Open today: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Kilimanjaro Rongai route

I just returned from my Kilimanjaro climb that was booked with African Scenic Safaris. It was an... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
LucasPotg1eter
Phalaborwa, South Africa
Journey of our lifetime!

Our 7-day family safari tour to Serengeti and Ngorongoro was a journey of our lifetime! Thank you... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
bojanjevtic

Recommended experiences in and around Moshi
from $100.00
from $1,300.00
from $644.22
from $2,185.90
More Info
All reviews northern serengeti lake eyasi day safari camping safari driver guide spot animals his knowledge guide jackson an amazing experience great eye our honeymoon amazing safari herd of elephants tarangire national park highly recommend this company say goodbye kilimanjaro climb
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 March 2020

From the very beginning of our experience, African Scenic was flawless. Rhiannon and Simbo helped us decide on the best route for us and on our requirements to give ourselves the best opportunity to summit. We chose the 8 day Lemosha with crater camp which we were excited about. On the trek the support and thoughtfulness by Joel our head guide and Emmanuel and Thomas, assistant guide was exceptional. They took into account our individual needs of our group and were very calm and experienced in dealing with our concerns. On my accent which I found difficult, I knew I would have to take it slow to finish, Thomas walked with me behind the rest of the group. His patience and friendly chatter kept me motivated and helped me make it down the mountain.
Tomsipho, head of camp and the crew of porters efficiently carried our tents, bags, equipment, food, usually on their head, leaving after us each day and then later passing us, always smiling and encouraging us, and then setting up the next camp before we arrived. Albert cooked the best meals for us, which was always welcome after hours of trekking. I only recently read how challenging it is to cook meals at high altitude which makes be realise how exceptional Albert’s food was, as no matter what the altitude was the food was delicious. To top it off our meals were served by Praygod who was friendly and chatty which lifted our spirits on days where we were exhausted. We loved the wake up coffees which definitely got us going in the mornings.
African Scenic is professional and the genuine care shown to us made our experience unforgettable. We feel privileged to have experienced Mount Kilimanjaro with African Scenic and met such an amazing group of people. Thank you so much.

1  Thank pammerredew
Scenicsafaris66, Director of Sales at African Scenic Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2020

Dear Pam,

We are so happy to read this review of African Scenic Kilimanjaro team and information about your climb so congratulations for making it. We are pleased to hear that our team gave you the the best advise for the route to choose and that the guides took good care of you and supported you through this challenging time.

Our teams work together to encourage clients and motivate them to get to the top and the cooks are amazing at preparing lovely dishes. All of the team make sure that the climb is up beat and fun. The staff work hard to make sure you are all comfortable and we are so delighted that we were able to achieve this.

We thank you for taking the time to give your review and recommending our company

Kind Regards

Simba and the African Scenic Safaris Team

Reviewed 6 March 2020

Wow. I don’t know where to start. What an incredible adventure, made so because of the amazing team at African Scenic Safaris. They were so friendly & professional. The guides were knowledgeable, friendly, encouraging and warm. They were always bringing out the best in us when things got tough and lifting our spirits with laughter, song and kindness. The food was delicious and plentiful, the waiters I miss so much, bringing me ginger tea! The porters were also professional, fast in setting up and dismantling camp, & friendly along the way. If you want the best experience from start to finish, with a team that treats their staff and guests so well, please look no further than African Scenic Safari.

Thank you so much Antipas, Godfrey, Mary, Rapha, Dixon, Peter, Nesto and the whole crew who made this a trip of a lifetime.

Date of experience: February 2020
Scenicsafaris66, Director of Sales at African Scenic Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Dear Guest,

We are so delighted to read your review of your Kilimanjaro climb with our team - and that it was a fantastic experience for you with the lovely food, the kindness and warm nature of the team as well as the quick working porters making sure everything was ready and in place.

