“Great hotel for the price, walkable location to parque”

Hotel Ruinas Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Huehuetenango
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I have been coming here every year in semana santa for several years now ( once you’ve done Antigua full force three times during Semana Santa and since the crowds are getting worse every year, it’s really nice to escape to a remote place like Huehue) Mind you Huehue is hustle and bustle and crowded with folks doing the holiday shopping, but it’s only locals. Except for two occasions I have yet to meet other foreign visitors here. My first time at Ruinas the hotel had just been opened and was brand new. Very cheap for the quality you get. I’m not too fond of the restaurant though, the few times I’ve tried, it was never really good ( so I have not tried their new diner style cafeteria yet either and I always prefer to go to Al Pomodoro just on the next block ) but then again when are hotel restaurants every good, right? The rooms are nice and spacious. Wifi works fine even in the rooms. I always have a room on facing the street directly since I like sleeping with open doors/windows for light and air and I have never been bothered by the street noise and certainly never smelled the gas station next door like others have complained.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeannine2708

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Nice big rooms but dimly lit. Loved the huge King bed and bathtub. Also has frig, table for two and Windows open to interior. Not sure to what but could hear noise every morning of clanging and talking. The food was good - especially breakfast. We did wait two hours the first night to get everyone's meals in our party and it was not busy.

Room Tip: Sounds like whether you get interior or exterior room you will have noise.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2016

We stayed here 3 nights, in order for me to climb 2 nearby mountains. My wife always like a good swimming pool, and this hotel was supposed to have one. Unfortunately, they had converted the pool area into a dining area (completely covered the pool), and this would remain the situation for at least one week. I guess such things happen, but a bit unfortunate. The hotel provided a bottle of red wine as a complimentary gift to express their sympathy. The parking underground was very convenient. Our room was nice and well kept. The complementary WIFI was a bit slow, but worked. The service and attention was outstanding!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights, 2 with a balcony and one night with an interior room. I recommend the balcony room as it is airy and open with lots of fresh air. It is on a busy road though so there will be noise until the town quiets down for the night. The service is impeccable. Wifi average slow but we were able to call home with Skype calls easily. The gym is huge and many people come in from town and do spin classes etc. great energy and place to work out. I can't say enough positives about this hotel. Oh, great location too.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

It is a reasonably modern hotel but is a bit run down. The wifi was quite slow and only available in the lobby. It is in a good location and easy to find. The staff were quite helpful. We were there with a group of 20 and they were prepared to let us pay individually for our meals. The hot water wasn't very hot but as the weather was hot it wasn't a problem.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Huehuetenango hotels
1.2 km away
1.7 km away
La Chacra de Joel Hotel
La Chacra de Joel Hotel
#2 of 8 in Huehuetenango

Been to Hotel Ruinas Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Additional Information about Hotel Ruinas Resort

Address: 9a. Avenida 1-09, Huehuetenango 13001, Guatemala
Region: Guatemala > Western Highlands > Huehuetenango Department > Huehuetenango
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet (WiFi) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Huehuetenango
Price Range: ₹ 3,846 - ₹ 25,293 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Ruinas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.