“Hotel for the dwarfs” 3 of 5 bubbles

One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
“Hotel for the dwarfs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

The hotel is relatively new that's why it's still nice to stay.

I am not so comfortable with the hotel though because everything seems to be so small (the lobby, the room, the bed and the pool)

Positive: we had our breakfast at their function room and they have a good spread of viand. The staff are all friendly and courteous

>> ( if I may add FO should not wear super short skirts it's not professional to look at, just a suggestion)

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Fullytravelled
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

we had our accomodation last february 05'12. we stayed at a deluxe room. the size of the room is tolerable but the size of the bathroom is unacceptable. its too small that i'm having a hard time moving in the area. the hotel staff are a bit snobbish. we enjoyed our stay on our own.

• Stayed February 2012
Nueva Ecija Province, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I originally booked a twin deluxe room in this hotel since its the only available room in the reservation site, but when we arrived, the receptionist agreed to change it to double deluxe w/o hesitation or only because it was during weekdays. As we enter our room we were shocked that the room is somewhat small, but the bed and sheets are very comfy. Another thing I loved is their infinity pool overlooking the hills. They offer buffet breakfast but fewer choices only. Overall our stay is good, but not good enough for a four star hotel.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank aizer20
manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Spent overnight in this hotel on Feb 26, 2012. Check-in was a breeze. I think the owner was there to oversee my check-in process. She was very hands-on in running her hotel. The room was clean, hot shower (but you have to wait a few mins before it gets hot). Staff are so friendly. All staff will greet you when you pass by each of them. That's how special they'll make you feel. Pool on the rooftop was cute. I really like the feel in the room. No problems with that. Checkout was a bit disappointing because they don't provide late checkout even with payment. You'll be charged the whole day if you extend after 1pm. :( I was planning to leave the hotel by 5pm even if I pay extra but their policy made me leave 10 mins before 1.

major con- you can hear the conversation on the other room. I agree with some of the posts here that they should at least soundproof their walls. Or maybe what we got was a connecting room and the other room can be heard through the door. I even think they're having sex and I can hear their moans. What if I had children with me?

I will definitely come back to this hotel only if they guarantee me an empty room beside my room. Everything else was superb. Breakfast is buffet filipino breakfast. Staff are so courteous but will gossip altogether about you behind your back. haha. But it's ok. All in all, I still love this hotel

Room Tip: do not get a connecting room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank khrise
Makati
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I promised to be objective in all my reviews and I'm not going to butter anything up. This happened on February 26 - 27, 2012.
GOOD:
When we got there, everyone was smiling and courteous - from the bellman, front desk peopls and service masters. The bellman immediately offered to assist us in carrying our bags, and left our room with a smile on his face. The service masters that we met in the corridor all said good afternoon or good evening. The room size was okay (we stayed at room 412). The people who checked and replaced the fridge were prompt and apologetic. Having robes in the room was nice and the 7/11 right infront of the road was conveniently located for the guests.

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT:
The room smelled like a sewer when we got back. The smell seemed to have come from the bathroom's drain. We turned on the bathroom vent and opened the sliding glass door leading to the verandah to air the stink out. The rooms need to be sound-proofed. We were able to hear the conversations, sounds from the tv, and foot steps of the people outside and from the room beside ours. This is on top of my "Annoy Nina" list. We even though that there were some people quarelling in the hallway 'coz they were really noisy, only to find out that the 4 rooms beside and surrounding ours were occupied by people who knew each other (probably a team building of some sort). They were talking really loudly while standing just right outside the doors of their rooms - which went on intermittently throughout the night. I'm not blaming the rowdy and inappropriate behavior of the visitors on One Tagaytay Place, but maybe some visitors need to be reminded that they shouldn't speak too loudly in the corridor. Here's one important fact: If the rooms were made in a way that noise from the other room and outside can't be heard from inside, that wouldn't have been a problem. The light bulb in the verandah was busted. The shampoo in the bathroom seems to have already been used (it was 3/4 full). The ladies who were supposed to welcome us at breakfast didn't appear welcoming at all. There was no smile, no good morning, and these ladies did not say "thank you" or "I apologize/I'm sorry" after we repeated our room number thrice. The drinking glasses had a lot of dust in it, probably because these were placed right beside the air vent of the juice machine. There wasn't anything special about breakfast. Upon checkout, were weren't told that we've already been cleared, so we sat there waiting for their go signal. After about 15 minutes, my companion asked if clearing us will take a longer time. That's when they told us that we can already leave. Oh, the WiFi had issues too. We kept calling the front desk and they kept saying that the router's being reset and would work in 20 minutes - but actually worked after 3 hours.
The experience wasn't horrendous, though I wouldn't consider going back there again. If you've had a good One Tagaytay Place experience, good for you. I and my companion didn't.

I've blogged about this in my website: http://www.theintrovertdj.com/apps/blog/one-tagaytay-place-could-be-better

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Nina D

Travellers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels