All reviews restaurant offers good bus station rooms are basic great hotel hot water excellent location stayed here mayan culture museum taxis wifi receptionist
Reviewed 31 March 2017

The location of hotel is convenient.
Rooms are ok - hot water, flat screen tv.

You can find wi-fi in the lobby.

I would like to note the hospitality of the owner Berta,
her knowledge of the region and excellent travel advice.

Hotel have good restaurant with good breakfast.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2016

Our rooms were clean, fairly comfortable, but basic. The AC and hot showers were probably best features.

On the other hand, the affordability, complementary breakfast, and location right next to the main plaza and Maya Museum more than make up for the plain facade.

A good spot to look into for budget group travelling.

Room tip: Ask if they have a seasonal discount.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Nice updated room for 510 pesos. Stone shower, flat screen, free WiFi (that is strong). Central location so the drawback is it's a little noisy. The staff bent over backwards to be helpful, 24hr reception with security at night.

Room tip: Look at a couple of rooms, some are more updated than others
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2016

We landed at the Chetumal airport at 9:15 pm and immediately caught a taxi to this hotel, having made a reservation online prior to starting our trip. The hotel is convenient to the airport, being located jusr a few miles from the terminal in El Centro, near the Mercado Viejo (one of several municipal markets) and a bus station.

Our room was basic: two double beds, a TV, a clean bathroom. Nothing extraordinary. It's an older hotel, presently owned by a woman from the U.S. Reception staff was very welcoming and helpful, answering all of our questions. We received a voucher for free coffee, then had breakfast (at our own expense) in the hotel's restaurant on the ground floor. A good place to stay upon arrival for one night, prior to leaving for our destination on Lake Bacalar the next day.

Date of stay: February 2016
1  Thank GringoEnMexico
Reviewed 23 January 2016

I stayed here for five nights in early January. I was pleasantly surprised to have a newly renovated room. Great bathroom, shower, etc. I'll ad photos soon.The other reviewers noticed hallway noise traveling through the windows. I picked up on this a little but it wasn't a problem.

The owner and her son are from California and were extremely helpful. These were the only English speakers I encountered for five days. This is not Cancun or Playa, learn some Spanish.

This hotel is in the older part of Chetumal, near a small bus station and the Mayan Museum. The owners gave me great advice on where to go. I spent four pesos on an old rickety bus that ended up in Calderitta fishing village. I stopped at three waterside cafes that day and had a great time. BTW, white sandy beaches and clear water are not in this area. This is a bay and the few beaches present are OK but not as nice as others on the coast. I also took a collectivo taxi to Laguana Bacalar for the day. A nice trip w a beautiful (clear, freshwater) lagoon and many cafes. I also walked down the Ave los Heroes to the monument and San Pedro ferry pier. I didn't find out about the zoo until I was leaving.

I will return to this town and hotel.

Room tip: The interior rooms may be quieter from road and hall traffic. Ask for a renovated room.
Date of stay: January 2016