Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 120
Free cancellation until 26/06/21
eDreamsUS$ 120
PricelineUS$ 130
Orbitz.comUS$ 117
All reviews indian dishes moshi area air conditioning large group two nights his team rooms are spacious gym raj lodge safari tanzania storks kilimanjaro director wifi climb
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 April 2020

Stayed here with my wife, for one night, as part of a business trip to the area.

Our general impression was that the stay was pleasant enough but that we would probably look elsewhere if returning to the area.

The format is fairly typical for rural East African hotels - a central area surrounded by cottages spread out across the grounds.

The grounds we nice but needed some care and attention. The buildings also had a run down feel.
The two exceptions were the massive (but empty of people) and well equipped exercise room, and the pool, which was very nice.

The room was ok. No hot water on arrival, reported to front desk, but still no hot water when we left (next day). One of the windows would not close, but air conditioning was good, and beds had nets.

Had dinner at the restaurant and it was very good (fish curry was excellent) and service was also very good.

In summary, our stay was pleasant enough. With an injection of money, this could be a lovely hotel.

Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2020

Accommodations were provided for two nights during my holiday to Tanzania. The rooms were great, pool and lounge area were fantastic, but by far the most remarkable attribute of the Ameg Lodge was their incredibly friendly staff that was committed to our stay being the best it could possibly be. The restaurant in the facility was overall pretty good, offering a variety of meals with a focus on Indian Cuisine. Highly Recommend!!

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 22 March 2020

I stayed here for four nights in Feb 2020. The hotel was nice enough, but there was considerable confusion around a booking I had already paid for that ended in another guest needing to move hotels.

Worst however was losing my laundry - I had a lot of expensive climbing gear and clothes for my travel after climbing Kili.

A pair of $150 jeans were lost in the wash. I was told I hadn't put them in. I also lost a $40 sock. Instead, I had someone else's socks in my washing, and some other persons trekking pants. I didn't hear back from them, and left without any update or refund. I took it as a part of travelling and moved on, but it definitely could have been handled better.

Room tip: You won't have a choice.
Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 4 March 2020 via mobile

We stayed for 2 weeks.
For one of those weeks I was on my own at Ameg Lodge whilst my Husband climed Kilimanjaro with Team Vodafone & I can safely say that Raj & his team took very good care of me. I was always greated by name & a beaming smile and all staff anticipated my every need,nothing was too much trouble.
We stayed in a Junior Suite which was well worth the money with a fabulously sumptuous bed, great WiFi & a lovely veranda overlooking mature well cared for gardens.
To be visited by Storks, Pygmy hedgehogs and an abundance of wild birds was just amazing whilst bathing round the lovely pool.
The pool is currently being upgraded after storm damage but it in no way distracted from the beauty.
Most days I had the pool to myself as a lot of people come to climb so it was exceptionally peaceful.
The food was excellent and very reasonably priced with a daily buffet but additional menu.
I'm not a Pizza lover but the chilli pizza was amazing & everying is fresh & homecooked.I didn't feel the need to visit other restaurants in the area as this is bathed in fairy lights and has an element of romance.
Very handy on Valantines night.
Taxi drivers are all vetted by the hotel and are very trustworthy.
All staff work exceptionally hard to make your stay the best.
I felt very much at home & cared for & it was lovely to get a glimpse of Kilimanjaro from my room.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2020

I stayed at this lodge on and off for total 3 nights while in town on vacation. Diana at the front desk quickly memorized my name and she was there whenever I needed anything. Welcome juice was quite tasty. I enjoyed it very much. When I came back after safari, a group of Americans were there to check in and they look unsure about the cleanliness of the juice. I think it will be helpful to explain that water is filtered before offering juice or anything uncooked to someone new to the area.

First room assigned was okay, I packed my own slippers to wear around the room and I was fine. The second room assigned was much cleaner, I wondered if they remodeled some of the rooms are and are still in progress.

I enjoyed eating at the restaurant every morning and evening. Evening is buffet and from the menu available. If you come in a large group, it is ideal to eat from buffet to save time. I opted to order small individual size from menu and I really enjoyed some of the Indian dishes. It's not spicy like Indian food but had enough flavor to it, all of them were good. Butter Chicken may be my favorite.

I like their pool and the gym. I came to town to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. I still had a few days before, so it was nice to be able to work out at the gym. It helped me get over the jet lag fairly quick by working out at the gym in the morning.

I also stayed at different hotels during this visit and compared to others, this lodge holds high standard when it comes to cleanliness. Their mattress is much more comfortable than other hotels I stayed. I missed AMEG while I had to stay somewhere else.

A couple of miles away from town center but small grocery store is within a walking distance where they also sell coffees to take home.

Date of stay: January 2020