All reviews pool and jacuzzi on site restaurant decent hotel water pressure rooms are clean mini fridge shopping and restaurants hot and cold water english channels free wifi mayan museum fine place en route cultura museo cons
Reviewed 27 July 2017

The receptionist was friendly and courteous as they welcomed us to the hotel. The room was clean and nice. It had clean bathroom, a little small but well equipped with closet, blow dryer, clean towels etc. We were two adults and 2 kids and we had 3 beds, There was a little fridge to put our drinks in and a private balcony. The outdoors had lots of flowers around the pool and jacuzzi. Later I met the owner and his wife casually and he offered us 50% discount if we stayed another night. He told us he was the cleaner. I asked the receptionist who he was and he said he is the owner. "Really!" The hotel is also raffling 3 cars in March 2017, and he offered us some tickets to participate. The hotel also has a restaurant so you can eat there as well. The only thing was a set back was we had a long wait for a taxi and it was about 15 minutes from the maull if you want to shop there on your trip. They said it only happens when it rain and it was raining the night when we were trying to get a taxi. The following morning was better. I would definately stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I spent three nights in this hotel. It is centrally located in a safe business area where one can walk for miles on beautifully paved sidewalks and shop to one’s heart content. The Museo de la cultura Maya is located across the street and the excellent city bus tour just a stone’s throw away. Cabs are plentiful and inexpensive.

A restaurant is attached to the hotel. I had breakfast and several dinners there . All were quite decent except for the tough steak which was the most expensive item on the menu and the rather dry tasteless white rice served with grilled fish. It should have been served with beans and rice and tasty to boot! Breakfast was always good. The staff at this restaurant and hotel were fast, efficient and accommodating. Everyone greeted you with a nice smile which made my stay pleasant.

The cons:

The rooms were a stark white colour on stucco and made me feel as if I were in a hospital ward. Truly depressing!

The television only accessed Spanish speaking channels. It would have been nice if a few English channels were offered.

Room service comes with a premium. Don’t bother with it and eat in the restaurant.

There are no in room safes which means you have to lock up your valuables in the lobby safe and that was not convenient.

The pool is a decent size and the pool area could use a few more loungers in good condition along with umbrellas.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Room was nice, my be a little small; nice pool to refresh from the hot weather; staff friendly and helpful, good food and excellent service at the restaurant; live music by a single man is a nice addition.

Room tip: rooms in the old section are larger, newer rooms are nicer but smaller
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia N
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

I have absolutely no complaints, my stay was exceptional and very fun! Everything was tidy and service was professional. The ambiance was really breath taking. Very spacious and gives me and my husband a "home like feel"!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank IzahGad2012
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

For me this was just a stopover on my way to Mahahual. I found the basic room, well basic. For 5$ more a night I got a beautiful room by the pool in a quiet nook. Will be back
And the staff were very helpful. Walking distance to whole downtown. And taxis are cheap

Date of stay: April 2017