Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2016

I was here for a full 4 days and I must say this is one of my most satisfying holidays. Right from the time I reached out to make bookings till my return, I am extremely satisfied with Team Linger. Let me elaborate.

1. Bookings and follow ups - Sameer is very prompt in providing you with the details and in answering your queries. In addition, I must specifically acknowledge Vijay (the ops manager) who followed up with me about my family's dietary preferences and logistics (i had missed filling out a Google doc created for this). In addition, he gave very useful details about what to expect, how to get there and what to see. He was in constant touch to see that I was comfortable till I got into Palathra.

2. Getting there - I traveled by train upto Ernakulam. Vijay had helped arrange for someone to come and pick us up. Of course, you can choose the option of negotiating separately with the taxi guys outside the station. Palathra is approximately an hour's ride from Ernakulam Junction.

3. Palathra itself - Lovely quiet property which will give you the traditional Kerala feel. We stayed in Maavu. Anthony, the caretaker and his staff are WONDERFUL folks who strive to ensure that all your needs are met. They are available whenever you need them - just a phone call away! There's a swan, a pond, a hammock, a library with some nice thrillers (I found the Red Dragon by Thomas Harris) and lip smacking delicious food - so put away those phones and choose your activity :-). There's also an Ayurvedic massage center if you need.

4. Places to see - I'm sure lots of material is available on the net on this. So just to add some specifics (a) if you want to go boating, make sure you are specific whether its the Alleppey backwaters/Vembanad lake that you want to see. They are 2 different excursions; I went for the backwaters (a 2 hour ride) and it was nice (b) The beach is around 4 kms away and if you have a kid with you, I suggest you request Anthony to help arrange an auto to take you there, wait and bring you back. There are a couple of cycles available if you need.

To conclude, I'll come again for sure sometime. And, if you want to own some property anywhere remotely, make sure you have someone like Anthony to help take care of it :-)

Date of stay: January 2016
1  Thank DSKrishnan
Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

Went to linger with families and friends around october. The place has its old charm but for people looking for a more luxury pls do avoid. No doubt the people are really nice and helpful with amazing food but when one go for a holiday basic requirements such as un-interrupted power is a requirement and a bed to sleep where the roof does not leak. Ofcourse this was sorted when complaint but I rather not have these things to worry. There were few things which definitely needs a lot of work to be done.. For people who prefers heritage living with a bit more than basic..pls do not expect too much. Also for a big group of people it may be difficult for the place to accommodate as they have 3 cottages with 5 rooms and limited experience to handle. The look and feel on the face of it is nice and homely. Given the negatives we did have a good holiday as the beach is nearby 3 km and the place arranges for an auto if you dont have ur own vehicle.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2015

Linger folks arranged this trip for us in lees than 12 hours. We set out on a long drive from Bangalore. What we saw after a 16 hour tiring drive from Bangalore was a Paradise. We (Including our 24 month old son) completely enjoyed the wooden house, the yummy food , the greenery and the pond .
The staff were very very friendly and made sure that we were comfortable during our stay. The staff arranged for local sight seeing and the boat ride.
We were treated with authentic Kerala food throughout our stay .
All in all a fantastic vacation and we are looking forward to the next Linger destination soon.

Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank Sunil83_12
Reviewed 2 June 2015

I am big fan of Linger vacations. Though the theme of the places is "Do Nothing", it has a lot on offer.
We wanted to go to this property since long, finally got a chance in Kids summer vacation. Initially It did not feel like the right place to go for a SUMMER vacation in Kerala, but then we looked the pictures and talked to sameer and was convinced that this is the right place.
We reached there without much of trouble. The Kerala road roads are slightly notorious for it's unpredictability, but it was a fun drive, however next time around i'll be taking a train instead.
The place itself is huge and with a lot of tree cover, and cottages you stay in are Namboodari style old but very well maintained structure. The caretaker Jeetu and the cook Antony were just what you need for such kind of vacations. We were well taken care of. The kids were playing around in the huge property and they had a lot to do. They usually were hanging around with their Jeetu and Antony "Uncle". Jeetu and Antony were very happy to entertain them.
We went to beach pretty much every morning and evening, which was fun. The Beach is clean and not very crowded. We also went for walk around in the neighborhood. One day we went for the Boating the Allepy back waters, which was just amazing, the arrangements for this was done by them, and was hassle-free. In all it was an amazing experience.

Date of stay: May 2015
1  Thank raviranjankumar1
Reviewed 8 January 2015

Took my parents and son to Palathra in December, stayed for 4 days at the ‘Eatti’ cottage. Did nothing and absolutely loved it. I speak also for my 5 year old who is as restless as they get.

The place is lush with greenery, the cottages are woody and interesting and the care-takers are attentive and very polite. The food is true to its soil and also very yum in the tum. And the bathrooms are clean and pleasantly state-of-the-art.

In the mornings, we went on short walks, watching the kids take cycles to school like we used to, back then. In the evenings we made quick visits to the temple and to the beach. But mostly, we sat outside the cottage, taking turns to answer questions about each-other, playing dumb charades and word games. We read books and we read books.

And we made friends with our fellow-occupants at the facility - a goose and a turkey. This inseparable couple walked together around the grounds, pecking at stuff, voicing their opinions on our attendance once in a while. My son and I followed them around, mobile phone in hand, making a documentary of our every-day adventures with the duo.

We came back, assuring the kiddo that we would come back again. We recommend Palathra without doubt - a fantastic getaway.

(P.S: The only things you'll need to watch out for - 1. The well you do not recognize until you get to it and 2. Insects that you have never seen before, but they did nothing to harm us.)

Room tip: We had a look at all the rooms and found Eatti to be the most spacious and ideal for families or friends traveling together.
Date of stay: December 2014