Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
US$ 26
View deal
Expedia.comUS$ 26
TravelocityUS$ 26
CheapTicketsUS$ 26
Orbitz.comUS$ 26
TripadvisorUS$ 26
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2021

We stayed here and the owner Timotht couldn't have been more accommodating to us. Rooms were very clean, good mosquito nets and decent showers. Timothy also helped us arrange safaris for a very good price and drove us to Arusha to begin it. Food was very good as well. Recommend this place very highly, lovely homely atmosphere with kind staff. Timothy was great at organizing other activities such as Kilimajaro and various tours also!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

Similar to others we were put here after the Secret Garden overbooked.

It looks relatively new with en-suite rooms. Mosquito nets were new with no holes, not something you always find in budget options. Room was small for a triple but would have been fine for two. Beds were not the comfy and the hot water was not reliable.
Breakfast was the standard fruit, eggs, toast.
The best thing was that we needed to get into town early for the marathon and the owner drove us into town at 6am. He also gave us a lift when a taxi did not show.
It is on a fairly busy road but further out of town than we wanted.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2020

This is the hotel you get put to by The Secret Garden when they decide to give your prebooked room away to someone else. You don't want that. Avoid both these places. If you want a comfortable bed, go somewhere else. If you want a warm shower, go somewhere else. If you want to get any sleep without music blaring through your room, go somewhere else. If you want to feel safe, go somewhere else. If you want breakfast at the arranged time without the owner having to get his door knocked on to get him out of bed then to watch him have to get in his car and go buy the food before cooking it, go somewhere else. In short, go somewhere else, not here & not the Secret Garden.

Room tip: Don't accept the first room they offer (the cupboard) and you might be lucky enough to get a slightly bigger room
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 20 January 2020

I was redirected to the Comfy Stay Hotel after the Secret Garden Hotel was fully booked. Both hotels share the same owner.

I wasn’t really happy about it as I already booking more than 3 months in advance. I did not understand why I had to leave. The Comfy Stay Hotel was not as nice as the Secret Garden (found out later), despite the nice internet connection up into the rooms. I had a cold shower on the morning before starting the Kilimanjaro climb. After paying at the bar with 5 dollars, they asked me whether they could give the change back later, but they never did. Not that I cared about the money, but the happening wasn’t that nice.

I hope a better stay for other tourists.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2020

We stayed here for one night because the electricity at our other hotel wasn't working. I cannot recommend this place enough. It is comfortable, the people are so kind and welcoming, the food is great, and the view of Kilimanjaro is amazing. Timothy is the best guide and a true friend.

Date of stay: December 2019