“A Gem in my backyard”

Seabreeze Kite Club
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Banda Aceh
More attraction details
Owner description: Seabreeze Kite Club in Aceh, Indonesia and Siargao, Philippines brings kiteboarders from complete beginners to riders who come to take kite surfing lessons,rip-up the waves, or just chill out and watch the show that is Kite Beach. This is just a few minutes walk from your accommodation at Yudi's Placein Lhoknga, Aceh, Indonesia and Kermit Surfcamp in Siargao, Philippines. Comprised of a friendly staff of fully qualified IKO Instructors Seabreeze Kite Club offers the very best of kite lessons.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 31 May 2016

Wow, what an awesome spot just a stones throw from where I live Penang. Now I know where to get good winds, great company and tranquility. The bay is fantastic, the reef breakers and rollers that come through are just what the doctor ordered to learn and improve your wave riding.Thank you Terence for inviting me along, and a big thanks to Maurice for his hospitality. The new beach bar has just been finished and is excellent. Big plus was, I was the first of the season on the water.....:)

2  Thank Christopher C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Seabreeze Kite Club

Reviewed 22 April 2016

I've been wandering to learn kite surfing for a few years. And its surprisingly delightful when out of nowhere i found out Maurice and his team decided to open a kite surf club in my hometown Lhoknga- Aceh.
And its the best decision ever to get my kiting lesson from Maurice and his team. They are EXPERT! Thats all. They are very kind and warm, very welcome, know what they are talking about, give you confident and challenges. Best thing you can ask for a kite guru.
Seabreeze club camp is nicely located at the beautiful lhoknga beach, nice and friendly atmosphere to chill out after a kite session, or just hang out with fellow kite enthusiastic waiting for the wind.

Cannot wait to start the next kite seasson! ;)

Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

So happy I heard from fellow travellers about this place! I can absolutely recommend (learning) to kite here! Maurice knows exactly what he is talking about and not only shares his knowledge but also gives you the convidence that you can do it. I learned so much and felt safe and at the same time challenged. He completely adapts his lessons to your personal style of learning and pace. With a big smile he told me that I would be hooked for life after his classes, well...guess he's right! The sport and the enthusiasm of his team is really contagious!
I was there at the end of the season so it wasnt very busy (which I personally appreciated) but they create a nice little atmosphere with some music and a small hangout place. Wish I could have stayed longer!

1  Thank Martine R
Reviewed 23 August 2015

The teaching lessons where top notch. The progression is very fast but you feel it's very natural and they don't push you farther than you can manage. Once you are comfortable enough to be on your own, they still take care of you and they are diligent at providing help and giving advices.
The spot is also very beautiful and safe and everyone is friendly and easy going.
Definitely a very good place to learn kitesurfing !

1  Thank Julien P
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Maurice, Joanna, Saddam and my main teacher Alex contributed a lot to me becoming a confident kite surfer. Before I could handle surfing in shallow waters with no waves. My upwind riding was not stable. The team lifted this to another level. They provided me a lot of insights in theory, practical application and overall help. This also didn't stop after my course was over. I feel now self dependent and confident and this also lets me enjoy kite surfing much more than before. The atmosphere was like staying with a group of kite enthusiastic friends. The hut at the beach is a great place to take a break, have drinks and food, chat and chill out in the evening. I am looking forward to my next stay with Seabreeze Kite Club!