Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm

from $1,814.00
More Info
from $2,083.16
More Info
All reviews day safari lemosho route north serengeti guide david private safari booking process kenya and tanzania whole team amazing safari experience his knowledge perfect safari whole group amazing days days nights wonderful trip big thanks food was great
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

Me and my brother enjoyed a 5days Safari in Tarangire, Serengeti&Ngorogoro and a 6days hike on Kilimanjaro! Everything worked fine and Monkey Adventures organised everything perfect!! Thanks for an unforgettable Adventure in Tansania!!

Reviewed 12 April 2019 via mobile

Experience of a lifetime. We did the Rongai route 6 days/5 nights with Monkey Adventures and we are delighted with our choice. We were briefed at our hotel in Moshi the evening before we started our hike. We met Dennis our fantastic guide and he talked us through everything so we knew what to expect each day. They also checked our gear after that and reassured us that anything extra we needed could be rented the following morning so this really put us at ease knowing that we would be properly equipped. After a quick stop at the rental shop, we made our way to the starting point about a 3 hour drive from Moshi. The team of porters, guides and cook with Moshi were just exceptional and everything we needed was taken care of. We had 4 litres of water supplied for us each morning to last us through the day and when we reached the camp each evening, they had pitched our tents for us and they had carried our gear to the next point. Jafari cooked delicious meals for us each day, we set off on a good breakfast each morning and lunch and dinner never failed to disappoint. We were very fortunate not to have experienced anything more than mild altitude sickness so we were able to enjoy all the tasty food provided. Dennis and Nasri had a very effective plan of a second shorter hike in the afternoons after we had reached our camp, where we ascended an extra few hundred metres to acclimatise then came back down to camp to sleep at the lower altitude. I definitely believe that this is what helped us avoid altitude sickness. We had the most comfortable nights of sleep, even on the cold nights and our tents were very sturdy even through one night of high winds.

The monkey team shared an evening of song and dance with us on the third evening which was a really fabulous experience and put us into good spirits for the tough day ahead on the fourth day. They also learned some Irish traditional dance moves from us and performed them very well! The atmosphere around the camp with Monkey adventures was just lovely. Summit day was of course very tough, but the team made everything a little easier because of their high spirits, with Nasri, Dennis, Baraka and Jafari singing us up the mountain when they sensed we were flagging. Their motivation was uplifting and infectious. On the short stops, (freezing cold conditions meant that stopping for more than 5 minutes was near to impossible) we were treated to ginger tea and this warm boost would keep us going for another while. We are so grateful to the whole team for being a vital part of the reason we reached the summit. These guys are just amazing, to think that they do this on a regular basis is astounding and all the while carrying our supplies and camp gear. We never had to worry once about a thing. If you are even considering Kilimanjaro at any point, I couldn't recommend this company more highly. Massive thanks to all the team for what was an unforgettable experience. Wishing you all the best on the next venture.

Reviewed 10 April 2019 via mobile

This company cannot do enough for you! We had a fantastic Safari from beginning to end. Good communication from when we made the booking until the tour began. We were welcomed the morning of our safari by the guide and someone from the office. They made sure we knew exactly what what the itinerary was and to let them know if there was anything we needed or wanted they would accommodate. Our guide Reggie Jr was awesome. He was friendly and told us loads about the area of Arusha, the tribes, the geography etc. He even stopped and bought us some red bananas. We visited Lake Manyara on the first day and Norongoro Crater the next. He knew loads about the animals and gave us as much time as we needed to look/ take pics. The safari jeep was good and had a cooler for drinks. We stayed at Marera Lodge which was perfection. Great views, huge beautiful room.
Even after the safari the guys from the office popped by to make sure we enjoyed our trip and get our feedback.
Would 100% recommend Reggie. Ask for him when you book your safari.

1  Thank gillianmccormick85
Reviewed 29 March 2019 via mobile

Me and my partner did a 7 day trek on Machame route with Monkey adventure in early februari 2019. The trek was amazing! Everything went as planned and we absolutely loved our guides Godlisten and Humphrey! They were very professional and helpful. We felt safe and well taken care of and did not experience much problems with the altitude. From a Swedish perspective the trek was wery luxurious with fresh food (no dry food, we even got fresh watermelon!) and dinner served at a set table in a separate mess-tent. The food was just great and the crew was really nice. Would definitly recomend choosing Monkey adventures. The only thing you will regret is not tipping more, they really did a great job!
/Katarina and Magnus from Sweden

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank katarina a
Reviewed 28 March 2019

Monkey Adventures helped giving me the best experience in my life so far! I'm SO incredibly happy and grateful that me and my friends decided to book our safari and Kilimanjaro trip with Monkey, despite the low price and weirdly so many amazing reviews (how could it be true, right?). Well, their concept really really works.

We did a 2 day safari to the Tarangire Nationalpark and Ngorongoro crater. The night was spent at a really nice lodge in between the two locations we were visiting. The guide, Masai, was extremely knowledgable, had studied wild life and animals and could answer all our questions, always with a smile. The three of us were alone in the jeep, which made it comfortable despite our long legs, and in the end the safari was just a dream come true and left me with a happy heart.

Arriving in Moshi after our safari, we had a Kilimanjaro briefing at the hotel. The next day we went to a gear shop where we easily could rent the gear we didn't have. Then set out for the Machame gate and started our trek. I could not have asked for better people to take care of us in the mountain, I felt completely safe at all times. We were served great food, and Hassan (porter/waiter) was so helpful and amazing. Summit night was extremely tough and I am so proud of myself - but without our incredible guides, I would have probably not made it. TINO, FRANK, JONATHAN - you are three of the greatest human beings I have ever met, and I am so thankful.

Book with Monkey, I was amazed!

Date of experience: March 2019