Ways to Experience Jerry Tanzania Tours
from US$ 1,309.00
from US$ 660.00
from US$ 1,800.00
More Info
All reviews climbing mount kilimanjaro tanzania support company equipment
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 February 2018

My wife wanted to hike Mt. Kilimanjaro and summit on her 35th birthday so that's what we did. It was an epic experience and more difficult than I expected. However, I cannot say enough about how great our Jerry Tanzania Tours crew was and how they kept us safe and as comfortable as possible.

We selected the longer 8 day Lemosho trail for the more gradual climb and better chance for acclimatization. Each day excluding summit day consisted of 3 - 5 hour hikes. Our head guide, Antony, always briefed us during breakfast, lunch and dinner about the day's hike that we just completed and what's to come. He was always concerned about our health and asked how we felt. It's important that we stayed healthy because he really wanted us to be successful and reach our ultimate goal of summiting the mountain.

Summit Day was a long grueling 8 hours and 50 minutes hike through the darkness and blizzard. Once the sun crept out of the horizon, it gave us all the extra push to make it to Stella point. Reaching the summit was an indescribable feeling. Euphoric.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Our group of 4 adults trekked with Jerry Tanzania Tours via the Rongai route in January. We did the route in 7 days and 6 nights. This provided an additional day for acclimatization which we were very thankful to have.

The Rongai route is a quiet approach which is only used for ascent (you trek back down the Marangu route) so you don't pass people on their way down, and while we were climbing there were only two other small group on the route so campsites were very spacious and quiet at night. We found the scenery on our climb very beautiful, particularly the view of the snowcapped peak looming closer each day. There are lots of different plants to look at as you continue up the mountain, and the chance to spot some wildlife especially on the way down.

The hike was organized perfectly. After our daily hikes we would arrive to the camp and our tents were already set up. Warm water was provided for washing every day. We were impresses by the amount and quality of food they served us.

All in all I am more than happy to recommend them to anyone who wants an amazing experience on Kilimanjaro!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 7 January 2018

My family and I booked a trip through Jerry Tanzania Tours in mid of December using the Machame route. The four of us have been on several hikes before and this company took it above and beyond. This was hugely because of our amazing guides (Antony and Mremi) and their team. They were so welcoming and helpful, always answered our questions and taught us facts along the way, it made the whole experience very enjoyable. The porters and cooks worked very hard through harsh weather conditions and we always had our tents set up dry and warm tea and coffee waiting for us upon arrival. They even carried hot tea on the summit day and would serve it to us along the way! Everyone in our group agreed that without them, we would not make it to the top. Overall a very positive experience.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

My friend and I summited Kili via eight-days Lemosho/Northern Circuit route with Jerry Tanzania Tours. I strongly recommend this route as it was quiet route that lets you get close to a remote, serene mountain beauty that I didn't expect to encounter climbing such a popular mountain.They provided our excellent guides, Mremi and Robert, an extraordinary cook who kept us well fed with delicious meals, and a great support staff of camp helpers and porters who worked so hard all week to keep us going and we trusted the entire team throughout our trip. We were well acclimatized by summit night and had no issues at all with mountain sickness. The climb was tough, but the descent, for me, was the really hard part. Sore knees and toes kept us from going all the way to Mweka camp for our final night, but after a restful night at Millennium camp, we were ready to hike out the next day. We highly recommend Jerry to anyone.

Date of experience: November 2017