See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 March 2017

Let me start by saying that Jessie was the biggest highlight of the place. Very nice, and very accommodating. But, the hotel itself needs some serious work. One thing that took me by surprise from the start was that there are no glass windows. The windows are covered by metal shutters. What this means is that if you want to use A/C, you have to keep the metal shutters closed and get no natural light in the room at all. Plus, it just looks bad. The light in the ceiling was rather dim, and when I turned on the fan, it started swinging in all directions so much that I was afraid it would fly off and hit me in the head, so I turned it off. The shower was bad also. Water pressure is very weak and you have to wait at least 3-4 minutes before hot water even starts running. If you spend more than 5 minutes in the shower, hot water runs out and turns cold. Last, the room and furniture was just REALLY worn out. The highlights again were very friendly host (Jessie), and the rest of the staff. There is a pool table and BBQ. For someone who will spend almost no time in the room and just needs a place to quickly wash up and sleep, it may be okay. For me, I won't go back there unless all other places are booked (which is what happened last time). It's a shame because the location is great. I wish the owners invested a bit of money into renovating the place. Install real glass windows, get some new chairs, repaint the rooms, upgrade the furniture. Even with bad water pressure, that would go a long way. Hope that helps both visitors AND owners :)

Date of stay: February 2017
4  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 26 November 2016

The rooms are not overly large but just right. Its not for anyone who is looking for a fancy or luxury dwelling. This is a simple bed, tv, and shower type of place for those who just need a base for their further travels on the island.

It is centrally located so going into town to enjoy activities or the beach is very easy.

Room tip: Some rooms come with or without AC. I'd advise you choose the room with the AC.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2016

the all you can eat friday and saturday bbq was really good the sauce they use is a special recipe the beers are cold and service was excellent iam going back afew more times to eat. i live 30 miles away and worth the ride on my scooter best bbq i have eat in dominican republic

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 13 July 2016

The ribs at Rocky's were awesome. I would not stay there. The property looks a little worn, but I guess if you are on a budget this wouldn't be a bad place to stay. Just not my taste. Location is great... 2 minutes off the main strip.

Date of stay: October 2015
2  Thank Pizatt
Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

I visit sosua often, at least twice a year for the last 6 years and have always wanted to try Rockys. Gave it a try recently and was mostly disappointed with the condition of the property. Very worn and in need of some cosmetic improvement. The hot water did not work on arrival but Mark the previous owner was very helpful in correcting the problem. I stayed in room 1 and the noise from the street is very loud until late into the morning, but the location is great if you want to be in the middle of the action. We had two meals that were acceptable but nothing to brag about. The only redeeming factor is the price at 27US per night.

Date of stay: February 2016