“The only place in Huehue for me....”

Al Pomodoro Ristorante
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Ristorante Al Pomodoro, the place to enjoy the authentic Italian flavor, served in our rich selection of pasta and specialties. Enjoy your dishes with a delicious glass of wine or just enjoy our exclusive coffee, made ​​with regional products better. Ristorante Al Pomodoro has a rustic style atmosphere to enjoy with friends or family.We hope your visit cordially in Huehuetenango.
Reviewed 19 September 2017

… still pretty much the only place in town for me. The restaurants in walking distance in downtown Huehue that are not comedores are very limited. Al Pomodoro is pretty much the only option. I love their decor which the big barnlike look and all the interesting photos and signs on the walls. Good bread that is homemade and also for sale in their “beikery” ( …too cute the wrong spelling in huge letters on the wall ). Love the lasagna and Cesars salad combo. Great soups (careful, if you order the regular soup from the menu, the size is a meal by itself since they’re full of vegetables and meat. Order a small one if you want it as an entrée before the main course … and it’s still big enough). Pizza is good, but nothing special, hot sandwhiches are huge as well, can easily be shared by two. Staff is always very friendly and they do even recognize me from the year before each time... makes you feel especially welcome year after year.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

The food was excellent and service was decent. I ate here a few times and tried the pasta, salads, and sandwiches. Good location and can accommodate groups.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Food okay, not the best ever...but find. Well done, clean and good service. I ate a carbonara, quite heavy with lots of bacon. If you are into heavy and sort of american pastas, this place is gonna be awesome! If you are more like a Italian kind of pasta person, then you're gonna feel kind of disappointed. But as I said, the place is okay, and there aren't very much options around...

Reviewed 7 June 2016

We dined here on a stop over on our way to lake Atitlan on a recommendation and we were mildly surprised to find such good Itialian food in a rather small Central American town. Both the dinner and breakfast menus were well balanced with breakfast being a bit more international as the dinner menu. You are sure to find something delicious on the menu regardless. Though I was a bit disappointed in their version of Tiramisu the mains were all spot on.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Still the best and the only restaurant for me in Huehue where I feel its safe to eat. The food is great, the interior is really nice and looks like a big barn. Pizza and pasta is great and portions are big. The soups are great too ( and here you get a real onion soup ) Good salads too. I dont mind coming to the same place three days in a row when I am in Huehue because I know the food is great and safe