It is important on such a difficult climb that everyone in the team provides that supportive environment so that when guests climb they feel cared for and motivated to reach the top

Thank you for acknowledging the team and their spirit and hard work

We hope to see you again in Tanzania

Simbo and the African Scenic Safaris Team

Reviewed 26 February 2020

We just experienced the most magical family safari holiday with African Sceneic Safari. Our guide,Tom, was THE BEST!!! We travelled with our 10 year old and 8 year old as well as our mom. We saw a wildebeest birth, a cheetah chase and catch its prey, every animal on our list. Stayed at incredible lodges. Learned about the land, animals, maasai. We to visit and orphanage. So many laughs and memories that were made extra special because of this company and more so because of Tom. We recommend you book your safari through African Scenic Safari for a trip of a lifetime.

Reviewed 26 February 2020 via mobile

This was a life changing experience for me and my 19 yo daughter. Conditions were tough as expected at such high altitude, but I’ve never felt so welcome and well cared for. We received excellent practical and sensible advice from Simbo and our chief guide Antipas before we set off. Throughout the trek Antipas, and his other capable, calm and very experienced colleagues ( Mary, Nestor and Goodwin) checked on every aspect of our physical well being, symptoms of altitude sickness, kept us up to date and inspired us to keep going for the difficult bits. There was a lot of laughing, dancing and singing which seemed to happen when we needed it most. The cooks, waiters and porters were unfailingly cheerful and showed extreme thoughtfulness in small gestures constantly. We especially enjoyed being given a steamy mug of ginger tea in our tents from gorgeous Rafa in the early mornings.

Equipment provision was excellent and reasonably priced. If I realised this I would have just hired when I got here and lightened my luggage.

Physical preparation, being responsible and accepting advice and help is crucial to a successful trip. The people of Tanzania know their mountain well and take great pride and pleasure in sharing with you. To me joining this tour was an enormous pleasure and privilege

Dear Guest,

It is lovely to received this review of your Kilimanjaro climb with the African Scenic Safaris team who are skilled in all aspects of the climb and keeping everyone well fed, happy and supportive even during the difficult days when tiredness and altitude sickness can really take its toll.

The team work hard to provide encouragement and even sing and dance to make sure guests keep up their spirits and forget all their aches and pains. That kind of morale is very important and it is provides a welcome lift from the challenging conditions,

Thank you for your recommendation about hiring equipment from us when you get here and also the tips for those who will climb in the future

We are so happy you had a wonderful climb and hope you will return to Tanzania in the future

Many thanks

Simbo and the Africa Scenic Safaris Team

Reviewed 24 February 2020

I cannot recommend African Scenic Safari highly enough. I was apart of a group of 10 amateur hikers from UNICEF Australia led to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro by Antipas and his team of 33. 33 people I will forever be in debt too. 33 people that were right beside me in every way possible to make this once a lifetime adventure incredible and unforgettable.

Every single member of our African Scenic Safari team went above and beyond to do whatever they could at every moment to make every aspect of the experience the best it could possibly be. It is clear that the entire team acts with genuine kindness, a love for their job and pride in ensuring every adventurer has an incredible experience.

The wonderful people that made up our African Scenic Safari team is what made my experience of summiting such a challenging mountain as magical as it was, I can’t imagine having done it without them. It makes me so sad to think that our paths may never cross again but I will forever cherish the experience and memories the African Scenic Safari gifted me with.

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review of your Kilimanjaro climb with African Scenic Safaris. We are so humbled to hear that that the whole experience left you with such lovely memories of achieving such a challenging climb.

We believe in treating our porters well and this is why we are members of KPAP and the International Mountain Explorers Connection(IMEC).  This means we are one of the leading companies in providing fair treatment and conditions for our porters.  We pay them great salaries and ensure they have adequate clothing/sleeping conditions etc.  In return, they love working for us and are totally dedicated to providing a fantastic climb.

We are so pleased that they went above and beyond your expectation.

If you wish to come back to Tanzania again to do a safari or another climb, please let us know as we would be delighted to see you here again

Simbo and the Africa Scenic Safaris Team