“Lots of disappointment”
Review of Grand Gardenia

Grand Gardenia
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Tiruchirappall...
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed in Gardenia on 31st March 2012 on our way to kumbakonam . We drove down from bangalore and the plan was to check-in in the noon and spend an afternoon in Trichy before leaving for kumbakonam next day morning . We reached aound 1.30 PM in the afternoon . What you see in the front is the entrance to the resturant and not the reception . We parked the car and pulled our luggage out and started searching for the entrance to the reception . No one was there to guide us . Finaly asked the security and he showed us the way to the reception . Checked in and we requested for a service to bring our luggage to the room . The receptionist response was very lethergic "No one is available". We requested the bell boy to help us and he promptly did. The lunch was good in the chetinaad resturant . We visited a few temples and came back to the hotel in the night . We removed the quilt on top of the bed and was shocked to notice that the bed was full of hairs and dirty . After the last occupabt vaccated they have not changed the sheet nor bothered to clean it up properly . We were forced to call the house keeping in the night 10.00 PM to make a request to change the sheet . Our child was dead tired after a long drive from bangalore and was very uncomfortable. Finally the sheets were changed and we could go to bed sleep at 10.30 . Morning we went to have our complimentry breakfast . The service there was again disappointing . We have reming thrice to get our "Dosa" . Unfortunately we took a seat end of the row and people serving happily ignored us until we brought it to the notice of the manager . It took about 1 hour for us to complete our breakfast . We decided to check-out and carried all our luggage to the reception . I gave my Credit card for settling the bill but the machine was not accepting . The receptionist asked for another card . We gave my wife's SBI debit card .. The transaction was accpted but the printout was not coming . The recptionist clueless and want to swioe the card again . We stopped her and questioned what will happen to the previous transaction which was approved by the bank. She had no answer . I requested that let some one who is familiar with cards come and settle our bills . The response was "No one is available" She spoke to some one in the phone and informed that this transaction will be treated as unsucessfull and our bank account will not be credited . Finally i gave my another debit card and cleared the bill . On reaching back to bangalore what we found was that both my and my wife's cards has been debited with the Bill amount on 01st of Apr and fortunately my wifes transaction was reversed on 09th April by the hotel . .

Over all our experience was pretty bad .. We had plans to do a stopover on the same hotel on our return but my wife and kid refused to come back to this hotel

Room Tip: They have an excellant resturant attached to this hotel in the ground floor .
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Shankar_15

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We flew late one night from singapore. It was about 1 in the morning when we checked in. Checking in was prompt. All we wanted was a cup of coffee. We were given a wonderful cuppa in short time. The breakfast was very good choices of western and tamil nadu breakfast usuals like idly, dosa, vadai and appam. We loved our coffee very much. Better than coffee in Kerala.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank puspanathan
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We decided to stay at this hotel when we busted Trichy based on Trip Advisor Reviews. We stayed for 4 nights and were very pleased with the clean modern rooms and extremely comfortable beds. Not hard. A good nights sleep means a good next day for me. We also found the staff to be very friendly and helpful in all our requests. When we needed a car for getting to a sight seeing temple day we got one and at a reasonable price. The food in the resturant to good and again at a fair price. No unpleasant surprises at this hotel and the cost for a room is very fair. We headed from Trichy to Thanjavur for several days there.
We needed to return to Trichy to fly to Chennai so where did we return to. Yes... The Grand Gardenia. The best indicator of a hotels quality is return customers. I am writing this as I am enjoying this hotel for a second time. Again a great experience and no unpleasant surprises.
Take my advice and stay here for a great experience at a reasonable cost.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This hotel is modern and clean! When I arrived late in the day they were happy to do my laundry even though it was way past their deadline, and they turned it around in two hours!
What’s to see from the rooftop restaurant , just traffic on the interchange , but somehow that was fun!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2012

My search for a good hotel came to and end in Trichy with Grand Gardenia. The rooms are clean and properly maintained. The bed was too comfortable. The staff was too good and the service was pleasing except the one during the check in. While I reached the hotel in the early morning, the front office staff had a long discussion among themself and I had no clue wat was going on and they didnt respond to my check in for a long time. The front office staff was not that fluent in english but she was speaking only in english even when we both know the local language

But once i completed my check in the service of other staff was too good, So the small incident during the check in was not a big deal.... But when I visited next time I didnt even hav the problem during check In

This shows the attitude of the improvement in service.... So keep up Guys

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo