The bad experience began at check-in. My girlfreind had reserved a standard room at 1,800 pesos weeks earlier. When we arrived the front desk asked me to pay for the 3 days in advance which I did by credit card but paused when I saw a total charge of 6,900. When I questioned it they explained that the only room available was a family room at 2,300. I explained that this was not what we reserved. They said there was a seminar going on and theseminar people took all the standard rooms. Obviously they did not honor their reservation. I accepted the room because we had checked out of our last hotel and had plans for a family outing the next day. When the family arrived we were told that both the indoor and outdoor restaurants were reserved and they would have to set up a table outside for us. Not the best experience.
The room was noisy but not because of the karaoke. The pool opens at 6am and there were kids in it at 6am screaming etc. Wi-Fi only available in the lobby and not in the room. Do yourself a favor and skip this place. Overpriced, dirty, noisy and not business like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apple Tree Resort and Hotel is a perfect place to escape and restore oneself. And a mix business with leisure. Get away from a hectic day of business, shopping and entertainment in the city. It is along the sandy beach of Opol, Misamis Oriental. About 10 minutes away from bustling Cagayan de Oro City. Restaurant offers fresh grilled food, cool drinks of special concoction and innovative Filipino and Asian Cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Apple Tree Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apple Tree Resort And Hotel
- Apple Tree Hotel Cagayan De Oro