Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful Safari, sleep among the hippos and lions, terrific wildlife, super competent and kowledgeable guide!

We did a safari tour with a great guy named Kimondo. He was very friendly, chill, and flexible! He... read more

Reviewed yesterday
SwissImpala
A Polé Polé adventure

The hike was very well organized, the guides Erick and Yahyi very friendly, competent, and... read more

Reviewed yesterday
SwissImpala

Recommended experiences in and around Moshi
from US$ 145.00
from US$ 2,564.11
from US$ 54.49
Moshi sunset bus
13 Reviews
from US$ 12.31
More Info
All reviews day safari lemosho route rhino lodge assistant guide these guys private safari from start to finish mara river booking process whole team spotting animals his knowledge amazing safari experience amazing team uhuru peak whole group days nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2019

I booked my 8 Day hike of Mt Kilimanjaro with Monkey Adventures, summiting in October.

I highly reccommend Monkey Adventures. During the booking process they responded quickly to all my questions, which were many.

Our crew were amazing, Paull our head guide, Salim assistant guide ,cook, waiter and porters we would not have summitted without you. Paull and Salim were very knowledgable, supportive, encouraging and friendly guides, I highly encourage you to request them when booking your hike.

The food was amazing, hot chips and pizza at 3600m!! soup every night.I could not believe the food we were served each night.

The porters, no words can describe the incredible job they do always with a smile. They came to meet me after a tough summit and finish the walk back to camp with me.

Monkey Adventures are awesome value for money and I am so glad I chose them.

Thanks for making the adventure amazing.

Reviewed 29 October 2019 via mobile

What a great experience! We have just returned from an 8-day trekking on the Lemosho Route. The experience was unique and incredibly great. Our guides, Erick and Yaya, were the best guides we could imagine. From the beginning they led us safely and comfortably through the beautiful landscape. Compared to other guides we saw on the way, our walking speed was slow but very constant, which is very important to avoid getting altitude sickness. So we reached the summit without any problems and enjoyed the beautiful panorama. David, the cook, gave us excellent meals with a mix of local and foreign cuisine. The food was served by Frank, who always entertained us very well and at the same time taught us in Swahili. The trekking was unfortunately very rainy. Thanks to the great work of the porters this was no problem.
I recommend Monkey adventures 100 % to others. Ask for the guides Erick Ponera and Yaya. They earn per trekking and, very importantly, the tip is a very big part of their salary. That's how it works here..so it's worth being generous.

Reviewed 29 October 2019 via mobile

This was an amazing trip, and both my husband and I would recommend Monkey if you're trying to decide which company to hike with. The two of us were signed up as part of an open group, but as noone else joined our particular trek, it ended up being just the two of us. This turned out to be a great perk, since it allowed us to be more flexible with our hiking schedule. Both our lead guide (Sam) and assistant guide (Andrew) were amazing. They quickly learned what our natural hiking pace was and adapted the hike to our style. Medical checks were done each day and our guides kept a close eye on our condition throughout the day (tip: make sure you're 100% honest with your guides as to how you're feeling so that they can address any developing health conditions promptly). For the two of us, we had the two guides, a cook, and 7 porters. The entire crew was amazing; very friendly, and extremely hard working. The food prepared by our cook (James) was very tasty and the portions were huge! Trust me, you won't be hungry! We did also rent the portable toilet, and I'd highly recommend doing that; depending on the camp, your tents might be set up a fair distance from the bathrooms, so having your own nearby is a lot more convenient (especially at night). We really got to know our guides throughout this week, and became good friends. So we'd definitely recommend hiking with Sam and Andrew, you'll be in great hands and will have fun along the way!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 25 October 2019

Our family of 4 had an amazing time with monkey adventures. The booking process was easy and all emails were promptly answered by Nyani. Our trek guide Eric was brilliant, along with his 2 assistant guides Hans and William. It was very enjoyable trekking with them and getting to know them. They were more than happy to share their extensive knowledge of the mountain and tried their best to teach us Swahili. They were excellent with our 12 and 14 year old boys. We felt safe and knew the decisions they were making were to get the whole team to the summit, which we all did. The food was excellent (compliments to chef Davy) and you were never left wanting for more. Our team of porters were an amazing group of people. We had some wet (and cold) arrivals at camp and they would do everything they could to make you as comfortable as possible, all with a smile. They too were great with the kids. On summit night a team of 5 helped us to the top. It was my youngest sons birthday and we all sung happy birthday under the moonlight on our first break which was great for motivation. On summiting ERIC pulled out a bottle of champagne for more birthday celebrations which was fantastic, and at the end of the long day an amazing birthday cake was enjoyed by the whole group, along with the best birthday song we’ve heard. The whole group definitely made it a very memorable week for us and I wouldn’t hesitate in choosing them for another trek.

We followed up with a 5 day safari (Tarangire, Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater). Our guide Freddie put us on all the animals we could hope to see at the best vantage points. He would get away from the crowds and at times we felt like the only ones there, still with fantastic viewing. It was an amazing experience

I can highly recommend Monkey Adventures for your trek and safari adventures.

2  Thank Bazzza77
Reviewed 19 October 2019

Went to hike Mt Kilimanjaro on the 6 days Marangu route. The arrangements were professionally executed, and they made sure we had all the correct gear and clothing so that we are not caught unprepared. We had Amos as our guide, communicates well, really experienced, places great importance in safety, yet really really friendly, fun and chill guy all around. He assembled a great team to support us through our Kili journey. Had a really great experience overall!