Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$16
Agoda.com$16
All reviews his wife home stay raju homestay india
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 October 2019 via mobile

I stayed at this beautiful place from September 30th till October 4th and let me tell you, the place is amazing.
The rooms are spectacular but the best of all is the harmony of this wonderful family.
They would do anything to make you feel like at home and Raju's wife cooks so delicious.
If you are in the area, this is the place to go.
Thank you Raju and Family.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2019 via mobile

First of all I am being quite generous by giving this place 3 stars because at most it deserves 2-2.5. The pictures on booking.com and TripAdvisor are highly deceiving. The property name has changed to Raju Villas and there’s absolutely no sign on the road. The pictures on booking are from his brothers two upstairs bedrooms next door. I’m supposed to have one of the nice rooms and it does not look like any of the pictures. I only have a white sheet on my bed and old towels. There’s an ant infestation in the bathroom since my arrival and no extra toilet paper. Nobody has emptied my trash or asked if I needed cleaning. Mind you it’s low season (early April) so they’re probably tired from the tourist season but still...I feel like I’m staying in someone’s unkept home. Stuff and newspapers strewn about. The upstairs dining is a sad little place. Dirty floors and some plastic furniture lying around and two very old and dirty yoga mats which i didn’t get to use because the female yoga teacher the owner booked cancelled at the last minute and they didn’t bother to tell me. Instead they asked some old guy who looked like a taxi driver and could barely speak English to come teach. I said no thanks. The breakfast was pretty decent but the dinner gave me quite bad indigestion. All the food besides the fried fish was cold. You can get much cheaper and better food at the other homestays or on the beach. But perhaps my biggest criticism is the interaction with the owner. I had sent him various messages saying I could not amend my reservation from 4 nights to 3 nights on booking but that I would arrive one day late because I was spending the night on a houseboat. He said fine and told me the price for 3 nights. I was surprised on the day I was originally supposed to check in that booking had charged me for 4 nights so he never bothered to amend the reservation for me or offered to give me money back. He also never mentioned that the tuk tuk he told me to take from alleppey could not drive on this sandy road /path. He said oh you should have called me and I would have picked you up but he never mentioned this in any of his messages. So the tuk tuk driver and I are walking all over the place with my luggage in the 40 degree 99% humidity heat trying to find his place as there are no signs to Raju Villa. After walking around the beach a few days there are many homestays and many look much nicer and have better food so I really regret staying here. One of the worst homestays I’ve been to in terms of service. On the upside the AC works. WiFi signal is terrible.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing time here. We were having trouble finding the place and the son came out to find us and carried my bag back to the villa The whole family were friendly, welcoming and professional. The room was clean & tidy & the sheets smelled freshly washed. The food here is an absolute highlight. Some of the best home cooked meals I've had in Kerala! We were able to get beer each night for 200 rupees which was really nice after a long, hot day. Its a short 3 min walk to the beach which was relatively quiet and clean (for India). They had an upsatairs open area with ceiling fans for meals on one side or you could just hang out on the other side. They had a few spare mats and space to do yoga. There were also a few hammocks in the yard to chill out on. I can highly recommend this place & would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mararibeachvillas, Guest Relations Manager at Marari Beach Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Greetings from Marari Beach Villas!!

Thank you for your kind words, we are glad to know that you enjoyed the stay here.
It was a pleasure having you as a guest.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

This place is a perfect little paradise, whether you are a solo traveller, a couple or a group, Mr Ragu and his amazing wife Geni will look after you. Upon arrival their son greated us with a smile and offered to take my girfriends back-breakingly heavy bag. We walked through the gate and were greeted with a complimentry pinapple and coconut juice... an indian summer dream that was! The room was sparkling clean. The courtyard filled with hammocks. Made friends for life there which was another bonus.
Admittingly the Wi-Fi wasn't the best from our room, but we were one of the furthest rooms from the modem... the second you went outside and moved 2-3 meters towards the modem, we were streaming 1080p videos fast and with ease. Definitely not a big issue.

The food. Is. Better than anything. Ever.
Geni (hope I'm spelling correctly!) is a genius in the kitchen. EAT AT THE VILLAS OR ELSE YOU ARE MISSING OUT. She puts the 'God' in "Gods Country". Best dal I've ever had... and I've indulged in dal my whole life.

The whole experience... incredible. Would do again.

Nice beach too.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mungbeansare4losers

Greetings from Marari Beach Villas!!

It was a pleasure having you as a guest.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

I have truly NOTHING positive to say about this place.. Me and three other friends booked two rooms via airbnb over new years. When we arrived, we were told to wait.. So we sat down and waited for 30 min without getting any information, turned out the owner had double booked us. So we were sent to another homestay where we had to pay alot to stay. I called the owner several times to tell him that we had paid for the rooms at this place, but he ensured us that the payment hadn't been accepted. Which isn't true, almost 15000 rupies were withdrawn from my account.. We have been trying to get in touch with him several times several places (phone, mails, facebook..) without any replies. Our friend, which is still in India, got a hold of him over the phone and he said that we would get our money back in a day. It has been two weeks since that phone call and he doesn't reply our millions of mails. Looks like he does this with a lot of people. So stay away.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Greetings from Marari Beach Villas!!

We are extremely sorry about the bad experience you had to face at our property. But the booking is shown as cancelled in our AirBnB profile and we had tried several times to deposit money to your account with no success. Hope you got the money back from AirBnB, if not please message us in airbnb and we can sort it out.