sorted when complaint but I rather not have these things to worry. There were few things which definitely needs a lot of work to be done.. For people who prefers heritage living with a bit more than basic..pls do not expect too much. Also for a big group of people it may be difficult for the place to accommodate as they have 3 cottages with 5 rooms and limited experience to handle. The look and feel on the face of it is nice and homely. Given the negatives we did have a good holiday as the beach is nearby 3 km and the place arranges for an auto if you dont have ur own vehicle.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2015

Linger folks arranged this trip for us in lees than 12 hours. We set out on a long drive from Bangalore. What we saw after a 16 hour tiring drive from Bangalore was a Paradise. We (Including our 24 month old son) completely enjoyed the wooden house, the yummy food , the greenery and the pond .
The staff were very very friendly and made sure that we were comfortable during our stay. The staff arranged for local sight seeing and the boat ride.
We were treated with authentic Kerala food throughout our stay .
All in all a fantastic vacation and we are looking forward to the next Linger destination soon.

Date of stay: July 2015