“Hotel Kashmiri Style”

Ranked #2 of 19 Gulmarg B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Hotel Kashmiri Style”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

When you're staying in a place located at one of the far corners of India you don't have much choice but to lower your standards. So in reviewing this place I'll put that in high consideration. For a place that classifies itself as a hotel this is the most laidback hotel I've ever been in. It looks more like an inn rather than a hotel. Spending a few days in this place you could clearly see that only a handful of people (more or less 10) actually run the whole place. I'd know because they would all gather around the TV in the dining room during lunch or dinner service. Maybe its because there were probably less than 10 guests checked in during this time that the whole staff felt more relaxed. This didn't bother me much since I was travelling alone and I could use the company to keep me entertained. The one thing that really bothered me during my stay was that the heater in the room wasn't working most of the time and considering the whole place was knee-deep in snow a heater is extremely important. I still don't remember how I got by it but I remember falling asleep shivering under the blankets on more than one occassion. I had this reported to the guys and had it checked out but it seems there wasn't anything they could do at the time. Didn't bother with it much after that since I'd be out skiing most of the time anyway. I did appreciate though the wifi in the dining area which kept me preoccupied at nights when there was absolutely nothing to do. Upon checking out I was surprised to find out they accepted credit cards since searching for an ATM is very tricky in this kind of place. Nothing really stood out for me during my entire stay and I probably won't go back since I found other cabins in the area that were a whole lot cheaper with better no-fuss service in traditional kashmiri style which suited my taste.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank drmcflurry
Fluorescence_Gulmarg, General Manager at Fluorescence, responded to this review, 16 March 2015
Dear Valuable Guest !
We are thanking you for your valuable words, which you have written for us in your precious time to make us more vigilant,improved & confident ,regarding our services & all ....And we are are assuring you, about our best possible services, as we are always trying to make our valuable guests feel at home.....
Once again ,we are thanking you ..
With warm regards
Wahid Ali
GM, Fluorescence Hotel & Restaurant Gulmarg
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)