Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2019 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Leopard hotel for a week. Generally, my experience is positive. The majority of the staff are friendly and welcoming - especially the restaurant staff!

The food is quite over priced for moshi - but it is good.

My room was comfortable. Large bed, working TV and a basic bathroom with a hot shower.

There is good WiFi which worked for the most part.

My bill was $315. I withdrew $330 dollars from the bank and changed this to tz shillings. I was VERY shocked at the exchange rate the hotel use - they tried to charge me almost $40 extra due to the exchange rate that they use - it is MUCH higher than what banks use. I categorically refused to pay the extra - eventually it was agreed that I could use the exchange rate the bank use, however, they made it clear that this was not the norm. This was disappointing as otherwise I had a really enjoyable stay.

Overall, I would stay again.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank X5693DUshannonm
Reviewed 5 July 2019

My family and I stayed here 4 nights between Safari and climbing the big mountain. I personally was in 3 different rooms. The staff was welcoming and helpful but we had issues with hot water, having enough towels for the number of people in the room (2). Internet service was inconsistent or sometimes not available at all. Some of the rooms are noisier than others including the 0445 prayer from down the street. It was more comfortable than camping!

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2019

We stayed here before and after our Kilimanjaro adventure. The staff are great, very friendly and willing to do anything to assist. Sometimes accented English (both ours and theirs) was a little obstacle, but patience and kindness always won out. Rooms were good, very clean. Reviews from Matt L and vossellerfaerie were very accurate and reflected our experience. Our package included breakfast, which was always good. Lunch and dinner could be more of an adventure, but the French Fries were always a safe bet and very good.

Room tip: Rooms away from the street are quieter.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2019 via mobile

For $50 it was a great starting and stopping point for my climb on Kilamanjaro. Staff was very friendly, but we struggled a little with accents. When my bus left very early the staff was willing to make breakfast for me before the restaurant opened - no extra charge. The community is very busy around the hotel if you decide to wander around. I felt safe, but definitely realized that anything I bought in town carried a "white man tax."

Anyways, I will stay here again. The facility, staff, and restaurant we're a good value

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Matt L
Reviewed 23 March 2019 via mobile

Leopard hotel is a lovely place. Located central to most places in moshi including the bus station nearby. The rooms are clean and fresh with all the essential amenities. Staff are friendly and helpful. There is a nice atmosphere here. Check put the roof terrace for a great view of Kilimanjaro.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple