“Great Company Led by Great People”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Njari Treks & Safaris
Ranked #128 of 230 Outdoor Activities in Moshi
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a local tour company based in Moshi that is dedicated in offering quality safaris, treks up the Kilimanjaro and tours.
Reviewed 28 March 2016

If you are interested in being led by a company that provides a heartening personal touch while giving you a great chance at reaching the top of Kilimanjaro, choose Njari. If you interested in using a personal toilet while climbing Kilimanjaro, choose a different company.

Ms. Teddy and her staff were incredibly kind, thorough, and organized with our Kilimanjaro trek. I was arriving in the Moshi bus terminal from a different region of Tanzania, and one of her staff met me there to escort me to our hotel. The day before we started our climb, we had a very detailed briefing from Sinai, our guide. At night, Ms. Teddy and two of her staff accompanied us to dinner, and made us feel at ease about the impending climb. During the climb, our group got everything we needed in order to be successful. Plenty of food, great instruction, great pacing, and a lot of fun with our guides and porters. After we returned from climbing, Ms. Teddy and her staff met us at the gate and insisted on taking many pictures. That night, our group and the Njari staff had dinner again, and a good time was had by all.

The accommodations provided by Njari are not luxurious, but they give you everything you need to be successful and I am confident that spending several hundred dollars extra with another company would not give you any advantage, whatsoever, over climbers who are working with Njari.

I was really impressed with the professionalism of Njari and if I were to climb Kilimanjaro another hundred times, I'd choose them each time. As my friend said in the previous review, Njari is run exclusively by women and they have done a fantastic job distinguishing themselves in an industry where there are not many women. If you go with Njari, you will be very pleased.

Reviewed 11 March 2016

I reached out to Njari to organize a seven day hike up Kilimanjaro on the Lemosho route. Miss Teddy and her team responded quickly to every email I sent and provided valuable information prior to the trip. In Tanzania, Njari provided an excellent experience and service to my group. They organized a strong team led by head guide Sinai and assistant guide Stefano, both of whom were excellent and ensured that we reached the summit of Kilimanjaro successfully and safely. Njari provided good food and equipment as well, and accommodated a vegetarian member of our group. Njari was flexible with our requests, and also arranged a safari to the Ngorongoro Crater at the last minute. I would strongly recommend Njari as a professional, competent, and affordable option for your Kilimanjaro hike and other adventures in Tanzania. I also would like to promote Njari as a woman-owned business in a male-dominated industry.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Myself and my partner arranged to climb mount Kilimanjaro with Njari tours. I emailed the owner, Teddy directly to arrange the trip because her company had been highly recommended to me by a friend who previously climbed Kili with Njari.

We arranged a 6-day climb on the Marangu route. We had an excellent team which included two excellent guides Rapha and Sinai who were very friendly and knowledgeable. They made the climb much more enjoyable by teaching us Swahili as we went along.

They helped us to successfully reach the summit a day ahead of schedule which gave us an extra night to relax in the hotel :)

A few days later Teddy herself brought us on a day trip to visit a Chagga village on the slopes of Kilimanjaro. This was an amazing tour where we got to visit a coffee plantation, try the local chagga dishes (including banana beer), visit an old Chagga cave and an old Chagga house. It must be said that the Chagga people were some of the most welcoming and friendly people I have ever met.

All in all Njari treks made our visit to Tanzania very special, and one we will never forget. They were brilliant from the time they greeted us at Kilimanjaro airport to the time they dropped us back to the airport from our hotel and everything in between. If you are thinking about climbing mount Kilimanjaro, I would highly recommend you get in touch with Njari Treks & Safaris.

Reviewed 6 January 2015 via mobile

We have been working in Moshi area for several months when we wanted to climb mt. Kili. After this time you know quite a bit about the way of doing business here. We met Teddy on our way to another company and asked her offer. She really made us students a good offer, realizing the student budget. She is very honest about costs etc. and included all necessary clothing and equipment (wr didn't bring anything...). We chose the most basic options and got great value for our money! We all made it to the top with thanks to the guides! She had much more good reviews in her guestbook which can be read in her office! Thanks Teddy!

1  Thank ErikI103
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 December 2014

My partner and I did a 6-day safari in western Tanzania with Njari Treks and Safaris. The owner Teddy had sent us a great guide/driver and a cook that really did his best to make nice and varying meals every day. The guide had an amazing knowledge of nature! He gave us an explanation on every animal we saw, he even had some birds and mammal books in the car to show us pictures. He knew his way around in every park we visited en tried to show us all the animals we wanted to see, small (e.g. little birds) or big (we saw the big five!). We can definitely recommend Teddy and her team!