“Comfortable weekend stay and delicious burger”

Summit Ridge Tagaytay
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Manila, Philippines
“Comfortable weekend stay and delicious burger”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Summit Ridge is owned by the Robinsons group and one of the high-rise hotels in the area. Beside the hotel is a Robinsons supermarket and an open area with different restaurants.

The lobby of the hotel is big and open. The decors are earthy and very modern. They have a lot of function rooms that you can use for business and also for wedding receptions. The hotel restaturant, Annie's by Cravings is also located in the lobby floor.

We booked a room with 2 beds. The rooms are pretty big, however, the I wished the beds were bigger. The room has a ref, lcd tv, a sofa (a person can sleep here as well). The room amenities are basic and would not expect top products here. Rooms have great wifi signal and our room even included a router. However, don't expect fast speeds but only for basic surfing.

We spent some time in the pool. The problem we encountered was the towels are requested from housekeeping. However, the staff are very fast and quickly fetched our towels for us. I just hope they station 1 staff in the general pool area to check on guests' request. I later discovered you can get the towels in the restroom below the pool.

The infinity pool is very lovely but can be very cold on colder months. You can view the construction of the SM condo beside the hotel and nice view of the nearby subdivision from the swimming pool. It's hard to do laps though as the pool has an irregular shape.

We had breakfast in the hotel. The first one was not that good (weekday) but the second day, weekend was better. I guess they have better food on weekends. The buffet spread is varied and you can order your eggs and omelette. They serve both Filipino and Continental breakfast. The breakfast crew is pretty efficient and they make sure your coffee and water is always filled up.

We also try to dine in the restaturant and ordered ala carte on off peak hours. Service was good and the food quality is top notch. However, there was a slight misunderstanding when I ordered lunch and to be served on the pool. My meal was delayed due to the restaurant staff not informing the kitchen to cook my meal on time. So I just requested the food to be spent on our room. No problem there and the food was so good I forgot about the initial problem. Highly recommend to try there Big Burger ( 2 quarter pounder), served with fries and milkshake.

In conclusion, I highly recommend staying here, since the convenience of the mall and the view of Taal is fantastic (choose a higher floor). Definitely will be back here for the burger and will try their other dishes :D

Tips: They have Rowena's in the lobby. Try their buko tart. It's very good and has the same price as their branch.
They also have a Spa SeriAsia. However, I wasn't able to try their services.
According to the staff, the Sky Lounge on floor 9 has a fantastic view of the lake. However, I wasn't able to go as our view in the room is already fantastic.

Room Tip: - Higher floors definitely for better view of the taal volcano/lake.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Been here 3rd week of May, and i should say i had a good and bad experienced with this hotel. Got a reservation thru their contact nos. (which is indicated in their site). Its a free reservation and i had it one week before my date of arrival. They had contacted me 2 days before to confirmed if i were gonna push thru with my reservation, and i said yes. And 1 day prior to my date of reservation, they called me again to verify if i will push thru..and i said yes, again.
The next day, which is my date of reservation, while driving on the way to the hotel, the receptionists called me again to verify, and i told them im on my way na already. They called me twice, which kinda annoying of sort. Third call was done. They told me that they are very sorry to informed me, that one of the staff had mislooked my reservation and gave it to other, and told me that they will booked me to other hotel. And that irritated me. The mere fact that they called so many times to confirmed my reservation, and that's it?! So, i dont agree with their thot of booking me to other hotel. Its their fault not mine, so they better solve the problem. Without further a do, when i arrived at the hotel, the staff told me that they had solved my reservation and someone cancelled a reservation. What a relief! The good thing is, they upgraded me from twin classic to king deluxe with the same rate as twin classic.
The room, king deluxe, is a one bedroom facing taal. Its kinda small for a one bedroom but i should say its ok. One thing, they should replaced or clean properly their bathroom for its has stained. Overall, i should say, it was a nice hotel but dont expect too much from it. Location is good and staffs was respectful...

• Stayed May 2012
Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

The room was spacious and clean. I liked their service and the staffs were very accommodating. It was very relaxing. The place was very nice. The thing I'm concerned of was the pool, since it is an outdoor pool and we know that this place is one of the coldest place in the south, they should have a heater in their pool so that their guests can swim in their pool. But other than that I think it is one of the best hotel in tagaytay because it is near in everything you need especially to us, young couples. You do not need to go anywhere if you are hungry, if you need to hang out or drink some beers, or you need to have some coffee.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay here at Summit Ridge. Their staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room we stayed in, King Classic, was very spacious and cozy and with a view of Taal Volcano. The in-room wifi was excellent and the bathroom was clean with toiletries included. A bit pricey looking at their published rates but it’s probably because of how spacious the room is and the view you’ll be seeing once you check-in. All of the rooms have a balcony overlooking Taal Volcano. Overnight accommodation is inclusive of buffet breakfast for two. The food choices were a bit limited for me and the taste was not that praise-worthy but it was good enough. What is also great is that it is in front of Josephine’s Restaurant and beside Promenade where you can hang out and eat. Overall, I would very much recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robi C
Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay in Summit Ridge. All rooms had a view of taal lake and volcano. Service was excellent with the corteous staff. Very clean rooms. Food wasnt that special but good enough. Highly recommended when staying in Tagaytay

• Stayed April 2012